"M-Help Me" application set to save lives and improve Bangkok traffic, say police

Jonathan Fairfield

"M-Help Me" application set to save lives and improve Bangkok traffic, say police

4.jpg

Image: TNN screenshot

Traffic police and the private sector hailed a new application launched yesterday that aims to improve Bangkok's notoriously bad traffic and reduce accidents. 

The "M-Help Me save your life" app is available free from the App Store or Play Store. 

It contains traffic information in the capital and reports can be made about traffic snarl ups and accidents. CCTV at certain sports can be viewed in real time. 

Pol Maj-Gen Jirasan Kaewsaeng-Ek, a deputy commissioner of the Bangkok police, in launching the app said it would be a boon for residents of the capital in improving the situation on the roads. 

Information can be accessed in nine other countries said TNN.

Several high profile actresses and actors have been enlisted to promote the app. 

Further details are available on the app's Facebook page. 

Source: TNN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-28

Why would people in nine other countries want to look at jammed up traffic in Bangkok? Does anyone really think this will improve Thailand’s reputation?

Better to invest the money in modernizing the Intelligent Transport System that was bought years ago to synchronise the traffic lights and turned off after one day as no one understood it.

Fixed cycle traffic lights or worse manually controlled lights at junctions make the flow impossible.

On 2/28/2019 at 3:54 PM, NightSky said:

Google maps already shows traffic jams no need for another app. What might be useful is banning cars in the city center

Or charge 200 baht to enter the city, and use the money to hire foreign teachers 

Archived