Zai Rice Harvester

kaka

Hi, My Thai GF and I are going to buy a rice harvester, looking at the Kubota DC-68 but she's come across some Chinese ones imported by ZAI, they are about 40% cheaper, they say they've been selling them in TH for 6 years.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of them or know of any other good cheaper alternative to Kubota?

Any help for a newbie would be greatly apprecieated.

You'd be better asking this question in the more specialized Farming Forum section.

I know nothing about rice harvesters except they eat consumables and are expensive to run.

My experience with Ford & Kubota tractors here, is spare parts and a good dealer network are just as important as the thickness of steel components, engine reliability AND THE initial purchase price.

Hence perhaps there is your first reason they are 40% cheaper.

I am like TG, don't have any rice harvester history. I do have experience buying Chinese cheap farm equipment. Didn't enjoy it but as it was for my own use and not subject to competitive time pressure. I got the job done but just took longer so the machinery wasn't stressed. 

If you want to look at this machine seriously, go see existing users and talk to them and their customers about the machine's performance. For the operator it is about the number of rai harvested and lost time and cost of maintenance. For the customer it is about wastage (grain spilled) or damaged. If the machine leaves grain on the ground nobody will want to employ it. 

Last season was low rainfall in my area and a lot of crop loss. Only the best machines, operating at the cheapest rates got any business. 

Bottom line is price is not the key decision factor.

Quick search on net but didn't see anything.

Cheap is alright if mechanically minded.

A few questions you should ask yourself.

Is it track or wheel drive?

Is the threshing east/west or axial flow?

What make of engine?

Are different screens available for different grains?

Bagging machine or hopper with auger?

What type of front?

Once you establish the parameters you require,price will be irrelevant.

Found an old video of one branded under G-Tech.

Looks like a mix of a kubota under carriage with another brands threshing system and a few of their own tweeks.Looks maintenance friendly enough.

Just for farm use i think would be ok.

Keep in mind it would pretty much have no resale value.

(maybe as parts to someone who has one)

Archived