Affordable short term Internet Service Providers

Arun Prakash Sharma

I just moved into a condominium unit on a 3 months contract as I might be out of Thailand later. But there is not wifi or any internet available. 
I just need internet connection for 3 months which is affordable, unlimited and decently fast. Max 1000Baht/month.

What are the options? 

I contacted true and 3BB and they said they can only have 1 year internet contract. 

Help me!

5 hours ago, muratremix said:

some condominiums have internet ready, you should have picked one with internet.

you can use 4g from AIS a bit more than 1000 baht per month for unlimited traffic.

or use 6-10 mbit/s unlimited for a cheaper price.

Your information is both inaccurate and out of date.

AIS no longer has unlimited packages for new SIMs, other than perhaps the package costing 1605 baht.

DTAC's packages are still unlimited and if he joins today he will get double the speed for two months; http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/net-no-limit.html

so 535 baht per month for an up to 8 Mbps data connection or 695.50 baht for up to 20 Mbps.

Of course he will need a 4G modem of sorts.

22 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Your information is both inaccurate and out of date.

AIS no longer has unlimited packages for new SIMs, other than perhaps the package costing 1605 baht.

Well.. They still have it.  And their FUP are :

*FUP-Fair Use Policy, After related data limit is reached for 299-699 B. packages, 4G/3G speed is reduced to 128Kbps.
*FUP-Fair Use Policy, After related data limit is reached for 899 B. packages, 4G/3G speed is reduced to 384Kbps
*1,099-1,999B. packages, 4G speed is maximum speed up to 300Mbps

NOTE: I just noticed that this is for the Postpaid SIMs.

Monthly Fee
(Baht)
NEXT G Internet Non-Stop* Call All Network
(Min)
wifi.png
Unlimited
Free! Full HD Movies, Series and Games with data free
4G|3G
1,999 logo-nextg-4g.png
Unlimited
2,000 green_check.png ais play
hbo
logo-wb.png
12 months
ROV
and
PUBGM
1,599 1,200 green_check.png
1,299 850 green_check.png
1,099 650 green_check.png
899 logo-nextg.png
Unlimited
28GB 400 green_check.png
699 18GB 300 green_check.png hbo
logo-wb.png
6 months
599 14GB 250

9 minutes ago, donim said:

Well.. They still have it.  And their FUP are :

*FUP-Fair Use Policy, After related data limit is reached for 299-699 B. packages, 4G/3G speed is reduced to 128Kbps.
*FUP-Fair Use Policy, After related data limit is reached for 899 B. packages, 4G/3G speed is reduced to 384Kbps
*1,099-1,999B. packages, 4G speed is maximum speed up to 300Mbps

NOTE: I just noticed that this is for the Postpaid SIMs.

Monthly Fee
(Baht)
NEXT G Internet Non-Stop* Call All Network
(Min)
wifi.png
Unlimited
Free! Full HD Movies, Series and Games with data free
4G|3G
1,999 logo-nextg-4g.png
Unlimited
2,000 green_check.png ais play
hbo
logo-wb.png
12 months
ROV
and
PUBGM
1,599 1,200 green_check.png
1,299 850 green_check.png
1,099 650 green_check.png
899 logo-nextg.png
Unlimited
28GB 400 green_check.png
699 18GB 300 green_check.png hbo
logo-wb.png
6 months
599 14GB 250

So then they don't have it, do they? Slowing down to 128 kbps is 'unlimited' only in legalese and since we are writing about short term, we go back to the package for 1605 baht, which is way over budget.

Not sure what your post has to do with Short Term Internet Provider...

They, AIS, still having the unlimited data package. But not the unlimited top speed.

The NET Sim Fair Use Policy are :

• 299, 399, 499 and 699 Baht  (1, 2, 3, 5 and 8 GB) packages can use the internet at the max speed as determined by each package’s internet allowance. When the allowance is reached, subscribers can continue using the internet at the speed of 128 Kbps.
  • 899 (8GB) and 1,099 (14GB) Baht packages can use the internet at the max speed as determined by each package’s internet allowance. When the allowance is reached, subscribers can continue using internet at the speed of 384 Kbps.

