Wonder what happened to your important mail? It's at the postman's house

webfact

51 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Sad to hear all of these stories as we have excellent service up here. A recent letter from Immigration was to our old address but the local post office knew we had moved and put the correct address on it before delivery.

We are in a similar situation. For informal mail we can use the address where we really live.

However, for all official correspondence we have another address about three km away. The postman always seems to know and delivers to where we are.

There are some good points about the Thai Post Office.

Just an update as today 2 Christmas cards arrived, One from my sister was posted 5th Dec and the other from a friend I cannot make out the date stamp. Yes, these had been sitting at the postman's house and the delivery postman knew it.

all this is fine with waïs, "solly solly Sir" etc. .... but what for those who got into big trouble for not responding to the mail, that was stolen by the Postal Employe ?.....will the friendly local ruling government do something about it and rapidly acquit those who got harassed for nothing ?... ..of course only acquit the locals - those awful farangs can jolly well pay the hefty fine, even though it's no fault of theirs....????

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:18 AM, Burma Bill said:

Interesting, most of the mail appears still bound in bundles with elastic bands with no attempt to open them for possible cash or bank cards - the usual reason.

In the UK it's often that they just can't be bothered delivering them. Nowadays, they're on a tight schedule to complete their rounds so they just dump them.

• 2 weeks later...

used to order tons of stuff off aliexpress (cheap stuff, gimmicks.)

always got my stuff until one day the packages stop and the next 10-15 orders never showed up (usually takes a month or two to get stuff from China)

i'm sure it was something similar as there's no way those packages never made it otherwise (shipped from all over the place to me)

Archived