Floor Tile Install Costs

ElephantEgo

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

We bought all materials except tools for the work, labour was 60 baht per sq m. 80 for wall.

Depends where you live.

he wants to know current rates not as they were in 1982

I thought I grabbed a bargain at 160bt/m2 3 years ago when everyone else was paying 200-220

current general rates in CM are currently circa 200-250bt/m2

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

I thought I grabbed a bargain at 160bt/m2 3 years ago when everyone else was paying 200-220

oH! those are the current Farang prices then ?

Just had my bathroom tiled yesterday, small village 15 km from Korat. Six square meters, had to remove old tiles which took 2 people 3 hours. Cost was 3000 Baht plus 130 baht each for 3 bags of tile cement. I supplied tiles and grout.

I had a really hard time getting anybody to come give an estimate. Several said would come next day but would never show up or call, reschedule - same,same.

First tiler that actually showed up gave an estimate of 15,000 baht.

3000 baht for job well done by old man and his wife. Took both 1 and little over half day of actual work but I will use again. Turns old he lives in the same village and I will use again.

1 minute ago, livram said:

Just had my bathroom tiled yesterday, small village 15 km from Korat. Six square meters, had to remove old tiles which took 2 people 3 hours. Cost was 3000 Baht plus 130 baht each for 3 bags of tile cement. I supplied tiles and grout.

I had a really hard time getting anybody to come give an estimate. Several said would come next day but would never show up or call, reschedule - same,same.

3000 baht for job well done by old man and his wife. Took both 1 and little over half day of actual work but I will use again. Turns old he lives in the same village and I will use again.

Sounds right for tile, 15k is a months salary around here and could get days work for that amount.

Seems like the gullible are getting played on labor prices.

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

No your wrong and so living in the stick labour has an advantage I quoted recent price 2018, so you guys in the rip off smoke cities pay more I understand that.

In my area in 2018 I was surprised some tradesmen do it for just 70 baht/sqm for labor. They still use mortar beds here. Almost have to as uneven as slabs tend to be. My observation is tiles tend to sit good and flat but their grout jobs could use some work.

Have just had a house tiled in Chiang Mai.
Good job - family run business. They have all the tools including laser measuring.
Good job - not perfect - but better than many others.
They charge 120 Baht /m2 for floor and walls and up to 200 Baht for more komplex work like staircases e.g.
They also did stone work and concrete kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Sounds like 200 per Sqm is about right. But does that include all the materials minus tiles?

I was quoted 200 for materials (minus tiles) and 200 for labor per Sqm!

Including the tiles and depending on the tile price, Id be looking at totally around 700 up to 1000 or 1500 per sqm all-in!

53 minutes ago, JakeR said:

Sounds like 200 per Sqm is about right. But does that include all the materials minus tiles?

Including the tiles and depending on the tile price, Id be looking at totally around 700 up to 1000 or 1500 per sqm all-in!

U buy the tiles as the prices range from cheapo $1 tiles to fancy asssed $10 glazed Italian jizz patterns.  

On 3/1/2019 at 7:36 PM, livram said:

so a 1,000 baht per day each, or 750 baht each if counting as 2 days work

5 hours ago, JakeR said:

about 200 baht sq metre excluding all materials

On 3/1/2019 at 6:24 PM, eyecatcher said:

No, he's right.

Depends where you live.
Cities is always more than towns & villages.

I live in Nakon Nowhere, last year got a new car port tiled, large area, superb work, 70 Baht per square metre.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

200-250 baht per sq m round here and they would not get any work.

Why do they quote 'per sq metre'? Surely it should be per hour. It takes just as long to lay four 6 x 6 tiles as it does to lay four 50 x 50 tiles.

A bit like carpet laying where they also quote per sq metre, when really they only 'fit' the outside lengths, the middle area follows suit.

10 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Why do they quote 'per sq metre'? Surely it should be per hour. It takes just as long to lay four 6 x 6 tiles as it does to lay four 50 x 50 tiles.

A bit like carpet laying where they also quote per sq metre, when really they only 'fit' the outside lengths, the middle area follows suit.

Well Mr Danson working on a measure is the only way to differentiate between the pros and the cons, the speed merchants from drey horses.

I have done my time as a cost and and bonus surveyor and the biggest argument i had on salary day were from the slow ones, the slackers and the whingers. You see head down arse up on a measure gives you a good salary, turning up late, having extended tea breaks and goin home early and grnerally plodding  means they have to be loud, aggressive and accuse me of short measuring. It didnt wash, and guess who were the ones to be sacked first.

Pay by the hour...that was daywork and leaves yourself open to non production...

Never pay by the hour, unless its sex

Not sure where 200 baht for other stuff came from. Other stuff could be around 40 baht/m2 (30 baht mortar, 10 baht grout). I haven't seen anyone use t-locks, tile spacers or anything else like that though bags of these little plastic bits don't cost too much. In my area you could do labor 70 baht, other stuff 40 baht, then whatever the tiles cost. Prices vary a lot based on area and who you choose to do the work. Obviously if you go to homepro they are going to charge a huge amount more than a local builder would.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:52 AM, boonrawdcnx said:

Have just had a house tiled in Chiang Mai.
Good job - family run business. They have all the tools including laser measuring.
Good job - not perfect - but better than many others.
They charge 120 Baht /m2 for floor and walls and up to 200 Baht for more komplex work like staircases e.g.
They also did stone work and concrete kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Pm sent, would be good to get a contact.

• 3 months later...
On 3/1/2019 at 7:35 PM, JimmyTheMook said:

oH! those are the current Farang prices then ?

If it cost 200 to 250 per square meter it is farang price. If he is a good worker one who knows how to lay tiles straight and if he is honest his price will properly be about 125 to 150 for work only. 

Look at this way, how many square meter? what is his price? How many days will it take? 

A really good worker will charge about 1000 b. per day.

Wow there is no way I would go into business here even at the top Farang rates, I would be charging 125baht a tile here, so even paying 250baht per square is a bargain. 

I have seen some great jobs here and others piss poor, just remember you are paying someone who might not waterproof, might not cut straight, might lose his one and only toothpick used for spacing.

Just about to do my outdoor area, new slab, anyone have an idea on the best mud and grout brands? I have wondered around Global before but never taken too much notice around the tiling section.

Archived