Emailing and reading TV works fine on the reduced speed, and you still have the Unlimited WiFi, which you can use on locations outside, in malls,  or maybe at your home too.

Rgds,

1 minute ago, donim said:

They, AIS, still having the unlimited data package. But not the unlimited top speed.

• 299, 399, 499 and 699 Baht  (1, 2, 3, 5 and 8 GB) packages can use the internet at the max speed as determined by each package’s internet allowance. When the allowance is reached, subscribers can continue using the internet at the speed of 128 Kbps.
  • 899 (8GB) and 1,099 (14GB) Baht packages can use the internet at the max speed as determined by each package’s internet allowance. When the allowance is reached, subscribers can continue using internet at the speed of 384 Kbps.

Emailing and reading TV works fine on the reduced speed, and you still have the Unlimited WiFi, which you can use on locations outside, in malls,  or maybe at your home too.

Rgds,

Is there something wrong with your reasoning?

Why are you continuing to push expensive, limited data packages with AIS, when there is still truly unlimited packages available with DTAC?

1 minute ago, KneeDeep said:

So then they don't have it, do they? Slowing down to 128 kbps is 'unlimited' only in legalese and since we are writing about short term, we go back to the package for 1605 baht, which is way over budget.

Not sure what your post has to do with Short Term Internet Provider...

They still have it, and always had it. Just the package Super Speed Unlimited has dropped.

The unlimited data is still active, just throttled. 128kbps for the lower package and 384 for those in the range 800-1100, which is moderate.

It is just one of the options you can consider if you stay short term here.

Rgds,

Just now, donim said:

They still have it, and always had it. Just the package Super Speed Unlimited has dropped.

The unlimited data is still active, just throttled. 128kbps for the lower package and 384 for those in the range 800-1100, which is moderate.

It is just one of the options you can consider if you stay short term here.

Rgds,

No. You are wrong.

No longer for new SIMs. Throttled to 128 kbps is not unlimited. That's just a marketing gimmick. 

You don't seem to know much on the subject.

I will ask you again; Why are you continuing to push expensive, limited data packages with AIS, when there is still truly unlimited packages available with DTAC?

DTAC

Unlimited net at 512Kbps max speed
Baht
image.png.d1382362f0b39122a111783af1e5afe2.png Unlimited 512 Kbps
image.png.4090c653fbfdad944d3caaea15746346.png 30 days
More detail

Net No Limit : Unlimited net at 1Mbps max speed
Baht
image.png.d06778077934e23096de15820f0033a1.png Unlimited 1 Mbps
image.png.42dc0c31d12e056ac7275b113a03c6c8.png 30 days

Net No Limit : Unlimited net at 4Mbps max speed
xicon_selltalk_pre.png.pagespeed.ic.J-wHGet 1 month access to movies on iflix
Baht
image.png.7f8df7c40bfd79b7f41badd8e034cf61.png Unlimited 4 Mbps
image.png.b50e658b5ecd6616d95e325ef43ed2b0.png 30 days

Net No Limit : Unlimited net at 10Mbps max speed
Baht
image.png.0ceda312f90285a37a079acb1113bc6b.png Unlimited 10Mbps
image.png.0e8c450b720c42c72877db3035c2b7bb.png 30 days

9 minutes ago, donim said:

Rgds,

Do you understand "Unlimited"? This is unlimited; http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/net-no-limit.html

The one that you mention are simply Volume packages that are throttled down after the volume of data is used up. Don't confuse yourself and others with ridiculous marketing terms.

