Stealing Thai jobs, illegal working: Thousands deported, millions in fines paid

webfact

Just now, Kieran00001 said:
5 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

If they are not legal citizens, if they are legal foreigners but do not have a work permit, they need to be rounded up and deported. That is something you have always been in agreement with. If Brits or Indians or Dutch are doing same thing boot them out. No foreigners stealing jobs from Thais, be they Green Bay fans, Dutch, or South Asians. No illegal workers in the Kingdom.   :thumbsup:  On this we can all agree ... 

The point being, they were not only quesitoning immigration status based on race but even making the assumption that they are illegal based on them being Indian.

Check em and if they are illegal deport them. Stealing of Thailands jobs by foreigners must be stopped now.

Shake A Fist!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I made no such assumption.

I stated that there are hundreds of illegal South Asian workers in MBK in Bangkok and in Pattaya especially on Beach Road, which there are.

None of them are Thai citizens and hardly any of them speak Thai.

Most of them are just off the boat. 

And FYI, nut sellers were and still are of South Asian origin. You still encounter them in Bangkok and Pattaya. 

What evidence do you have that "most of them are just off the boat"?  What evidence do you have that none of those working in MBK or on beach road are Thai citizens?

I can tell you for a fact that some of them are because one family Indian family on beach road are personal friends of ours and have been in Thailand for three generations, doesn't mean you wont hear them speaking Punjabi though.

You are judging people on their race and the language you over hear them speaking, you most certainly are making the assumptions of a racist. 

9 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Who is accusing all Indians of being illegal immigrants?

You've lost the plot son.

"Its getting visibly bad"

Visibly, as in you can see that there are people of a different race not that you have the first idea of their immigration status.  No plot lost, I know a filthy racist when I hear one.

6 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Maybe they should target South Asians, in particular Indians and Bangladeshis. Seems to be hundreds of them working in stalls and shops and touting tailor shops and other nefarious businesses in tourist areas, especially in Pattaya. 

How do they obtain work permits for this kind of work?

It's visibly bad now whereas even just ten years ago they were restricted to selling nuts or touting poorly made suits to new arrivals.

even just ten years ago they were restricted to selling nuts

The Kings officials of the Royal Court are of indian origin, how did they escape being restricted to selling peanuts in your little brain?

6 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Maybe they should target South Asians, in particular Indians and Bangladeshis. Seems to be hundreds of them working in stalls and shops and touting tailor shops and other nefarious businesses in tourist areas, especially in Pattaya. 

How do they obtain work permits for this kind of work?

It's visibly bad now whereas even just ten years ago they were restricted to selling nuts or touting poorly made suits to new arrivals.

I am pretty sure they're Indo Thai.

Indians came to Thailand even before west discovered Thailand.

Working in those mega malls and shops in front of everyone and not hinding behind curtains definitely tells they're legit and can work there, otherwise they'd be first people to get arrested in raids.

Thailand is forced to take action on things where in the past they didnt care that much.

USA , EU forcing them to act. If not, economic sanctions will be the whip.

So more and more the Thai will act on all the western way wrong things. And the more they are in the western system, the more they take care for all wrong western ways. Bending to global array.

However the western can not even keep there own ways and are screwing their own people.

In USA you have many jobs done by.....latin Americans. In EU you have Polish people doing work EU people will not and are screwed by their employers. But ... they dont care, ok when they find out they act somehow, depending on how big a story can get. It doesnt matter if there is a military or non military system, they are all the same.

Its all about one global system to run and only the rich will get better with it. Yha now you are thinking, but an employer then? Well another one above him (government) wants to get better with power and money, so kicks down.

WE are going back in time, when there were rich and the other ones were slaves. The slaves will be deported, but ofcourse come back again. Thai borders seem to be very open or corrupted border patrols let them in. And then the story begins again. Maybe also make a wall around Thailand, maybe all countries make a wall then.

Mankind so clever, but on other hand sooooooo stupid and greedy.   

1 hour ago, manchega said:

This is military thinking

create feelings of nationalism and patriotic idiocy to convince the plebs they are doing the right thing in supporting military dictatorship

luckily there are thinking people in Thailand

lets hope they can overthrow these <deleted> and do something about the real threat to Thailand

The problem is, most of them can't think ahead.

I thought they let Cambodians and Burmese work some Thai only jobs, construction for example because of a lack of Thais wanting to fill these trades. Same thing happened in the UK not so long ago when eastern Europeans were let in to fill the employment gaps. What's stranger to me is the amount of often unqualified western teachers still working here on ED or tourist visas? 

24 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Thailand is forced to take action on things where in the past they didnt care that much.

USA , EU forcing them to act. If not, economic sanctions will be the whip.

So more and more the Thai will act on all the western way wrong things. And the more they are in the western system, the more they take care for all wrong western ways. Bending to global array.

Looks like you are desperately searching to deflect.

