Cha-Am: Swedish mum finds her son dead in bed

webfact

Cha-Am: Swedish mum finds her son dead in bed

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A 37 year old Cha-Am man of mixed Thai and Swedish parentage was found dead in bed by his mother yesterday morning. 

Phat,37, a hotel worker in the seaside town in Petchaburi was heard to come home from his job as normal at 3.30 am. 

Emika, his Swedish mother, said that in the morning his phone went off and when he didn't answer it she went in to check up on him. 

He was dead in bed wearing just a pair of trousers. His right hand was laying across his forehead. 

Police on the scene said he had died about four hours previously. There was no sign of any struggle or things out of place in his room that is in a luxury house in the Khao Yai area.

The body has been taken to Bangkok for autopsy with Sanook so far calling it a "mystery" death. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-01

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

37 year old lives in  a room at his mother's house. The house is described as luxurious. He is described as a hotel worker.

"Mysterious" death. Indeed. 

What's mysterious about it?

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

37 year old lives in  a room at his mother's house. The house is described as luxurious. He is described as a hotel worker.

"Mysterious" death. Indeed. 

All of that likewise struck me as being more than a bit odd....

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

37 years, to young to die. Preexisting disease? Sudden cardiac arrest or massive stroke while asleep? Could be suicide, taking a bunch of pills and then go to bed, but no mention of any suicide note. Foul play? Who knows at this point.

At least you're not speculating wildly.

Something is not right in this story.... so he doesn’t answer his phone so she goes to check on him first chance she has?

hopefully some predispose medical problem not being disclosed for her to be so suffocating on another family adult member....

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

All of that likewise struck me as being more than a bit odd....

Why?

There's a forty-something year old son living with his mother next door to me. I've been in the house now for 18 months - never seen him - but my wife tells me is unbelievably obese. The house is quite 'luxurious' and he's a lawyer apparently.

Do you think that is 'odd' too? There must be hundreds - if not hundreds of thousands of men doing the same - not just in Thailand, but all around the world.

There are also hundreds - if not hundreds of thousands of daughters doing the same in Thailand. I personally know at least 10-15 from my work and many other single women friends of my wife. This too occurs all over the world.

Nothing odd about it at all!

On 2/28/2019 at 8:31 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

37 years, to young to die. Preexisting disease? Sudden cardiac arrest or massive stroke while asleep? Could be suicide, taking a bunch of pills and then go to bed, but no mention of any suicide note. Foul play? Who knows at this point.

Good gawd Detective TV, give it a rest!

Pat was my neihgbour,yes there is a khao jai near cha-am.

His mum is not Swedish but Swiss and so was Pat,he was also Thai.

The story has more faults in it but no need to discuss this here.

His mother Erika is devistated,the cremation is tomorrow (monday) afternoon at 3 oclock in the local temple.

Rip Pat.He was a hardworking,non drinking non smoking, loving son.

Please stop speculating.

19 hours ago, jvs said:

His mum is not Swedish but Swiss and so was Pat,he was also Thai.

The story has more faults in it but no need to discuss this here.

Sweden, Switzerland.... Australia, Austria.... etc etc...

World geography and accuracy in journalism aren't exactly high points here.

Archived