Alleged robber of money truck arrested

webfact

Alleged robber of money truck arrested

By The Nation

baba060af088c4b360ea556cb0b667ba.jpeg

Police arrested a 19-year-old man on Thursday who allegedly robbed Bt7.27 million from a money truck in Bangkok on Saturday, while his accomplice is still at large.

At a press conference on Thursday, Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda said suspect Jirayus Suanmi was arrested on Wednesday. He allegedly robbed a money truck outside the Big C Extra shopping mall on Phetkasem Road in Bangkok's Nong Khaem district on Saturday.

85274a5efa80f2b6914f0086df35d900.jpeg

Chakthip said Jirayus' alleged accomplice, Thakdanai Niawrungjai, 27, was still being sought.

Chakthip said the suspects apparently planned the robbery well as they took just 10 seconds to grab the cash from the money truck and fled on their motorcycle.

The two robbers arrived on their motorcycle when the driver of the money truck and his helper came out of the shopping mall with Bt7.27 million cash in a bag, Chakthip said. They were carrying the cash from a Siam Commercial Bank branch and were about to load it into the truck when the two robbers struck.

Chakthip said the pillion rider fired a gunshot into the air, causing one worker to run away, and the pillion rider forced another worker to throw him the money bag.

Jirayus admitted to police that he and Thakdanai planned the robbery by checking the routine of the money truck two days in advance. They found the truck always came around 6pm to 8pm to collect money from banks inside the mall.

Chakthip said Jirayus led police to a rented room that Thakdanai had rented on Monday. Police recovered Bt3.6 million in cash from the room but police did not find the gun used in the robbery.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30364965

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-28

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

fired a gunshot into the air, causing one worker to run away, and the pillion rider forced another worker to throw him the money bag.

hmmmm .....  amoured guards don't usually run away or throw robbers bags of money. :whistling:

55 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hmmmm .....  amoured guards don't usually run away or throw robbers bags of money. :whistling:

I would imagine in most countries in the world, they are not paid to die by their employers.

I would imagine that they are trained not to defend the shipment and get involved in a fire fight with armed thieves.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Chakthip said the suspects apparently planned the robbery well as they took just 10 seconds to grab the cash from the money truck and fled on their motorcycle.

Not that well apparently.......or they would have got away with it.

3 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:
2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I would have assumed being a Thai, he'd be no more than a medium?

Can't be much of a medium or he would have known the Fed's were on the way .. :sorry:

OK OK, less of the small talk. Anyway, I'd have put my shirt on it.

(I really have been waiting for someone to come back with the 'medium' response!)

On 2/28/2019 at 3:46 PM, steven100 said:

They do if they are only getting paid 300 baht a day.

Archived