X-Ray Outlaw: Almost 500 arrested in nationwide immigration crackdown

webfact

Almost 500 arrested in nationwide immigration crackdown

By Kittipong Maneerit 
The Nation

c3aac86b8e4f07528d8739386dc7fdbe.jpeg

More than 400 foreigners and 79 Thais, allegedly involved in immigration offences, were arrested on Thursday after raids across Thailand.

Immigration Police Bureau deputy chief Pol Maj-General Itthipol Itthisarnronnachai told a press conference in Bangkok on Friday that Thai authorities carried out simultaneous searches at 227 locations.

117c3eb1d481c45c09e5962c087889ff.jpeg

Of the 417 foreigners who were arrested - mostly from Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia - 248 were charged with "illegal entry to Thailand", while 16 others from Cambodia, Laos and India were charged with "overstaying visa". Another 153 were charged with violating the Royal Decree on the Management of Migrant Employment or other related immigration related charges.

Some 79 Thais, who allegedly harbored the undocumented foreigners or failed to notify authorities about the foreigners staying on their premises within 24 hours, were also arrested, he said.

This was the 45th immigration crackdown, bringing the total number of locations searched to more than 6,000 nationwide, where a total of 7,910 offenders were arrested.

Meanwhile, immigration police and related officials arrested four Chinese men on Thursday who allegedly worked at an oilfield service company in tambon Bo Rang of Phetchabun's Wichien Buri district without work permits. 

The four Chinese nationals were identified as Jiang Yongbao, 45, Wang Kupeng, 35, Gao Liming, 30, and Gao Zhidong, 36.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30365026

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-01

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Yeh, but we have to remember it's still impressive numbers considering they have to jump on a plane or boat to get here, unlike the Cambos or Burmese.

As the article states there were another 153 arrested whos' nationality was not specified. I'd be willing to put money on a few of them being Indian as well. 

There's a fair spread of nationalities rounded up, so don't feel your lot are being singled out unfairly.

Maybe he tried to blow his own whistle but just couldn't reach.  :cheesy:

Isn't this a rerun? Wasn't that exact same picture used, the exact number of arrests 500, and I thought Big Joke said he already got them all? This uncertainty is burdensome, they're shaking the foundation of my faith in the news and the BiB.

Silly me thought Big J the "overstay slayer and infidel evictor"  had said he had already caught all the overstayers

Surely this is mistake as otherwise it would infer the most honest , honourable man in Thailand, apart from "Prayuth the even more honourable and brave," is a lying toad!

17 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I was visited at my house by 3 truck loads and being checked out. 

That sort makes you feel real welcome. Did one of them keep clinging the leg chains in front of you while the other tried to get you to confess?

20 hours ago, webfact said:

mostly from Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia - 248 were charged with "illegal entry to Thailand"

I wonder how they get into Thailand... must have some help at the borders?

Still a lucrative pastime for Thais smuggling in slave labour!

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Some 79 Thais, who allegedly harbored the undocumented foreigners or failed to notify authorities about the foreigners staying on their premises within 24 hours, were also arrested, he said.

Gone from a fine to an arrestable offence?

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

That sort makes you feel real welcome. Did one of them keep clinging the leg chains in front of you while the other tried to get you to confess?

???? ????  doesn't bother me knew 2 of them, there just doing what they were told to do, check on all fralangie in Sukhothai had trainees with them.  Can't blame them blame all the scrumbags in Thailand that cause trouble. 

Why is it they always seem to go after the illegals from neighbouring countries?

What about those from the African countries. and even some Westerners. Although they may get some

Africans and Westerners occasionally, they seem to concentrate mainly on the Burmese and Cambodians.

Archived