BANGKOK 25 April 2019 03:51
4evermaat

Accident in Pak Nam Chumphon yesterday......

Posted (edited)

According to what I heard, it was two young Italians (one of them might have been a dual Thai national) who were on the motorcycle; crushed instantly.  Again, completely avoidable if the tanker just slowed down (and yield the right of way).

A local expat said he just passed by that intersection in route to Pak Nam Hospital, there was nothing on that part of the road.   Maybe 20-30 minutes later on the way back, a huge crowd surrounding a flipped over tanker. 

Edited by webfact
topic runs in TH news

31 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Again, completely avoidable if the tanker just slowed down (and yield the right of way)

you are asking a Thai driver to slow down, yield and give the right of way, 3 things they have to do at once....man,  they have a hard time doing the basic one, imagine 3

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Terrible.

On Thai roads the right of way is strongly determined by size and weight.

There is a "class/caste system" where below motorbike/scooters only bicycles, pedestrians and dogs are.

The video is just too short/limited view (also not in real time) to say whether >I< would have anticipated what might happen.

What stands out here: it is a fuel tanker for which you would expect a bit more brain equipped drivers.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I am bigger than you, therefore I have the right of way. Rule number one outside ANY civilized country, including Thailand. They should have know better.