British Moped rider died in crash with motorbike in Cambodia

geovalin

A 21-year-old man from Essex died in hospital after the moped he was riding crashed in south east Asia, an inquest heard.

Joseph James Harper died in intensive care on February 6, 2019, Essex Coroner’s Court in Chelmsford was told.

He was riding a moped when it was involved in a crash at Kampot Province in Cambodia and was rushed to hospital – where he was found to have suffered serious brain injuries.

read more https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/essex-joseph-james-harper-inquest-opens-1-5910830

We all know the risks in Thailand, we all know it's one of the most dangerous places to drive.  We all think, "yea, they died, but it won't happen to me."  I will never rent a motorbike, and i'm amazed how many farangs i see who are not comfortable on the bike........ not sure the solution.  do less, get more people and rent a car, i don't know....it's very dangerous out there.  sorry about this guy.  

3 minutes ago, puukao said:

We all know the risks in Thailand, we all know it's one of the most dangerous places to drive.  We all think, "yea, they died, but it won't happen to me."  I will never rent a motorbike, and i'm amazed how many farangs i see who are not comfortable on the bike........ not sure the solution.  do less, get more people and rent a car, i don't know....it's very dangerous out there.  sorry about this guy.  

this was is Cambodia

anyway you've stated nothing that hasn't been said in the past, pretty pointless post

8 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

this was is Cambodia

anyway you've stated nothing that hasn't been said in the past, pretty pointless post

Isn't anything Pointless posted on here? who's gonna take any notice of what any of us post on here . Their care factor,, ZERO.

On 3/1/2019 at 9:18 AM, puukao said:

I dont think its that bad, just ride slowly and defensively and wear a helmet. at least in cambodia they dont have that low IQ thai fashion that many tourists imitate of wearing a helmet without doing up the strap 

Archived