Chiang Mai choking on Day 1 of burning ban

webfact

It is really pretty simple,    if the government wanted the fires out, they would be out. There are many fire fighting techniques available to them, from water dropping helicopters to fire retardant planes. These little local fires would be out pronto.

However there seems to be too much money to be made from the problems the people are causing, ie: I saw a dust mask which was selling for 129 baht each, WHAT !!!!!

16 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Setting fire to everything is only used to get rid of stuff. It Doesn't enrich soil which is a myth it destroys it, turns it to salty clay or sand over time.

Sorry Dude, but you are wrong about the (facts) you are telling. I believe clay is made up of phosphorus and magnesium, and sand is finely ground silica. Neither of which are in the make up of plants in any significant amount.

Plants ashes are one of the best natural fertilizers you can use. It helps to control the pH level of the soil.

BUT, other than that I do agree with several of your points.

On 3/1/2019 at 4:33 PM, keith101 said:

Well basically their idiots

I often wonder how their brains work. I thought all nationalities generally think alike what I mean is the rational thinking like if Something is so obviously bad you don't do it but that is not the case in Thailand.

May be the education system is at fault. It used to be like that in China before the communist took over. The communist did a good job they stop the Chinese from believing in charms, black magic ,etc.,

When I talked about God with the mainland communist chinese they laughed. They don't believe in God they only believe in the US $ now.

On 3/11/2019 at 7:48 AM, cmsally said:

The pm levels this morning are ridiculous, they must have been running some kind of weekend burning activity.

Yeah, they are burning hard to stay in first place. Fxcking idiots!

18 minutes ago, madmen said:

I doubt that we will see burning banned, Taxis using meter or bikers with helmets in our life times. 

Agree. I think a Som Tam ban is more likely than the above.

Archived