Thai lady / girlfriend, is she? maybe?

Jack19290

You asked her to get a passport to come visit you. Did you offer to pay her airfare?

Do you realise she may not be allowed into the UK unless she gets a visa and she may not get a visa given her work? She certainly shouldn't just get on a plane hoping for admittance to the UK.

Either she is playing the long con, or she is madly in love with you- up to you?

BTW, she is from Issan and works in a bar- how do you think she earns money to give her parents as well as live, if she is with you and you are not giving her any money?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jack19290 said:

She has only been with 2 guys in 23 days before me = 3 in total. She said she needed the money urgently and they paid her 6,000 baht for the night. She didn't want to talk about it, I think it upset her. True/Fake or not?

I find it hard to believe that bargirls are getting that much- DDG gogo dancers maybe.

If she is really upset about it she is in the wrong job. There's not much money in tips and lady drinks.

Well, first of all, do you really think she will be able to get a visa to visit the UK? I doubt it. For a visa to visit the US, a Thai national needs to have 20 million baht in the bank. Cash money. And assets. They do not issue tourist visas for anyone from the third world, unless they are wealthy, or are on a group tour.

Second, whenever a bar girl tells you how many men she has slept with, it is untrue. She is not innocent. It is Bangla Road! Frankly, I think you can do much better. It is an incredible impediment to be with a woman who has no English skills. 

Lastly, I guess I have a higher threshold, before I start using the term girlfriend. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Second, whenever a bar girl tells you how many men she has slept with, it is untrue. She is not innocent. It is Bangla Road! Frankly, I think you can do much better. It is an incredible impediment to be with a woman who has no English skills. 

I met a lady on Bangla Road, in her 40's and had never been with a farang. She was telling the truth.

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, first of all, do you really think she will be able to get a visa to visit the UK? I doubt it. For a visa to visit the US, a Thai national needs to have 20 million baht in the bank. Cash money. And assets. They do not issue tourist visas for anyone from the third world, unless they are wealthy, or are on a group tour.

Easy there Mike, it's only the OP's third rodeo as well... allegedly.

You seem to be a very nice person. From my perspective, not every girl working in a bar is bad. Some just want money from the easiest way. Some are in need. Sometimes, you don't have many choices in live.

The girl you are talking about sounds like an ok one - if her story is true. That needs to be proved.

She may or may not ask for money later. Most poor, uneducated Thai girls think all Farangs are rich.

How about you try asking her to change a job and see how she reacts?

One more way I think will work is that you tell her you get fired and broke, and see her response.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Did you marry her then?

Tell the truth now.

Nope, I was already double married. Really liked her though. If I had been single it would have been on the cards. Spent a couple of nights with her. Clues that she was telling the truth: clueless in bed, full bush, no BJ and terrified of my meat and 2 veg. Also came across as a really sincere woman. Had a tragic back story (not uncommon) but backed it up with photos.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I am told, that for about 20,000 baht, one is able to get a deep background check, performed by a detective in Bangkok. Probably worth every baht, if she is someone you are serious enough about, to fly her back to the UK. Though I seriously doubt she will be able to get a visa. 

3 minutes ago, iahtml said:

How about you try asking her to change a job and see how she reacts?

One more way I think will work is that you tell her you get fired and broke, and see her response.

He'd have to back that up with an offer of sponsorship, which he's unwilling to do and probably isn't a good idea anyway.

9 hours ago, madmen said:

you really want a relationship with a prostitute? lying is there business, its how they juggle 10 boyfriends at once.

Your way out of your depth. Find a nice girl that doesn't suck D^^^k for a living is a good start. 

come on man, love is blind 555

8 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Depends. Some folks would be delighted if their boy settled down with a female. ????

Reminded me of that young fat bloke from the UK that got "married" to his Thai boyfriend ... bought him a house, million baht sin sod ... one of the most commented on articles that I can remember ... I wonder if they are still going strong? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

He'd have to back that up with an offer of sponsorship, which he's unwilling to do and probably isn't a good idea anyway.

I mean without him paying anything. Just ask to see how the girl responds. Her response may give out some clues about what she really is.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I am told, that for about 20,000 baht, one is able to get a deep background check, performed by a detective in Bangkok. Probably worth every baht, if she is someone you are serious enough about, to fly her back to the UK. Though I seriously doubt she will be able to get a visa. 

I am told for less than 20,000 baht, one can qualify for a 1-year extension of stay without having a brass razoo.

Just posted that for perspective and/or comparison purposes you understand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I find it hard to believe that bargirls are getting that much- DDG gogo dancers maybe.

If she is really upset about it she is in the wrong job. There's not much money in tips and lady drinks.

Many stupid males visit Thailand.