Ex-lawyer Cohen assails 'conman' Trump, gives no direct evidence of collusion

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps a rat, but a rat with some honor. He decided enough was enough. Tens years of covering up for this man was enough. And of course, there was the matter of prison. Most RICO cases, and many of the mafia godfathers were brought down by rats. It is the nature of the judicial system to use rats, to squeeze out the real gangsters. Trump is finished. He is toast. His life of crime is finally catching up with him. Hopefully, Don Jr. and Ivanka will also see the inside of a cell. America deserves that justice. 

IMG_7468.JPG

IMG_7424.JPG

he didn't decide enough is enough he was busted and decided to try for a book deal... lol

11 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Geez man, Hillary again?  Your boy Trump is going down in flames and all you can do is bring up Hillary?  Nobody cares about her anymore.  It's about Trump and his crime family.  What the heck is wrong with you? 

Screenshot_20190227_072619.jpg

14 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Yet another smoking gun turns out to be a damp squib. Clearly this Cohen has cracked under pressure and some serious mental illness is presenting itself. A lawyer calling somebody a "conman" and a "cheat", I loved that part. Give him a course of lithium and put the poor guy out to graze in some asylum, there is no point in hounding him any more.

Now as per the title - "no direct evidence of collusion" from an insider. Once again may I humbly suggest there was no collusion, and even if certain Russian nationals wanted Trump to win, this did not cause Hillary to lose. Hillary did that all on her lonesome. The sad excuses and employing spymaster Mr Steele to gin up some plausible excuses as to why it wasn't Hillary's fault and the rest is history.

Your post could have  possibly more relevance perhaps if you were  a USA citizen.    But...

15 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Your post could have  possibly more relevance perhaps if you were  a USA citizen.    But...

This post of his is imo nonsense, as are most of his posts. But your contention 'if he would be American his post would have more relevance' is even worse.

Everything you want to know.  Lanny Davis who is a friend and supporter of Hillary Clinton is Cohen's attorney and he orchestrated the appearances before Congress.  Also it tells you a lot when the Democrats who control the proceedings are limiting the questioning to only areas they believe will be detrimental to Trump. 

11 hours ago, tlandtday said:

I don't understand why everything has to be tit for tat?  Can we not address the competency or credibility of someone without pointing a finger at someone else.  This Trump Derangement Syndrome makes it like dealing with six year olds.

Sure you understand. That's pretty much how Trump supporters react to any comments regarding Trump's competency or Credibility. But but but Hillary. But but but Obama.

6 hours ago, Kelsall said:

This shows how hatred can overshadow common sense.  In America anyone is innocent until proven guilty.  Trump has never been charged with a crime and of course never convicted.  All this started because he became president.  Nothing but politics.  Trump is not worried because he has nothing to worry about.  The whole thing is a laughable attempt to overthrow a duly elected president. 

"In America anyone is innocent until proven guilty."

I seem to recall something about "lock her up" chants?

As to whether Trump's worried or not, kinda doubt you're in the know.

And, of course, being dully elected (even disregarding ongoing investigations) doesn't bar the opposition from seeking to replace the government. Especially when said government is what it is.

:coffee1:

20 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Yet another smoking gun turns out to be a damp squib.

Russian collusion? You bet, dead in the water.

SDNY however? You better believe the Trump Crime Family is losing a LOT of sleep over the VERIFIABLE evidence of financial fraud on many accounts and levels. It's still being debated whether or not a sitting president can be indicted, but in this there is NO grey area - Trump will be indicted once he's out of office and there are NO pardons on state crimes.

5 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Also it tells you a lot when the Democrats who control the proceedings are limiting the questioning to only areas they believe will be detrimental to Trump. 

No. The Dems asked the questions they wanted and the Repubs asked theirs, though I saw MUCH more grandstanding and political posturing than actual questions being asked by the Repubs.

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMHO Cohen is not alleging anything about Trump that most of the world does not know about him already.

