BANGKOK 22 April 2019 05:22
Farang two dot zero

Termite invasion !!!

we have house near Chaing Rai - unfinished when bought with the land and I decided to renovate it so we could live in it until new house built !  Found that termites had invaded all the woodwork and even the tree roots on the land (trees were dying)

Seems that you need to dig a trench all around the house about 1 metre deep and fill it / soak it with Chaindrite !  When the termites pass through this they take the poison back to the nest with them and this kills off the rest .   Also do this around infested trees .   Seems to work although have to repeat at possible 2/3 yr intervals depending on infestation .  Remove all wooden doors/windows etc and replace with pvc or aluminium . It has been said that termites even eat concrete !!!    Best of luck .

20160111_141606.jpg

20160111_141722.jpg

20160410_150109.jpg

A little off topic but try telling a Thai that termites are not ants. They're absolutely everywhere world wide and the repair/extermination bill runs in to billions of dollars. As for using a professional in Thailand the word oxymoron springs to mind.😎

• Haha 1

Dont know where you are located but we are using a service called Termite Tech based in Pattaya.  They use a chemical that only has to be applied once a year.  No smell and safe for pets.  We used another service last year.  Had to come monthly and we had to leave the house.l  Did not do any good.  They did not get rid of the termites.  Termite Tech gives you a one year guarantee and includes quarterly inspections. https://termitetech.co.th/

28 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Dont know where you are located but we are using a service called Termite Tech based in Pattaya.  They use a chemical that only has to be applied once a year.  No smell and safe for pets.  We used another service last year.  Had to come monthly and we had to leave the house.l  Did not do any good.  They did not get rid of the termites.  Termite Tech gives you a one year guarantee and includes quarterly inspections. https://termitetech.co.th/

Yes I can recommend Chris as well. As to the OP location, as this is posted in the Issan forum, I suspected he is based up there lol

On 3/1/2019 at 10:05 PM, Farang two dot zero said:

I just read this old thread too 

Well this is what i know about the process for your termites, we must to have to go through a serious pest control company that does not just spray. For termites, it is useless because the nests are often in the foundations. The company makes holes with a big, angled perforator and injects product into the top of the walls and from the bottom of the walls into the foundations. Someone can confirm this ?

By the way this company look interesting https://www.rentokil.co.th

During the big flood a few years ago, my mooban in Bangkok was not flooded. Good. I thought. Maybe all was not well. Seems the underground termites just migrated to avoid the flooded underground and took refuge at my house. I got termites invasion but others got worse. Roaches and rats ! Anyway I got rentokil to come exterminate the termites. Cost me around tbaht 45,000 where they drilled 18 long holes and sprayed chemicals into them. Problem solved and expensive lesson well learned . Signed on an annual package whereby they inspect your premise regularly. 

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

A little off topic but try telling a Thai that termites are not ants

They are also known as White Ants in Australia

We had termites appear a year after we moved in to our house in Hat Yai. When we had the shophouse unit refurbished they discovered a termite nest in the utilities shaft, which they dug out. Obviously that didn't get them all because we suddenly found a couple of galleries appear crossing the walls and disappearing through a plug socket.

We used a company called Advance Services and they did two things. One drill holes through the floors and around the property and pump some barrier chemical down into the ground. Two install feeding stations next to the galleries with a bait called Requiem (excellent name), this contains some sort of wood like material the termites think is wonderful, plus a very low dose cumulative poison. The bait is harmless until after a couple of months the poison level reaches a critical point in the colony and the termites start to die. Eventually they stop coming to the feeding station, and that's when it's all over. Took about three months to kill the colony. Back in 2008 they charged Bht14,000 to eliminate the termites and monitor for the year.

14 hours ago, OmarZaid said:

Professionals --- you gotta kill the Queen and they know how to find her

Sounds like “Aliens” movie, getting really exciting !!!

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 9:05 PM, Farang two dot zero said:

Well this is what i know about the process for your termites, we must to have to go through a serious pest control company that does not just spray. For termites, it is useless because the nests are often in the foundations. The company makes holes with a big, angled perforator and injects product into the top of the walls and from the bottom of the walls into the foundations. Someone can confirm this ?

If you start to build there is a product or similar call termi mesh. Stops the termites at the foundation.

Coating all wood products not exposed in any wood dipped or painted poison..

I suspect you are far beyond this. It will need lots of deep probes and lots of poison to control.

The above post about "rentokil" is an Aussie base company with a good name for eradication with less toxic poisons.

Good luck.

Just for info you can often see the wood channel that termites create on the outside of a building. On concrete, plaster board or what ever if it leads them to wood.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:05 PM, Farang two dot zero said:

I am facing the same issue in chumphon. We tried spraying but as another poster said. Need to have company do it and they will drill holes and inject poison into the walls and foundation. Cost was not so sever though as suggested. I have 5 bedroom 2 story home and cost was a meager 7000 baht. Plus the come bi-monthly to check and spray more if needed. Best to have a thai searching online or have them talk to friends and coworkers to find a reliable company. 

Good luck

Screenshot_20190224-102210.jpg

Posted (edited)

I read your comments and I must say that I'm scared !!!

Rentokil has made us a phone quote of 45,000 indeed they are based in Korat. Would you have one or two serious companies on Buriram to recommend to me I find this Rentokil price shocking while some companies do it for 7,000 bath !!!

Edited by Farang two dot zero

All the off topic stuff about dolphins whales and orcas has been removed as it was hijacking the topic

I am still looking for a company that would be able to perform a deep treatment and not just spray at a reasonable price on Buriram if one of you can advise me ?