2 years today smoke free

I would just like to report that today I am 2 years smoke free, I hope the rest of you are doing as well as me, and I wish you every success - I still like a few beers, although that is a different story ???????? Good luck one and all, you can do it ????

Great, an older guy I knew here smoked like a chimney...died of cancer and it was hell at the end.

Spent a fortune on surgery 2 times then gave up on that.

Could not walk, then could not see, then could not talk....opiod medicine till the end...

Well Done, GT!

It is truly a remarkable achievement. To give a wee bit of perspective, I read a short time ago a quote from Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones that cigarettes were harder to kick than heroin, and he would know.

You are about 6 months ahead of me (1.5 years next month), so for all who are still smoking and don't think that you can quit, here are TWO long-term smokers who managed it.

And, if you are smoker looking for a good reason to stop (if you are reading this, then at least some part of you is thinking about it), I just did some 'back of the envelope' calculations. If I had continued smoking a year and a half ago, I would have spent a hair under 100,000 Baht for nothing.

A HUNDRED THOUSAND F**KING BAHT FOR NOTHING AT ALL.

Congrats again, GT, and may you remain forever six months ahead.

Cheers

Well done GT !! You are passed the worst for sure.
I’m probably 20 years stopped now and detest the things !!

When you are out with your mates having a few bevvy’s is the time to be on your guard. Anyone smoking in the group can influence you into “ having one for old times sake “ .
I started again after being stopped for 10 years !! , but soon realised I had made a foolish mistake and stopped again a month later.

Well done to achieve this milestone, aim for the next one, and the next one, and the next........

Your health will thank you [emoji4]

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Well Done, GT!

It is truly a remarkable achievement. To give a wee bit of perspective, I read a short time ago a quote from Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones that cigarettes were harder to kick than heroin, and he would know.

You are about 6 months ahead of me (1.5 years next month), so for all who are still smoking and don't think that you can quit, here are TWO long-term smokers who managed it.

And, if you are smoker looking for a good reason to stop (if you are reading this, then at least some part of you is thinking about it), I just did some 'back of the envelope' calculations. If I had continued smoking a year and a half ago, I would have spent a hair under 100,000 Baht for nothing.

A HUNDRED THOUSAND F**KING BAHT FOR NOTHING AT ALL.

Congrats again, GT, and may you remain forever six months ahead.

Cheers

Thanks SB, I vow to stay 6 months ahead of you in at least one thing ????????

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well done GT !! You are passed the worst for sure.
I’m probably 20 years stopped now and detest the things !!

When you are out with your mates having a few bevvy’s is the time to be on your guard. Anyone smoking in the group can influence you into “ having one for old times sake “ .
I started again after being stopped for 10 years !! , but soon realised I had made a foolish mistake and stopped again a month later.

Well done to achieve this milestone, aim for the next one, and the next one, and the next........

Your health will thank you emoji4.png

Thanks Andrew, I did the same as you believe it or not while visiting a mate here many years ago, now when I go to my local and I have many of my friends around me smoking I have absolutely no compulsion to start again, but I have to say it doesn't bother me, I say live and let live, up to them as the Thais would say ????

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

Great, an older guy I knew here smoked like a chimney...died of cancer and it was hell at the end.

Spent a fortune on surgery 2 times then gave up on that.

Could not walk, then could not see, then could not talk....opiod medicine till the end...

A very sad tale, I knew I gave up for a reason and your story is one of them, sorry about your friend.

• 2 months later...

Archived