As well, Cohen has actual evidence to corroborate much of his testimony including tax fraud, insurance fraud, abuse of the Trump charity, and paying off his mistresses while in office. Think about that - WHILE IN OFFICE!

When will enough be enough for Trump supporters?

6 hours ago, tlandtday said:

he didn't decide enough is enough he was busted and decided to try for a book deal... lol

And Cohen was questioned by several Repubs about promising not to benefit from said book deal, to which he said, "No. I'm taking the deal." Probably the first honest thing he's said going forward.

7 hours ago, Kelsall said:

"No direct evidence of collusion".... says it all.   It's over, Anti-Trumpers, magaphobes.  Actually it's been over for a long time.  Time to move on.

Yeah, move on to the Southern District of New York. Let there be no confusion, Trump Crime Family is going DOWN. Crimes for which Cohen presented physical, verifiable evidence:

Tax fraud

Insurance fraud

Abuse of the Trump charity

Campaign fraud by paying off his mistresses while in office.

When will enough be enough for Trump supporters?

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Those that hoped he was the "answer to all their prayers" in removing Trump are AGAIN sadly mistaken.

Not this time.

Certainly the Russian collusion question is just about put to rest. As stupid as Trump is, he was smart enough to keep layers of insulation between him and any direct link. However, he left enough evidence over financial crimes to put him and his family into a mandatory stay at the gray bar hotel for quite some time.

6 hours ago, watcharacters said:

If I was not from the US and of anti-American sentiments I would be a DT supporter.  I feel that way of anyone else.

"Death to America" is no longer a threat, it's a wish that the country will commit suicide, which it seems to be in the process of doing.  MAGA, baby!

11 hours ago, Ulic said:

Of course, Cohen is telling the truth. Those who don't believe him and believe Trump probably believed Lance Armstrong when he said he never took drugs, or that Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, and Mark Maguire never too drugs either. That said I don't really care. I think Trump is a dufus but the American voters put him in office and he has done or tried to do everything he said he was going to do. From moving the American embassy to Jerusalem, lowering taxes, appointing conservative judges from his named list weaken EPA standards and streamline regulations. People may not like what he stands for or his policies, but he has in his bull in a china shop ham-handed way delivered or is trying to deliver on his promises. Do I think Cohen is right on all of his assumptions, no. I don't believe Trump is a racist. I believe he is not sensitive to the issues of blacks/Hispanics, and he holds poor people in low regard, regardless of race. He likes and gets along with wealthy successful minorities, couldn't give a shit about the rest. He is a silver-spoon shameless self promoter-bullshiter egomaniac, but then again I believe almost everyone who runs for president of the USA has to be a bit of an egomaniac. Just my opinion. :coffee1:

You said much I agree with, but no one except Cohen knows if he is telling the truth, so I don't agree with your first sentence.

However, if he comes up with a valid tape recording, or some other incontrovertible proof, that would be a different story, but so far no such proof exists, right?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but so far no such proof exists, right?

During his public testimony, Cohen presented a copy of a check signed by Trump (you can't mistake THAT signature!) for campaign finance fraud (paying off the mistress for her silence and not reporting it) dated while he was in office. Nobody, including Trump, is disputing this. Cohen also has copies of MANY of the bank statements where Trump fraudulently inflated or deflated his properties' value(s) to avoid paying taxes or to obtain loans. This is bank fraud, black and white. The Southern District of New York is going to bring the Trump Crime Family down!

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You said much I agree with, but no one except Cohen knows if he is telling the truth, so I don't agree with your first sentence.

However, if he comes up with a valid tape recording, or some other incontrovertible proof, that would be a different story, but so far no such proof exists, right?

Trump supporters, yourself included, aren't phased much by having Trump's own words being presented, in whatever form. What follows on almost all such occasions is a deflection and denial routine. Never mind conspiracy theories and "expert" legal views as to credibility of information.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We already know that Cohen had a habit of recording telephone conversations.

