Wonder what happened to your important mail? It's at the postman's house

webfact

Wonder what happened to your important mail? It's at the postman's house

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A postman in the Bang Saphan area of Prajuab Khiri Khan has been sacked after "a thousand" items of mail including parcels were found dumped at his house. 

Pictures of what Sanook said were at least 1,000 items appeared on the page of an admin for a Bang Saphan Facebook page.

Many people commented on the Santhat That Dechakert page that they had not received their mail for months.

Some faced being imprisoned for failing to respond to important court requests through no fault of their own. 

Complaints were made by many people but the cause was not discovered until a probationary review of a new staff member was carried out. 

The postman had been on the job seven months and has now been sacked, said provincial chief postmaster Theeraphong Thepmanee who said that he was "shocked" by what has happened. 

He promised that all mail will be sent on, albeit many months late in some cases. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-28

46 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Postmaster Theeraphong was shocked, BS this is only 1 incident happens quite a lot, and not only in Thailand, there was a similar case recently in the UK.

We had one in Tasmania didnt bother taking it home he just went into a wooded area on his route and burnt it .

when 2 new cards were sent to me from my bank in Australia and disappeared I went to the post office, they told me straight out that it was probably the postman, they do it all the time, this report shows that is exactly what happens. Very surprised they sacked him, usually they do bugger all so they dont lose face

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Been said many times on this forum, the actual mail service is not the issue, its the local postman, the last link in the chain that is usually the issue for missing mail. Proved to be the case yet again. 

As it was at my location, a new man on the job & all of a sudden my mail seemed to go astray.One day a maid that services the apartments came to my door & handed me some letters, saying she found them in the bins outside !!!!

7 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

my Christmas cards did not arrive

maybe some hope

Mine didn’t arrive either for two consecutive years. Someone probably looking for cash stashed inside since I receive all other mail I expect just not Christmas cards.

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Been said many times on this forum, the actual mail service is not the issue, its the local postman, the last link in the chain that is usually the issue for missing mail. Proved to be the case yet again. 

I am afraid to say that the mail service most definitely is the issue. I have written so many emails to Thailand Post regarding their poor delivery record to my Tambon in Bang Saphan Noi. (This is where the local postman in the article was based by the way). I have had letters taking a month to arrive from Bangkok. 3 months for a parcel from UK that was suddenly found in the back of the sorting office there!! Christmas cards that either arrive 2 weeks late or not at all!! 90 days reporting by mail taking 8 days from Hua Hin, The list goes on and on.

So I have emailed postal care at Thailand Post and nothing has ever been done until now. And I have heard that other people have done the same where legal documents have never arrived or arrived too late. And this has taken a high up person in another Moo to complain and alert the media to what has been going on. They have had enough chances to put their house in order but failed every time. 

Will be waiting to see if we do get any improvement but I will not be holding my breath.

tampering with mail is an offence. He should be locked up.

Our local PO delivery guy was doing the same. The wife and i gigured it out and set him up. He still works there though but calls us immediately if something arrives. We yelled the f out of him in front of everyone at the po. Actually its happened in rawai, prachin buri and also kanchanaburi that weve had this issue. They all do it and the especially like the ebay items from the uk or aus with no tracking info.

7 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

A not so funny  coincidence ! Just  today have had to go  looking  for a tracked mail  containing  a Passport that  Area Post Office  had checked off as  delivered . Yep, sitting in front room  of village  house along  with <deleted> loads of other peoples stuff.

That's worrying, especially as I get documents sent from the UK paid extra for the proof of receipt/signature required service, enabling me to track them on the Thai Post Office tracking website.

Having said that, I constantly follow my item, when it appears "Out For Delivery" (the phrase on the tracking page), I make sure I'm at home and waiting for it. If it suddenly appeared as Delivery Status "Successful" (along with an image of the signature) but it hadn't arrived, I'd be on the phone right away to chase it.

But that's just me - very untrusting.

been there done that. I found out the postman's address by myself and went there, he was very helpful, he let me in and let me search for my missing letters myself, all stacked on the floor.

I reported him to the main post office and we now have a woman doing the job and she does it well.

Archived