We are talking Thailand here, not Albania, not Kazakhstan. You have lost the plot mate. This is Thailand, it is not the EU, or the USA, or Green Bay Packers (cheeseheaded Brat eaters, that they are). This is about Thailand. You need to get back to Thailand.

It has come to the Nations attention, there are lots of Indians working here without proper VISA and working permit. Just like that sad Packer fan trying to sell jerseys on Sukhumvit, they need to be arrested and deported. We are talking about Thailand’s sovereignty as a Nation here. Illegal Indian workers and Green Bay fans flogging jerseys must be arrested and deported.

Shake a fist.

7 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

So in the the next 15 years when Thailand becomes a super aged society will they then beg them to come back ??
But of course these things happen when people in charge can’t think any further than tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I like that” super aged society”

Thailand will never be a Japan or South Korea or Singapore.

What you see now is what it will be in 15 years and 30 yrs.

Too much corruption, too many uneducated people, poor education system, too many poor people, a closed mind society, so don’t expect it to change.

Developing country; developing into what?

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Engineering in particular could be/was very well paid especially or the larger projects with full packages for family. House, car, driver, business class flights etc.

I would not dare mention the salaries as very few would believe it and say it was BS.

All I will say is that those salaries have dropped way down and as an expat you will have in many cases to accept the same as Thai engineers at management level that may be as low as 200,000/250,000 a month and no other benefits.

I've worked on some of the biggest projects in the country and Thai Engineers are on peanuts, but there is usually a very good reason for that.... Things are changing slightly, but to be honest, how can you pay a local Engineer big money when a Doctor's on peanuts as well..... Expat money has gone...... I was working on the airport extension last year as a supervisor and i was pulling six hundred quid a week for six days work from five in the morning till eight a night...... Peanuts !  Left and went to Saudi and was making 650 quid a day, starting wage i might add...... Thailand's finished for the expat, unless you're a boiler room wallah or moving money in a Paddy bar.........

So in the the next 15 years when Thailand becomes a super aged society will they then beg them to come back ??
But of course these things happen when people in charge can’t think any further than tomorrow.

Correction: can't think, the rest is superfluous. 

7 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I don't see many white people illegally working along beach road, if any at all.

There's a few Ruskies in Hooters, and that's about it. 

You are off on another lost plot rant about Indians again without addressing the point of illegal workers. I am well aware of LEGAL Indian immigration to Thailand, but thanls

If Indians are more respected as you claim then why do the majority of Thais think Indians are unclean and refuse to eat their food, with the moniker 'kaek' appropriated them?

????

Try the islands for a change, plenty of white people working there.

If you are so aware of legal Indian immigration to Thailand then why are you making these ridiculous assumptions?  You provide zero evidence other than the faces of the people you have seen and the laguage you heard them speak, you did not see their passports, did you?

The majority of Thai's refuse to eat Indian's food, really?  Not sure what percentage of food imported doesn't pass through Shah's hands these days but certainly most Thai's ARE eating an Indian's food.  << Removed by Moderator >> Anyway, I do not know what percentage call Indian's kaek and think they are dirty but it certainly is not all Thai people, its a low education thing, an attempt at racial superiority only attempted by those ignorant of their own country.

7 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I've worked on some of the biggest projects in the country and Thai Engineers are on peanuts, but there is usually a very good reason for that.... Things are changing slightly, but to be honest, how can you pay a local Engineer big money when a Doctor's on peanuts as well..... Expat money has gone...... I was working on the airport extension last year as a supervisor and i was pulling six hundred quid a week for six days work from five in the morning till eight a night...... Peanuts !  Left and went to Saudi and was making 650 quid a day, starting wage i might add...... Thailand's finished for the expat, unless you're a boiler room wallah or moving money in a Paddy bar.........

I reckon the days of big projects here are gone and I mean for the employment of expats. If/when the next one comes it will have a core of expat managers/engineers and that will be 15 to 25 guys working back to back for a very large project so only 12 or so here at a time.

The rest of the positions filled with Indian and Phillipinos at 50 to 60,000 baht a month.

9 hours ago, robblok said:

I can't believe that someone who has been so long on the forum is so ignorant. Many of these guys are Thais and born here. This has been explained quite a few time on the forum. 

Sure there are a few that are NOT legal but the majority are legal as they are Thai. This topic has come up again and again. People talking about the Indians in MBK ect. 

Yes I forgot any skin not white makes it look bad.. while it was a white drunk Brit causing carnage in Pattaya only yesterday. I prefer looking at Indians then having guys like that Brit in Thailand. 

Always the emphasis on "Brit"! Not drunk, not drunk driving but "Brit'.

I'm against all forms of racism, and against all drunk driving, and drunks who cause trouble because of alcohol - period. I don't care what color they are, what nationality they hold or their racial type, religion or sexual orientation. None of those are moderators to or relevant to the fact that they are abusing alcohol. 

Guess some just have their own biases.

Archived