2 minutes ago, donim said:
DTAC

Unlimited net at 512Kbps max speed
Baht
image.png.d1382362f0b39122a111783af1e5afe2.png Unlimited 512 Kbps
image.png.4090c653fbfdad944d3caaea15746346.png 30 days
More detail

Net No Limit : Unlimited net at 1Mbps max speed
Baht
image.png.d06778077934e23096de15820f0033a1.png Unlimited 1 Mbps
image.png.42dc0c31d12e056ac7275b113a03c6c8.png 30 days

Net No Limit : Unlimited net at 4Mbps max speed
Baht
image.png.7f8df7c40bfd79b7f41badd8e034cf61.png Unlimited 4 Mbps
image.png.b50e658b5ecd6616d95e325ef43ed2b0.png 30 days

Net No Limit : Unlimited net at 10Mbps max speed
Baht
image.png.0ceda312f90285a37a079acb1113bc6b.png Unlimited 10Mbps
image.png.0e8c450b720c42c72877db3035c2b7bb.png 30 days

Yes, I already posted the DTAC link in post #3, so what is your point after pushing expensive and not fit for purpose AIS packages?

6 hours ago, dotpoom said:

TOT start with 3 month contracts 

That, really, is interessting and would fit perfect for the OP.

I just checked the TOT website, and couldn't find these conditions yet, but will post if found. If not posted, please link the source and or copy the information, so the information would be of great help for the OP on this short term.

Rgds,

6 minutes ago, donim said:

Options at DTAC to choose from:

Volume/price based and after that throttling to 128kbps.

dtac nets.png

It seems that DTAC has now also jumped on the throttling bandwagon.

Prices have gone up. So now you are getting much less for your money.

A better bet is to pick up a few SIMs via Lazada; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-4mbps-200100gb-6-i265207202-s412358601.html

or

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-net-true-4g-unlimited-4mbps-lot-30662-i113119201-s116516313.html

or purchase a volume data package in the first instance, without the capped speed and capped volume nonsense.

For instance you can purchase a 5 GB over 7 days package from Truemove H for 105.93 baht. 20 GB over 28 days costs under 424 baht. 

A lot cheaper than the above suggestion of 20 GB capped at 4 Mbps for 695.50.

Changing times need creative solutions, not just copying and pasting from the network websites.

22 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

It seems that DTAC has now also jumped on the throttling bandwagon.

Prices have gone up. So now you are getting much less for your money.

Glad you noticed, reason I didn't reply on your post was I was trying to find out where the -REAL- unlimited package was at DTAC as you were saying.. Didn't find it.

Now you have picked up that too. Ok ????

The same goes with True, just checked everywhere.. but nope.. no right deal that the OP can use. I am using AIS (volume based) and True (unlimited and ''unlimited'' ) myself, only one sim with the real unlimited, until that one expires later this year (12-month activation). Reactivation would give me the new policy.

Not sure about these.. these are the sim that I am using too, the ''unlimited'' depends on when you did the activation and subscription.

Interessting sims. Just read the conditions and it sounds resonable, after the period it will turn into a normal sim. 
For the OP this is a great solution, 200 GB that he can use in his 3 months stay. (the other 100GB is for social media and video).

My sugession is that he goes to a True shop or agency first, to ask for these sims.

And.. don't get a sim on the airport on arrival, which are just fine for a week stay.

or purchase a volume data package in the first instance, without the capped speed and capped volume nonsense.

For instance you can purchase a 5 GB over 7 days package from Truemove H for 105.93 baht. 20 GB over 28 days costs under 424 baht. 

A lot cheaper than the above suggestion of 20 GB capped at 4 Mbps for 695.50.

Changing times need creative solutions, not just copying and pasting from the network websites.

Was trying to make a quick overview for the OP, then we can suggest several options to choose from.

Creativity is the right word. Sometime it rewards to use two sims.

All I focused was that: 3 months,  budget 1000 each month and speed  being reliable.

(My experience is that 384kbps was ok for watching youtube 360k and wifi hotspot for laptop)

Any information are welcome.  The grail is all of those TODAY available on one sheet next to each other, which I had before but outdated as you noticed from dtac too.

Rgds,

1 hour ago, donim said:

Glad you noticed, reason I didn't reply on your post was I was trying to find out where the -REAL- unlimited package was at DTAC as you were saying.. Didn't find it.

