Any advice about ED Visa. Appointment System Vientiane FULLY Booked

Hello. 
My visa finish 14 march. So I plan go Vientiane and today I want book slot in embassy website - BUT ALL Booked untill number 19! How it possible ? This Tour company do?
So now I thinking go to Savvanaket for ED Visa. Here same in Vientiane ?  Dont need more documents or something like this ? Or better try to go tour company and ask about booking in Vientiane?

11 minutes ago, BestB said:

It’s not fully booked indefinitely , just for 1-2 weeks ahead . Though I found Friday’s are always available but then you have to sit it out to Monday .

Fly to Penang, easy and fast

Actually I want go Friday because plan spend few days in Laos. But Friday also booked! Any hope maybe someone canceled some slots on Friday?

Dont want fly. Because worry about when I go back by air can have problem with IO. Many story already about refuse.

Who get ED VISA in Savvanakhet ? Maybe some advice

Edited by undholly

6 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

There is an issue there with people booking all the slots and then attempting to sell those slots on. The system is being changed over the next couple of weeks so as this cannot happen again in the future.
You will need to use somewhere else until it gets sorted out.

Quite amazing that they failed to foresee that potential problem. When I make an appointment with my home country's embassy (to apply for a new passport), the appointment is tied to my personal details and I couldn't sell my slot even if I wanted to. Hardly rocket science.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Quite amazing that they failed to foresee that potential problem. When I make an appointment with my home country's embassy (to apply for a new passport), the appointment is tied to my personal details and I couldn't sell my slot even if I wanted to. Hardly rocket science.

Agreed and we could see it coming. The system will be changed from 23rd March. You will fill in your details as of now BUT you will need a personal E mail address. After filing your details, you will then receive a PIN code to that personal mail address. You will need this PIN code before you can actually get too the part of the system that allows you to make booking appointments. You go back in to the system and make the booking. You will then need to print or screenshot the details which will contain your personal details. That will make the booking unique to you. Without this, you will not be able to even enter there.

Edited by Lovethailandelite
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Agreed and we could see it coming. The system will be changed from 23rd March. You will fill in your details as of now BUT you will need a personal E mail address. After filing your details, you will then receive a PIN code to that personal mail address. You will need this PIN code before you can actually get too the part of the system that allows you to make booking appointments. You go back in to the system and make the booking. You will then need to print or screenshot the details which will contain your personal details. That will make the booking unique to you. Without this, you will not be able to even enter there.

I don't get it, what's wrong with my embassy's much simpler system? You make an appointment and enter your personal details. If anyone else shows up, presenting their passport but an appointment under my name, they are being sent away. Easy, no need for two steps!

Assuming that it's developed by the same incompetent company that screwed it up the first time around, what are the chances that those PIN code emails will reliably reach their recipients?

Edited by Caldera
Addition
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

That's the same procedure now used at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane. 

644976290_laos2.jpg.0146029213b86552eec2

7 hours ago, SEtonal said:

That's the same procedure now used at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane. 

644976290_laos2.jpg.0146029213b86552eec2

Looks to me like no one could book an appt for someone else under the current system - unless embassy personnel are allowing swaps for some reason ????, or it doesn't really work as described in that screenshot.

Part of problem is the Holiday on 8th March . BTW Embassy show fully booked on 11th and 12th, but in fact they close down due as Thai people will do voting on these two days and the Consular Staff is not free. They also change some procedure in system and you can see from 20th March onwards you can have slots available. I pointed out on my website that the number of actual Applicants are much higher that their allowance, hence you see that rush in booking.....TIT. 

On 3/2/2019 at 12:34 AM, undholly said:

Actually I want go Friday because plan spend few days in Laos. But Friday also booked! Any hope maybe someone canceled some slots on Friday?

Dont want fly. Because worry about when I go back by air can have problem with IO. Many story already about refuse.

Who get ED VISA in Savvanakhet ? Maybe some advice

FRIDAY 8th March is holiday and not open for booking at all. Please get the facts right.

March 8th..png

Edited by visarunner
personal data

• 3 weeks later...