Chiang Mai electricity bill

Mekong Bob

recently opened K-Plus feature at K-Bank, hoping I could pay my bills (phone, Internet Service Provider, electricity, et al.) online.

It's working nicely for me with all except electricity (Provincial Electricity Authority/PEA).

Anybody have a way to pay such bills online?

Thanks.

I scanned the barcode of my February PEA bill in the K Plus app and paid it.  Very simple. Just use the scan function on the main screen

You can also pay it online through Line Pay.  The benefit of doing it through Line Pay is that it remembers your account details, so you can actually do it without the copy of the bill - for example if you are overseas when the bill is due.

There are at least 3 apps you can use now to pay the bill. One was mentioned above, another is the same app 7 Eleven uses - I can't recall the name but google should find it. It's not in Play Store, but can be downloaded from the website. Many bills can be paid using this app. not available to pay elsewhere. And there is a 3rd I saw mentioned recently.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Works fine for me since months, paying through Bangkok Bank internet banking. No fee.

Also it should (not actually tried it) work overseas without needing the actual bill as it knows about your bill soon after the meter is read.

I often pay the bill before madam actually gives it to me :whistling:

8 hours ago, thomo1978 said:

I scanned the barcode of my February PEA bill in the K Plus app and paid it.  Very simple. Just use the scan function on the main screen

You can also pay it online through Line Pay.  The benefit of doing it through Line Pay is that it remembers your account details, so you can actually do it without the copy of the bill - for example if you are overseas when the bill is due.

Is there a service charge for using Line Pay?

If there is, then why not use monthly auto-deduct from bank ?

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Works fine for me since months, paying through Bangkok Bank internet banking. No fee.

I did ask Bangkok Bank staff and they said I can't pay electricity through internet banking. 

You mean there's absolutely zero fees?

Can you teach me how?

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Can you teach me how?

There are two (:smile:) detailed threads from August 2018.

The only "hurdle" is the "ID no." that you to enter for registration at the app.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1053247-pea-app

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1054071-pay-your-pea-electric-via-app/

Both threads are "developing stories".

Short version (as good as I remember):

Download/install app.

Register your name and ID no. (can be different from meter "owner")

Register your meter, either by scanning the QR code from old bill or enter manually.

"Amount due" will automatically appear after every meter reading when  opening the app (maybe a day later).

Select "Pay", "Internet Banking", "Bangkok Bank".

You will then be directed to the login of Bangkok Bank.

Data will be filled automatically and you just confirm.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I did ask Bangkok Bank staff and they said I can't pay electricity through internet banking. 

You mean there's absolutely zero fees?

Can you teach me how?

Would you believe a Thai bank?

My internet provider doesn't have an e payment system, but instead of paying 711 15 THB to process, I use the BBL Mobile APP, and it allows my tablet to scan the QR code....I had auto debit with PEA, but it is just another thing to deal with, when you move.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

There are two (:smile:) detailed threads from August 2018.

The only "hurdle" is the "ID no." that you to enter for registration at the app.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1053247-pea-app

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1054071-pay-your-pea-electric-via-app/

Both threads are "developing stories".

Short version (as good as I remember):

Download/install app.

Register your name and ID no. (can be different from meter "owner")

Register your meter, either by scanning the QR code from old bill or enter manually.

"Amount due" will automatically appear after every meter reading when  opening the app (maybe a day later).

Select "Pay", "Internet Banking", "Bangkok Bank".

You will then be directed to the login of Bangkok Bank.

Data will be filled automatically and you just confirm.

I just install it on my phone but i prefer my windows laptop, does it run on Windows 10?

What the... It's asking for a Thai national ID. LOL. What do I put there?

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

I just install it on my phone but i prefer my windows laptop, does it run on Windows 10?

No.

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

If you have no Thai person/friend in the household, you can try an arbitrary sequence of 13 digits.

If this gives an error message: come back to the thread.

16 hours ago, EricTh said:

That is why you need to go to Siam Commercial Bank to get good service.

14 hours ago, EricTh said:

I just give the number that the Immigration Officer tatooed onto my left wrist.  Works every time.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No.

If you have no Thai person/friend in the household, you can try an arbitrary sequence of 13 digits.

The national ID consists of 12 digits, plus a check digit that helps prevent input errors. The 12 digits are each multiplied by a fixed constant number, and summed, together with the check digit. Reject if the sum does not end in zero. Thus there is one and only one possibility for the check digit in a valid ID. Make up a 12 digit number, and the little Windows program in the zip download noted above tells you the check digit, saving you brute force trying all 10 possibilities. The PEA app may check with the government to see if a valid ID is registered to an actual Thai citizen, and PEA may check if the ID is already registered in use with them. If you find the national ID of a 7 year old Thai child, chances are you can impersonate the child with PEA for 11 or more years (until the child buys a residence with an electric meter, and complains). Once you register an ID + phone number + e-mail credential with PEA, you can add multiple meters to it: I rent a condo in Phuket from a Thai who owns multiple condos in Phuket and Pattaya, and once I added my meter, it started showing me all his properties, with his nicknames for each condo -- I have to click the checkbox on my entry to see more information for my place. When I was trying to figure this out, a Thai friend added my meter, and the app now shows him his house and all my owner's condos on his cell phone. Got a bill printed on paper? You can add a meter by scanning the QR or bar codes on it. Or fill in the "CA/Ref. No.1" and "PEA No." input fields with the numbers under the words "(CA/Ref. No.1)" and "(PEA No.)", the third and first columns of the seventh line of the bill. I use the "Screenshot touch" app to capture the "Payment Successful" screen at the end, after SCB charges me 10 baht for the transaction. If you are determined to use your desktop machine, Google Translate https://th.pcmac.download/app/1063710354/pea-smart-plus tells you how to install a cell phone emulator and load the Android or iOS app into it. Disclaimer: things may be slightly different in your province, and I have no idea about MEA in BKK.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:06 PM, EricTh said:

Is there a service charge for using Line Pay?

If there is, then why not use monthly auto-deduct from bank ?

10 baht.  How easy is it to set up/cancel auto deduct given I am renting and the bill is not in my name and I tend to move yearly?  Normally I just scan on K plus app and pay that way with no fee - Line Pay only good if overseas or away and will miss the deadline for paying the bill.

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No.

We can't simply key a  random number (due to check digit) or valid Thai ID number because other forummers in other threadd have commented we would be able to see their bills and they see ours.

I don't  know why SCB don't  have PEA provider in their SCB-Easy website.

Archived