Video: Find this hit and run driver who upended motorcyclist then went through red light

webfact

Video: Find this hit and run driver who upended motorcyclist then went through red light

5pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Daily News

CCTV footage posted on Facebook showed a motorcycle slow to a stop for a red light in Bangkok early last Saturday morning. 

The motorcyclist - who posted the footage under the name "Thammada Loke Mai Jam" - was hit from behind by a Toyota Altis that then continued through the red light as if nothing had happened. 

Incredibly the rider who somersaulted into the air was able to walk away. 

He posted the footage on Wednesday in an appeal to netizens to track down the driver of the Altis. 

It is hoped that some dash cam footage might have recorder the vehicle's license plate. 

The rider was on his way from the Ying Charoen market at 6.11 am on Saturday. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-01

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the rear light broken on the motorbike? Did the car driver have very dark tint on his windscreen? Was the car driver drunk? Or, tick all three boxes?

Of course,  the driver should have stopped, his is an idiot and should be locked away.

2 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Drunk driver perhaps late on a Friday night? Or just plain carelessness. 

I agree with above poster, Thai people never seem to help properly, they all stand around gossiping & gawking. 

And taking photos/video...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The motorcyclist - who posted the footage under the name "Thammada Loke Mai Jam" - was hit from behind by a Toyota Altis that then continued through the red light as if nothing had happened. 

what's wrong here...the guy was hit from behind, posted the footage, did he took the footage or somebody gave it to him and without showing the car plates?hummmmmm tuff one

Car driver seems to be accelerating to crash the traffic light changing to red. Presumably thinking the motor bike will do the same.

Then clears off quick - can't accept responsibility, might be drunk, might not have license and insurance.

But in this self centered, face is everything, never can be wrong culture, the fate of the other person is irrelevant and not even considered. It's all about me, me and me.

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Was the rear light broken on the motorbike? Did the car driver have very dark tint on his windscreen? Was the car driver drunk? Or, tick all three boxes?

Of course,  the driver should have stopped, his is an idiot and should be locked away.

I can't tick any boxes as I see some sort of a flicker still going on the motorbike, so maybe he did have rear lights. Also, the driver took off before I could determine if he was drunk and how much of a tint was on the windscreen. Sorry.

11 minutes ago, manchega said:

Was that motorcyclist using lights,

I would give benefit of the doubt to car driver

without a doubt

of course if that was a taxi it would be a fifty fifty case 

no prefjudice here

Of course the motorcyclist was using lights...  You can see it clearly on the video - Headlights and tail lights were both working. 

You can see the tail lights at the bike spun after impact. 

There is no doubt whatsoever that the car driver was 100% in the wrong. 

1 hour ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

I agree with above poster, Thai people never seem to help properly, they all stand around gossiping & gawking. 

Where in the video did it show people just "standing around gawking, gossiping and not helping"?  Was it in the part that was not shown that you have had special access to, perhaps?

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

what's wrong here...the guy was hit from behind, posted the footage, did he took the footage or somebody gave it to him and without showing the car plates?hummmmmm tuff one

Nothing wrong only your comment 

I hope they find this person hit and run is just pure careless of other people 

As the victim of the hit and run do you not think that it's likely that he was given access to the CCTV video?

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

As the victim of the hit and run do you not think that it's likely that he was given access to the CCTV video?

if so, don't you think the CCTV, that was generously,  given access to him would show the car plates

There is a good book that talked about the Thai culture caring only about their family and inner circles and not care about strangers or the public...

PL and I are going to stage a choking incident (PL choking on a chicken bone) in various restaurants around town and judge on 2 criteria 1. How many intervened? And 2. What % is competent to intervene?

the book is called Wondering into Thai culture....

the Thais scored low in altruistic behavior and charity giving by income and by population percentages....

but thais scores very strong in helping family members and inner cycles...they contrasted it against western cultures who cut the cord rather quickly with family members who are dead beats/wash out/become liabilities hence much higher homelessness % #s....

Did he took the footage?? Great English? Ever heard of a street camera? He must be good if he took the footage while riding the bike???

If the police were really interest in finding out all they got to do is go to their CCTV camera a number of KM prior to this intersection and go forward a number of KM they should be able to put 2 and 2 together.  There are a number of CCTV cameras up and down this road.

29 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

if so, don't you think the CCTV, that was generously,  given access to him would show the car plates

Not necessarily, depends on the quality of the pictures and the conditions at the time, doesn't it?  But, in this case the plates can be seen, whether they can be read is another matter.  Are you suggesting that the plates were deliberately obscured?

The TV DCI Boycie in me is thinking that just out of screen shot on the right, the black Pick-up truck stops and shakes the motorcyclist hand as he would have been T-boned, if not for him. They take a seat on the footpath and have a beer Chang, whilst waiting for the insurance man to arrive.

Think the CCTV footage ended to soon, it didnt show the 5km traffic jam built up and all the drivers getting out to see the bikes reg number for todays lotto.

Then everyone helped load the bike into the back of the Pick-up truck and the driver took the motorcyclist home.

Case closed. ????

11 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

If the police were really interest in finding out all they got to do is go to their CCTV camera a number of KM prior to this intersection and go forward a number of KM they should be able to put 2 and 2 together.  There are a number of CCTV cameras up and down this road.

But it would mean.... having to do some work.

I'm a bit surprised the motorcyclist who was arriving first didn't follow the car to try to get some evidence, he/she just sat on their motorcycle the whole time !

Same as the taxi driver in the outside lane, could have done a bit more!

2 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

" The rider was on his way from the Ying Charoen market at 6.11 am on Saturday. "

Archived