Foreigner breaks leg in motorbike wreck

Rimmer

1 hour ago, jimcarr65 said:

That's not broken

Even if an open compound fracture most of us are not qualified to say.

But sure as hell I do not think even the best doctors in the world could say it was not a fracture from a news print photo.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:25 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Questions on whether he had a bike license, Medical Insurance and was wearing a helmet????

At least he wasn't wearing flip-flops and didn't injury anyone else. It must have been quite a fall / impact to break a leg.

Just about everyone I know who has crashed gets a broken leg.  Your first reaction when crashing is to put your foot on the ground to try and steady yourself thus the leg breaks.

But it certainly is better then major head trauma.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:25 PM, pr9spk said:

In Western countries, they have a fairly fool-proof way of making sure that people who are incapable of riding a motorcycle safely are kept off the road. It's called a license.

You're right, it's so foolproof that in western countries no one ever drives or rides without a licence, do they?

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:33 AM, Basil B said:

About time they take bikes off unlicensed riders and impound them if they are rented and make the rental companies pay heavy to get them back, they will soon stop renting to any Tom, Schwanz or Garri without the appropriate driving licence.

He had no licence?  How do you know that?

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:25 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Questions on whether he had a bike license, Medical Insurance and was wearing a helmet????.

Why, what would be the relevance?  Do accidents not happen to licenced riders?  Would a helmet have made any difference to his leg injury?  Did he need to use medical insurance?

On 3/4/2019 at 8:33 PM, Basil B said:

About time they take bikes off unlicensed riders and impound them if they are rented and make the rental companies pay heavy to get them back, they will soon stop renting to any Tom, Schwanz or Garri without the appropriate driving licence.

you are talking thais as well i hope, so all the kids have to walk miles home, that could be dangerous for them dont you think ?

30 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

you are talking thais as well i hope, so all the kids have to walk miles home, that could be dangerous for them dont you think ?

Well I don't see many 13 year old riding Harleys to school in the UK, and I managed to do it for 9 or ten years without issues, or I caught the bus when it was raining. You suspect a child riding a motorcycle, no helmet, is in less danger than a pedestrian?

There are school bus options and parents can drop off and pick up too. Strange parents would rather risk their kids lives than spend a little on transportation. 

On 3/6/2019 at 2:17 PM, Just Weird said:

How does it matter?  Perhaps she was being treated out of the photo, perhaps she had already been taken to hospital. 

He was being light hearted.  Errrrrr .. like being pervy exageratedly / joking / being wity.  Or just being a dirty old man ????. Wanting to see the girl mentioned but not seen.  

The rest of us got it. I thought it funny but I had had a beer.  I prefer the light hearted posts. ????????????????????

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well I don't see many 13 year old riding Harleys to school in the UK, and I managed to do it for 9 or ten years without issues, or I caught the bus when it was raining. You suspect a child riding a motorcycle, no helmet, is in less danger than a pedestrian?

There are school bus options and parents can drop off and pick up too. Strange parents would rather risk their kids lives than spend a little on transportation. 

Off topic,

My 7yo stands in the footwell of our scooter to school and back every day.

Been doing that since he was 3, enjoys the ride, no helmet on anyone.

Same as everyone else at his school.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Off topic,

My 7yo stands in the footwell of our scooter to school and back every day.

Been doing that since he was 3, enjoys the ride, no helmet on anyone.

Same as everyone else at his school.

Off topic too.

Strange to put your own child at risk like this. The fact that he enjoys it is rather irrelevant and hardly surprising. Like the dog sticking his head out of the window until it ends up being 25 yards behind the truck. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Off topic too.

Strange to put your own child at risk like this. The fact that he enjoys it is rather irrelevant and hardly surprising. Like the dog sticking his head out of the window until it ends up being 25 yards behind the truck. 

All life is risk and luck ..... without the risk there is no point in living.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

All life is risk and luck ..... without the risk there is no point in living.

Risking your own life for the thrill of it is one thing. Risking others is where an error is being made.

3 hours ago, cookieqw said:

Yes, Thai's as well, Probably less a danger to themselves and others than them riding a bike.

I was just about to ask, why the ffffff these instances always have a gathering? An audience watching nearby. But then i read the comments, people look at the guy and decide, ah he is russian. Other one, ah he looks like a Dane. He cannot drive, this and that.

Bread and circus.

Archived