Now you have picked up that too. Ok ????

The same goes with True, just checked everywhere.. but nope.. no right deal that the OP can use. I am using AIS (volume based) and True (unlimited and ''unlimited'' ) myself, only one sim with the real unlimited, until that one expires later this year (12-month activation). Reactivation would give me the new policy.

Not sure about these.. these are the sim that I am using too, the ''unlimited'' depends on when you did the activation and subscription.

Interessting sims. Just read the conditions and it sounds resonable, after the period it will turn into a normal sim. 
For the OP this is a great solution, 200 GB that he can use in his 3 months stay. (the other 100GB is for social media and video).

My sugession is that he goes to a True shop or agency first, to ask for these sims.

And.. don't get a sim on the airport on arrival, which are just fine for a week stay.

Was trying to make a quick overview for the OP, then we can suggest several options to choose from.

Creativity is the right word. Sometime it rewards to use two sims.

All I focused was that: 3 months,  budget 1000 each month and speed  being reliable.

(My experience is that 384kbps was ok for watching youtube 360k and wifi hotspot for laptop)

Any information are welcome.  The grail is all of those TODAY available on one sheet next to each other, which I had before but outdated as you noticed from dtac too.

Rgds,

The website changed at midnight on the 1st of Feb. That is today, which is why you could no longer find it.

Up until midnight on the 28th, they were still offering the full speed packages and double the speed for free at that. As illustrated in post #3.

FYI, the unlimited packages are still available with Truemove H and AIS, just not for SIMs registered from the 1st of Feb. If you have a SIM registered before that, you can still avail yourself of the truly unlimited packages.

This may be the case for DTAC too, haven't checked.

1 hour ago, donim said:

That's a good find. They are found here too :

http://www.treemobileshop.com/index.php/2017/06/16/simtrue/

DE1FE258-CF15-40D5-A329-E0CEBB205D63.jpeg

How do you propose that they order the SIM from treemobile? 

You really need to stop with the cut and paste for the sake of it. All you are doing is regurgitating what has gone before and making it more complicated. There is already a usable link via Lazada.

There's a 'hidden' prepaid sim from True that you can't get a true shop, it's only bundled with a phone/device when True wants to shift old stocks of phones, but mobile shops will separate them and sell just the sim card for about 1,200 baht that lets you have unlimited volume at capped speed of 4Mb/s for 12 months, all legit and registered into your name/ID and everything.

and that's all you pay, no topping up, (though you can top up credits if you make voice calls on them) no contract, after it stops working, get a new one

ask for 'Sim Thep' at the mobile phone stalls, or available online from Lazada where you can bring the package to activate at 7-11 or proper True shop

15 minutes ago, muratremix said:

why the heck they removed unlimited packages?

Why do you think? Obviously people using them for home connections and caning the data.

So now they've adjusted the prices and cut the amount of data. Just use your old SIM and you can continue with unlimited.

5 minutes ago, digbeth said:

There's a 'hidden' prepaid sim from True that you can't get a true shop, it's only bundled with a phone/device when True wants to shift old stocks of phones, but mobile shops will separate them and sell just the sim card for about 1,200 baht that lets you have unlimited volume at capped speed of 4Mb/s for 12 months, all legit and registered into your name/ID and everything.

and that's all you pay, no topping up, (though you can top up credits if you make voice calls on them) no contract, after it stops working, get a new one

ask for 'Sim Thep' at the mobile phone stalls, or available online from Lazada where you can bring the package to activate at 7-11 or proper True shop

Already linked to earlier, but useful to have a name for them if shopping locally. Though I imagine local prices might be somewhat inflated.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Arun Prakash Sharma said:

Thanks Everyone!

I got a myCAT SIM card and got a 3 months 6Mbps unlimited internet for 1070Baht including tax. Its working fine so far

Thanks for the feedback. Indeed MyCAT is the solution for those who don't have SIMs registered before the 1st of Feb(Probably 1st of March in the case of DTAC).

DTAC has 10 Mbps 90 day packages.

Archived