Cost of building materials in CM? And best place to find?

banagan

Can some DIY folk in the know give me a ball park price for the following materials cost, for a 57sqm, 1 bed condo, 

Interior paint, mostly white, 2 walls dark navy/gray

1 window, 2.2 x 1.2 meter

2 x window 1.6 x 1.2 m

2 x window 1.7 x 1.2 m

2 x regular, decent quality, wood doors

1 x wooden sliding door, for walk in closet

1 x glass sliding door for bathroom

Inexpensive tiles for bathroom, 2.5sqm, floor and walls

Tiles for kitchen floor, 8sqm

Thai style, concrete kitchen counter, 2.7 x .6m and another counter, 1.6 x .7m, either concrete finish, or tiles.

New ceiling

Built in ceiling lights

I was in bann and beyond, and have a good handle on bathroom and kitchen fittings and flooring. 

I'm having a condo renovated, so would appreciate a ball park cost of the other materials. 

Thanks.

I was quoted 6500 for a custom window in aluminum frame...66 x 110.  They are decades behind the West on Windows...never heard of Low E....and no double pane gas filled.  Puerto Rican style tinting is 2000 extra.  This was a place in BKK...and even that was difficult....would be quick and easy..measure in the morning, install in afternoon.

I am doing ceiling tiles..you can get them with radiant barrier built in...a lot easier than cleaning the old ones...there can be a kilo or more of cancer like dust up there.....280 for box of 10, 60x60.

Tile on old tile is popular, but I have some reservations about that.

really you need to go shopping around to get a feel for prices and quality, then you can start putting your budget together.

so for example;

painting for 160m2x 2coats (walls and ceiling) about 11 gallons say 300bt/gallon=3300bt

windows if aluminium say 2k/m2

internal doors, I often budget an absolute max of 5k, knowing that price will cover for hinges, locks and painting or stain

cheap floor and wall tiles can be had for 200bt-300bt/m2, but they are thin, budget for 500bt/m2 incl adhesive

LED ceiling spots are getting cheaper, 3w,4w very bright can be pcked up for 300bt each and sometimes less

kitchen counter work is cheap if you know what you are doing, built from bricks or blocks with concrete but you are not a diy er so that's a job for the labour who will fleece you for 10k when diy will cost you 2k

1 hour ago, moontang said:

I was quoted 6500 for a custom window in aluminum frame...66 x 110.  They are decades behind the West on Windows...never heard of Low E....and no double pane gas filled. 

Low E is readily available here in several tints, I have green tinted glass and costs just 20bt/ft whereas standard clear may cost 12bt/ft2

25 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

really you need to go shopping around to get a feel for prices and quality, then you can start putting your budget together.

so for example;

painting for 160m2x 2coats (walls and ceiling) about 11 gallons say 300bt/gallon=3300bt

windows if aluminium say 2k/m2

internal doors, I often budget an absolute max of 5k, knowing that price will cover for hinges, locks and painting or stain

cheap floor and wall tiles can be had for 200bt-300bt/m2, but they are thin, budget for 500bt/m2 incl adhesive

LED ceiling spots are getting cheaper, 3w,4w very bright can be pcked up for 300bt each and sometimes less

kitchen counter work is cheap if you know what you are doing, built from bricks or blocks with concrete but you are not a diy er so that's a job for the labour who will fleece you for 10k when diy will cost you 2k

Thanks! Thats the kind of feedback I need. I'm meeting 3 different contractors, there were just some things I wasn't sure about the price.

I already got a quote back from another guy, way overpriced, a friend was able to point out the overcharges, he's had work done in the past.

Would you know what the cost of labor would be? Do you mind if I send you a 3D mock up of my plan?

1 hour ago, banagan said:

Thanks! Thats the kind of feedback I need. I'm meeting 3 different contractors, there were just some things I wasn't sure about the price.

I already got a quote back from another guy, way overpriced, a friend was able to point out the overcharges, he's had work done in the past.

Would you know what the cost of labor would be? Do you mind if I send you a 3D mock up of my plan?

You are aswell heading over to the diy housing forum for stuff like this.

we are discussing tiling rates presently.

This forum is for discussing pizzas, the smog and where to catch a songthaew, 

Archived