Ex-lawyer Cohen assails 'conman' Trump, gives no direct evidence of collusion

webfact

On 2/28/2019 at 12:46 PM, NickJ said:

2020....MAGA. 

Trump is managing to do quite the opposite. He is running the empire into the ground, on so many levels. And now, post Kim summit, we really see what a poor negotiator he is. He came back empty handed as usual. Let us count. So far, he has been taken for a ride by Kim twice, Putin, MBS, the Canadians, The Mexicans, the Europeans, and who else? The man cannot negotiate his way out of a paper bag. The real question is, will he be able to negotiate his way out of a prison sentence?

MAGA. Cute slogan. A parrot could learn to say it. There is about a 1% chance of him even running in 2020, at this state of the game. He is nearly finished. We are being asked to bear another 22 months, and then this man will disappear into the kind of obscurity he could not ever imagine. That is, unless he or his kids go to prison. Then his fame will increase. Branding? Finished. Management of new projects? Finished. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Meh. Not so sure. Seems trump lost a lot of sleep worrying that his SAT scores would leak. I'm guessing south of 400, so can understand his desire to suppress this information. Weird he never mentions Fordham, just his two years at Penn?

Yeah, this testimony by Cohen, and today's confirmation by Fordham University is really telling. How many times has Trump bragged about what a stable genius he is, and how many times has he denigrated so many people as being stupid or not as smart as he is? Absolutely he would want the whole world to see his fantastic grades and admission scores. Why wouldn't such a self ego-stroking genius want the world to see how smart he really is? I think we all know the answer. Low SAT scores, low grades, and even more scandalous potentially, how was he allowed admission to Wharton (even though it's only the undergrad not the famed MBA school) unless there was some big influence or pressure (think daddy's donations).

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fordham-confirms-that-trump-team-threatened-the-school-if-his-grades-became-public-2019-02-27?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

On 2/28/2019 at 6:10 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Yet another smoking gun turns out to be a damp squib. Clearly this Cohen has cracked under pressure and some serious mental illness is presenting itself. A lawyer calling somebody a "conman" and a "cheat", I loved that part. Give him a course of lithium and put the poor guy out to graze in some asylum, there is no point in hounding him any more.

Now as per the title - "no direct evidence of collusion" from an insider. Once again may I humbly suggest there was no collusion, and even if certain Russian nationals wanted Trump to win, this did not cause Hillary to lose. Hillary did that all on her lonesome. The sad excuses and employing spymaster Mr Steele to gin up some plausible excuses as to why it wasn't Hillary's fault and the rest is history.

History is just beginning ????

Looks like Trump walked away from a deal that could have been inked, had he possessed good negotiating skills. But since he can not negotiate his way out of a paper bag, nothing happened. Trump says they wanted full lifting of sanctions. N. Korea says they only asked for partial. And that even that was negotiable.  

Who should we believe? We should believe Kim. Why? Because Trump is a pathological liar, and ALWAYS puts his image and brand above the interests of the American people. Had he been a good negotiator, he would have walked away with some concessions, in exchange for marginal lifting of sanctions. I could have negotiated that deal! 

I think he may have been so distracted by the Cohen hearings, he was not able to apply the relatively small amount of intelligence and skills that he possesses. A minor arsenal at best. 

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

See if you can guess trump's 'tell' when he lies...HINT: his lips almost always move.

Doesn't that apply to most politicians? 

eg "I did not have sex with that woman" and "if you like your Dr you can keep your Dr and if you like your plan you can keep your plan".

On 3/1/2019 at 5:33 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

You said much I agree with, but no one except Cohen knows if he is telling the truth, so I don't agree with your first sentence.

However, if he comes up with a valid tape recording, or some other incontrovertible proof, that would be a different story, but so far no such proof exists, right?

Tape recordings?    Are  you familiar with  tape or video recording  laws in the USA?   In public it's a constitutional right  to record but in private there are  other laws that apply.   What kind of incontrovertible proof are you seeking?

If Cohen lies again before this committee he'll face even more time in jail.    i don't think he wants that.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doesn't that apply to most politicians? 

eg "I did not have sex with that woman" and "if you like your Dr you can keep your Dr and if you like your plan you can keep your plan".

Standard deflections aside, the topic still ain't about past presidents, but related to the current one. And, yes, you can continue to ignore the fact that Trump's lying is on a whole different level, even compared to the average politician.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:30 PM, keemapoot said:

Why wouldn't such a self ego-stroking genius want the world to see how smart he really is?

For the same reason his "drain the swamp" supporters are so against any investigation into his alleged criminal activities.  His whole persona is a façade.  A cardboard cutout with enough shiny bits to distract the faithful from what he really is and says.  A cross between the Wizard of Oz and the clothes-less Emperor.

image.png.a32318c275789ab74c178f71a9f9ccf4.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 2:19 AM, spidermike007 said:

Trump is managing to do quite the opposite. He is running the empire into the ground, on so many levels. And now, post Kim summit, we really see what a poor negotiator he is. He came back empty handed as usual. Let us count. So far, he has been taken for a ride by Kim twice, Putin, MBS, the Canadians, The Mexicans, the Europeans, and who else? The man cannot negotiate his way out of a paper bag. The real question is, will he be able to negotiate his way out of a prison sentence?

MAGA. Cute slogan. A parrot could learn to say it. There is about a 1% chance of him even running in 2020, at this state of the game. He is nearly finished. We are being asked to bear another 22 months, and then this man will disappear into the kind of obscurity he could not ever imagine. That is, unless he or his kids go to prison. Then his fame will increase. Branding? Finished. Management of new projects? Finished. 

Well.....one of your turds down the drain. Let's talk gain after the election. Don't bother with your ego and replying with a book response. Doubt you don't have it in you to not respond. Just wait. I can. Been here for many years junior. Wait is that your response. I hear you typing from Mexico.  I sense vomit , taste it . Oh. It's u. An English teacher with no bank account

Archived