BANGKOK 25 March 2019 18:34
webfact

Wonder what happened to your important mail? It's at the postman's house

Wonder what happened to your important mail? It's at the postman's house

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A postman in the Bang Saphan area of Prajuab Khiri Khan has been sacked after "a thousand" items of mail including parcels were found dumped at his house. 

Pictures of what Sanook said were at least 1,000 items appeared on the page of an admin for a Bang Saphan Facebook page.

Many people commented on the Santhat That Dechakert page that they had not received their mail for months.

Some faced being imprisoned for failing to respond to important court requests through no fault of their own. 

Complaints were made by many people but the cause was not discovered until a probationary review of a new staff member was carried out. 

The postman had been on the job seven months and has now been sacked, said provincial chief postmaster Theeraphong Thepmanee who said that he was "shocked" by what has happened. 

He promised that all mail will be sent on, albeit many months late in some cases. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-28

Sacked???? By any other Thai disciplinary standards that is very harsh punishment. Rarely or if ever have i heard of that happening before.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Postmaster Theeraphong was shocked, BS this is only 1 incident happens quite a lot, and not only in Thailand, there was a similar case recently in the UK.

We had one in Tasmania didnt bother taking it home he just went into a wooded area on his route and burnt it .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Sacked???? By any other Thai disciplinary standards that is very harsh punishment. Rarely or if ever have i heard of that happening before.

moved to inactive "Post" 🤪

hear some similar stories happening around Europe but there the postman was opening the pension letters and cashing them out ....here it appears the guy was looking for a job not for work

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Has been sacked but not put in jail??

Very similar case in my wife's hometown. Undelivered mail and also stealing from the mail. Piece of sh** was fired but absolutely nothing else happened to him.

when 2 new cards were sent to me from my bank in Australia and disappeared I went to the post office, they told me straight out that it was probably the postman, they do it all the time, this report shows that is exactly what happens. Very surprised they sacked him, usually they do bugger all so they dont lose face

Edited by seajae