Stealing Thai jobs, illegal working: Thousands deported, millions in fines paid

webfact

28 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Indeed.

A visible scourge that needs to be quickly eradicated.

Maybe your displeasure would be better served at the source of money that is keeping these businesses going - The tourist who purchase. If they are providing the demand, there will always be a supply.  - Or would the scourge be less needy of eradication if it was Thai tailors hassling tourists?  

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

live in ghettos with their own kind with no intention to integrate or assimilate.

Ah, that's me, I'm a one man ghetto. Resistance is not futile, I shall never assimilate. Gotta go dredge my moat now.

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Sounds like every first generation Americans like Italian-Americans, German-Americans, Irish-Americans, etc.

Same as Australia, Melboune, Victoria used to be the 2nd biggest Greek city in the world, after Athens.

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Maybe its because of the generous state benefits that there is all this paranoia around migrant workers I'm currently stealing a Thai job by lounging on the sofa????

????

Dreadful attitude. Do you realise that two, yes two locals could lounge on that sofa at the same time and you would only have to pay them 300 baht each a day to do it. ????????

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I have an excellent, well paying job with good benefits that allows me to monitor my other Thai based businesses at the same time. 

Why would you not want to work here if you wanted to stay here?

If you need an extra pair of hands let me know.. I'm getting bored retired on the sofa !

I can't believe that someone who has been so long on the forum is so ignorant. Many of these guys are Thais and born here. This has been explained quite a few time on the forum. 

Sure there are a few that are NOT legal but the majority are legal as they are Thai. This topic has come up again and again. People talking about the Indians in MBK ect. 

Yes I forgot any skin not white makes it look bad.. while it was a white drunk Brit causing carnage in Pattaya only yesterday. I prefer looking at Indians then having guys like that Brit in Thailand. 
They should pick up people for not working or sleeping at taxi ranks, benches, hammocks etc; as these bone idle bastards would be scared to death if they had to have a real job. Nothing wrong with getting drunk but I never read the article as I could have for a living sometimes but I don't bother anyone is became a lifelong hobby and being Scottish we are part of our National pride lol

Sent from my SM-G570F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Alternate headline:

Big Oo turns stolen Thai jobs into inactive posts

"We have now thousands more inactive posts ready to be filled. Knowing that there are new inactive posts available in case of malfeasance will relief especially the police force and other authorities."

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Like what job requires Westerners. Can I do that? What is the requirements? 

Those jobs are becoming fewer as time goes on.

Engineering jobs in O&G and power generation always used to use expats because of the education standards from EU, OZ and US etc.

Now that more and more Thai engineers are getting qualified overseas and more have built up a good few years experience the openings are getting fewer for expats. Just the way it is.

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Lucky bugger...

To be fair I don't really need to work any more either but I would end up drinking and whoring myself to death otherwise. 

I'd rather "drink and whore myself to death" than working myself to death.

Just about 2% working ilegally, how much time and money was spent checking 250,000 migrants....on a side note, what about the 90% of thai visitors to South Korea that are overstayers and working ilegally, kinda overshadows the small percentage here

Those jobs are becoming fewer as time goes on.
Engineering jobs in O&G and power generation always used to use expats because of the education standards from EU, OZ and US etc.
Now that more and more Thai engineers are getting qualified overseas and more have built up a good few years experience the openings are getting fewer for expats. Just the way it is.
Oh. My friend worked for three years and did not like Thailand. Moved back to California

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This is military thinking

create feelings of nationalism and patriotic idiocy to convince the plebs they are doing the right thing in supporting military dictatorship

luckily there are thinking people in Thailand

lets hope they can overthrow these <deleted> and do something about the real threat to Thailand

the Thai male on the beach in Jomtien, he is lounging in a hammock all day, while his wife is toiling for 12 hours doing the food, renting deck chairs, sounds about right. i bet if one questioned him, his response would be, *well i did wake her up in the morning, and brought her here * ha ha

Same as Australia, Melboune, Victoria used to be the 2nd biggest Greek city in the world, after Athens.
Stupid people who complain about assimilation don't understand that it is only the first generation, by second generation everybody assimilate throughout the world. The story is the same for every nationalities in every country.

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Who said there was?

I'm glad the Thais recognise the illegal worker problem and are proactive in dealing with it.

Much to your chagrin I'm sure. 

Well done Thai Immigration.

:WPFflags:

You did when you said "its visibly bad now" before going off on some twisted racist rant about how Indians used to sell peanuts, which was before I corrected your infantile assumption that Indian ancestory equals illegal immigrant.

6 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Oh. My friend worked for three years and did not like Thailand. Moved back to California

Engineering in particular could be/was very well paid especially or the larger projects with full packages for family. House, car, driver, business class flights etc.

I would not dare mention the salaries as very few would believe it and say it was BS.

All I will say is that those salaries have dropped way down and as an expat you will have in many cases to accept the same as Thai engineers at management level that may be as low as 200,000/250,000 a month and no other benefits.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I can't believe that someone who has been so long on the forum is so ignorant. Many of these guys are Thais and born here. This has been explained quite a few time on the forum. 

Sure there are a few that are NOT legal but the majority are legal as they are Thai. This topic has come up again and again. People talking about the Indians in MBK ect. 

Yes I forgot any skin not white makes it look bad.. while it was a white drunk Brit causing carnage in Pattaya only yesterday. I prefer looking at Indians then having guys like that Brit in Thailand. 

The subject is migrants taking Thai jobs. What on earth has a drunken British tourist to do with that? 

It's an uncalled for and cheap pupulist jibe. You put the Brits  in the usual firing line along with Ladyboys and taxi drivers. 

1 minute ago, Lemonltr said:

The subject is migrants taking Thai jobs. What on earth has a drunken British tourist to do with that? 

It's an uncalled for and cheap pupulist jibe. You put the Brits  in the usual firing line along with Ladyboys and taxi drivers. 

If you had a scrap of integrity you would have directed that rant at the racist blindly accusing all Indian's of being illegal immigrants instead of the one defending them.

In the restaurant where my GF works as a chef, the menial jobs are all done by Cambodians and Vietnamese, who usually also have a second and even a third job as well. Meanwhile the Thais who used to do the menial work all seem to have gone to work illegally in South Korea. Maybe the Thais should just stay at home and the Koreans should recruit the Cambodians and Vietnamese, they’ve got much better language skills and usually have a more solid work ethic too.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

If they are not legal citizens, if they are legal foreigners but do not have a work permit, they need to be rounded up and deported. That is something you have always been in agreement with. If Brits or Indians or Dutch are doing same thing boot them out. No foreigners stealing jobs from Thais, be they Green Bay fans, Dutch, or South Asians. No illegal workers in the Kingdom.   :thumbsup:  On this we can all agree ... 

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I have an excellent, well paying job with good benefits that allows me to monitor my other Thai based businesses at the same time. 

Why would you not want to work here if you wanted to stay here?

I like that necklace.  Where did you get it?

14 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

If they are not legal citizens, if they are legal foreigners but do not have a work permit, they need to be rounded up and deported. That is something you have always been in agreement with. If Brits or Indians or Dutch are doing same thing boot them out. No foreigners stealing jobs from Thais, be they Green Bay fans, Dutch, or South Asians. No illegal workers in the Kingdom.   :thumbsup:  On this we can all agree ... 

The point being, they were not only quesitoning immigration status based on race but even making the assumption that they are illegal based on them being Indian.

Archived