Quality Sala Pattaya

Changbeer4me

HI,

I Did a search on TV and most are very old threads, mobile no longer connected and business long gone.

So looking for any up to date information on location for good quality Sala.

Been to the one on Pattaya -Rayong Highway timber not good quality and finish was not good.

Asking price was 36,000 baht.

Regards

Changbeer4me

IMG_7153.JPG

IMG_7156.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG

IMG_7158.JPG

IMG_7160.JPG

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Pokey, impractical, uncomfortable collectors of dust, garbage, cobwebs and birdshit.

...and the gardeners lunch leftovers.

On the other hand, these ones are much more practical IMHO. And cheaper too.

gaz1.jpg.e60485d3281e14144d59b55e7b4a7f49.jpg

gaz2.jpg.77b514cdbcf7c4a09b696e9a171adba2.jpg

Yeah agree it's more for look than anything most likey will not get used that much.  And I'd perfer decking I can strecht out or a hammock read a book read , relax.  but Mrs wants one these sala's

we looked at the bamboo huts with seating (see attached photo)

They were asking 3,000b for these.

Regards

Changbeer4me

image.jpeg

I’ve just built my own ( except for the welding and the roof tiles ).
Just need to fit a ceiling fan, paint the cement on roof and fit some shade arrangement for the backside.

IMG_0789.JPG

A very self satisfying project if you feel up to it, you can design it to fit your needs.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I’ve just built my own ( except for the welding and the roof tiles ).
Just need to fit a ceiling fan, paint the cement on roof and fit some shade arrangement for the backside.

IMG_0789.JPG

A very self satisfying project if you feel up to it, you can design it to fit your needs.

Thanks Andrew,

I'll run past the Mrs see what she says, but knowing her she want her way.

I like it, great work.

what was the cost if you don't mind me asking..?

Regards

Changbeer4me

Thanks Andrew,

I like it, great work.

Regards

Changbeer4me

Thanks.

As for the cost, I did it steadily over a few months so don’t remember exactly and am not in LOS right now so don’t have access to the receipts,but:

Concrete - 1.5 cube - 2600 baht
Floor Tiles - 13 m3 @ 154 - 2000 baht
Sand/cement, tile adhesive, grout etc - 800 baht
Aluminium edging 8 x 2m - 1500 baht
Roof tiles - 4000 baht
Steel probably around - 5000/6000 baht
Sundries, conwood fascia, screws and steel for roof tiles, labour for welding and roof fitting, paint and primer. - 4000 baht

All these figures are rough, so probably 20/25k.

It was something I wanted to do myself, irrespective of the cost, and I was disappointed when my welding prowess was lacking and had to call someone in but it was needed. His experience of the steel structure needed to support the roof was invaluable also.

Originally I was going to fit a brown corrugated steel sheet roof ( with silver insulation ) but later decided to go with the same roof tiles as the house and am pleased with the results.

I have another 80 m3 of the same floor tiles to fit round the house but am going to pay someone !
The sala was easy enough as I made it 7 x 7 tiles and half a tile round the outside but I’m not up to the job of the garage area and walkways around the house..... no way !!

4 hours ago, Changbeer4me said:

Thanks Andrew,

I like it, great work.

Regards

Changbeer4me

WE know how that goes mate. I will bet she sits in it 2 or 3 times in the first week, a couple of times the following month, then never and it gets taken over by the wildlife and rubbish. They are more ornamental than practical but then again, so are plastic flamingos.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

WE know how that goes mate. I will bet she sits in it 2 or 3 times in the first week, a couple of times the following month, then never and it gets taken over by the wildlife and rubbish. They are more ornamental than practical but then again, so are plastic flamingos.

Good luck!

Totally agree, waste of money.

7 hours ago, Changbeer4me said:

Yeah agree it's more for look than anything most likey will not get used that much.  And I'd perfer decking I can strecht out or a hammock read a book read , relax.  but Mrs wants one these sala's

Regards

Changbeer4me

image.jpeg

That's about the right price. Mrs NL had 6 of those for 'private dining' at her restaurant a few years back. I rigged them with power, oscillating fans and mood lighting. They were a big hit with younger couples on dates. We also had a couple of the flat platform type (see post #3) for larger groups and family dining but they weren't so popular. The rest of the hoi poloi preferred dining at the bigger tables in the main building so I slung a hammock between the two 'flatbeds' in the afternoons while Mrs NL and her sister used to kip in them between lunch and dinner crowds. It was real nice.

12 hours ago, Changbeer4me said:

Regards

Changbeer4me

image.jpeg

hello, where is the shop for 3000 thb ? thanks.

3 hours ago, myshem said:

hello, where is the shop for 3000 thb ? thanks.

Hi Myshem,

A friend of ours brought 20 of and bargained the price down for a Fish Farm ridged up with mood lighting but no fan Nanlaew.

The Mrs is away visiting a Wat but when she gets back I'll try find the name of the Company get back to you Myshem.

Nanlaew Man your clairvoyant and how you know we got plastic birds ????????????

Changbeer4me

image.jpeg

14 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thanks.

As for the cost, I did it steadily over a few months so don’t remember exactly and am not in LOS right now so don’t have access to the receipts,but:

Concrete - 1.5 cube - 2600 baht
Floor Tiles - 13 m3 @ 154 - 2000 baht
Sand/cement, tile adhesive, grout etc - 800 baht
Aluminium edging 8 x 2m - 1500 baht
Roof tiles - 4000 baht
Steel probably around - 5000/6000 baht
Sundries, conwood fascia, screws and steel for roof tiles, labour for welding and roof fitting, paint and primer. - 4000 baht

All these figures are rough, so probably 20/25k.

It was something I wanted to do myself, irrespective of the cost, and I was disappointed when my welding prowess was lacking and had to call someone in but it was needed. His experience of the steel structure needed to support the roof was invaluable also.

Originally I was going to fit a brown corrugated steel sheet roof ( with silver insulation ) but later decided to go with the same roof tiles as the house and am pleased with the results.

I have another 80 m3 of the same floor tiles to fit round the house but am going to pay someone !
The sala was easy enough as I made it 7 x 7 tiles and half a tile round the outside but I’m not up to the job of the garage area and walkways around the house..... no way !!

Thanks for the cost Andrew.

You were right to call in someone with a better skill set for the job.

But for somethings yiu have to bite the bullet, nothing worst than outlaying money and end up with a ball up , shitty job.

There is a certain satisfaction of doing projects yourself.

Great results so far Andrew , good luck with the rest you'll have many years of enjoyment I'm sure.

Regards

Changbeer4me

Archived