We already know the Mueller team have those tapes.

Brace yourself.

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The first verification of testimony given by Cohen has already arrived;

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/431983-fordham-confirms-cohen-threatened-legal-action-if-it-released-trumps

More to follow.

If that's all they've got, Trump need not lose any sleep. Much ado about nothing in the most litigious country in the world.

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The fact that every single minority member of the Oversight Committee chose NOT to defend the president speaks volumes.

They tacitly agreed that trump cannot be defended.

Embarrassing performance. 

Are any of them Trump supporters? Many GOP dislike Trump as much as the Dems. Ergo, it depends on the alignment of the minority members.

53 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We already know that Cohen had a habit of recording telephone conversations.

We already know the Mueller team have those tapes.

Brace yourself.

Given that every phone call is being recorded, IF Trump is guilty of something and was stupid enough to incriminate himself on a phone call, he probably should be booted. It behooves us all to remember that "someone" has access to everything transmitted by electronic media, including everything we write on here.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that every phone call is being recorded, IF Trump is guilty of something and was stupid enough to incriminate himself on a phone call, he probably should be booted. It behooves us all to remember that "someone" has access to everything transmitted by electronic media, including everything we write on here.

Every phone call is NOT recorded, OBVIOUSLY. trump famously uses his own unsecured phone.

Cohen has at least "A hundred tapes" of CONVERSATIONS.

Feel free to brush up on the Giuliani interview...

“Even If He Did Do It, It Wouldn’t Be a Crime”: Rudy Giuliani on President Trump

Because?

Because I have been through all the tapes, I have been through all the texts, I have been through all the e-mails, and I knew none existed. And then, basically, when the special counsel said that, just in case there are any others I might not know about, they probably went through others and found the same thing.

Wait, what tapes have you gone through?

I shouldn’t have said tapes. They alleged there were texts and e-mails that corroborated that Cohen was saying the President told him to lie. There were no texts, there were no e-mails, and the President never told him to lie.

So, there were no tapes you listened to, though?

No tapes. Well, I have listened to tapes, but none of them concern this.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/even-if-he-did-do-it-it-wouldnt-be-a-crime-rudy-giuliani-donald-trump-robert-mueller-moscow-buzzfeed

BTW, here is a copy of the check aka "the smoking gun." The date on the check is 1 Aug 2017. Trump was inaugurated 20 Jan 2017.

And this is just the beginning. The Trump Crime Family is going DOWN.

michael-cohen-trump-check.jpg

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that's all they've got, Trump need not lose any sleep.

Meh. Not so sure. Seems trump lost a lot of sleep worrying that his SAT scores would leak. I'm guessing south of 400, so can understand his desire to suppress this information. Weird he never mentions Fordham, just his two years at Penn?

See if you can guess trump's 'tell' when he lies...HINT: his lips almost always move.

23 hours ago, Kelsall said:

This shows how hatred can overshadow common sense.  In America anyone is innocent until proven guilty.  Trump has never been charged with a crime and of course never convicted.  All this started because he became president.  Nothing but politics.  Trump is not worried because he has nothing to worry about.  The whole thing is a laughable attempt to overthrow a duly elected president. 

True he has never been convicted. But, he had 3,600 lawsuits against him, at the time he became president. Most of those were the result of crimes he committed, against small contractors. Many of whom lost their homes and businesses, as a result of doing work for the charlatan, after being defrauded by him. You are right. More scrutiny has been put on him since he became president. In my opinion, his crimes may have caught up with him anyway, as he was already under investigation. 

The president has an unprecedented number of legal entanglements compared to even the most challenged previous president. These include lawsuits brought in state and federal court by individuals, companies, and state attorneys general against him personally and in his role as president. His company, the Trump Organization, his charity, the Trump Foundation, and his three oldest children also face lawsuits and a variety of potential jeopardy.

http://fortune.com/2018/09/21/donald-trump-lawsuit-investigation-charges-news-update/

Archived