Bus S1 Bangkok first bus in the morning to Suvarnabhumi Airport

Hi

Can anyone please tell me when the first S1 bus start from Sanamluang Bus Terminal going to Suvarnabhumi Airport? The information on Transit Bangkok web page is not really clear regarding this. I guess if I leave with first morning bus the traffic wouldn’t be to bad yet, or am I wrong in this? Any information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance

In short: dont bother. There is no real TERMInal at SL-they just stop for an odd minute to have their papers scribbled, then turn back-there are NO set time, but first bus from airport should be by 5 or 5.30-so it all depends on day/traffic how long to reach BLPhu. Jams on ex-way can be just as bad going to ap as coming from in morning am.

take taximeter to Phyathai (less as 80 bt-out of high peak), then ARL-from 5.30 now for early+dependable. Or the 120/130/150/180 bt prebooked VAN from BLPhu-that every placetostay sells. Expect mad drivers and possible holdup to ask for a more generous tip, IF you wont to reach ap on time.

Forget that T-bkk site-though its run by what seems to be a fellow-countrymen (svenska taler), its out of date, partly totally incorrect, incomplete and mostly a money spinner for apps etc-yes, I know no real svenskar can do without. But now there are at least 2 other apps that claim to do BMTA-moovit and ??

On 3/3/2019 at 8:59 AM, asanee said:

In short: dont bother. There is no real TERMInal at SL-they just stop for an odd minute to have their papers scribbled, then turn back-there are NO set time, but first bus from airport should be by 5 or 5.30-so it all depends on day/traffic how long to reach BLPhu. Jams on ex-way can be just as bad going to ap as coming from in morning am.

take taximeter to Phyathai (less as 80 bt-out of high peak), then ARL-from 5.30 now for early+dependable. Or the 120/130/150/180 bt prebooked VAN from BLPhu-that every placetostay sells. Expect mad drivers and possible holdup to ask for a more generous tip, IF you wont to reach ap on time.

Forget that T-bkk site-though its run by what seems to be a fellow-countrymen (svenska taler), its out of date, partly totally incorrect, incomplete and mostly a money spinner for apps etc-yes, I know no real svenskar can do without. But now there are at least 2 other apps that claim to do BMTA-moovit and ??

Hi

Thank you for your replay. ????

Didn’t know that the ARL started 5:30 now.

My plan was to get in the S1 near Democracy Monument (Suksapan). So the first S1 bus starts from the airport and I would have to wait for it to come on the return back if I would use this option?

I try to avoid the van when possible, for reasons you mentioned.

Do you think bus 59 to Phaya Thai or bus 183 to Ratchaprarop Station and the the ARL to the airport would be better than the S1?

The 59 seams to run 24h but I have no idea how often they will go during the night, anyone here who knows?

Yeah, I know. Take a cab. Nothing is worse than tourists clogging up the trains with giant roller bags as they try to save a nickel to get to the airport.

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah, I know. Take a cab. Nothing is worse than tourists clogging up the trains with giant roller bags as they try to save a nickel to get to the airport.

Thank you for your very helpful answer.

People with good knowledge about what they talk about who give genuine help to other here on TV is much appreciated.

But I do like some posts that make me laugh as well. And you do that from time to time.

1 minute ago, bokningar said:

It is helpful. Think of others.

Would you poop yourself on the BTS in rush hour whilst singing Ethel Merman show tunes? No?

Of course not! Why not, pray tell?

Because it would be rude to others. And you are not a rude person, are you?

So why would you want to be like a two bit Chinese tourist or a repulsive, entitled, dreadlocked backpacker and haul enough luggage for a five year journey to Mars through a packed train, when you can shell out $12...yes $12 (a whole $12....4 pair of Elephant pants) or so for a ride to the Airport?

12 minutes ago, bokningar said:

People with good knowledge about what they talk about who give genuine help to other here on TV is much appreciated.

But I do like some posts that make me laugh as well. And you do that from time to time.

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

It is helpful. Think of others.

Would you poop yourself on the BTS in rush hour whilst singing Ethel Merman show tunes? No?

Of course not! Why not, pray tell?

Because it would be rude to others. And you are not a rude person, are you?

So why would you want to be like a two bit Chinese tourist or a repulsive, entitled, dreadlocked backpacker and haul enough luggage for a five year journey to Mars through a packed train, when you can shell out $12...yes $12 (a whole $12....4 pair of Elephant pants) or so for a ride to the Airport?

I usually travel with only hand luggage. And I like to avoid taxi if other public transport is available. I think Bangkok air is bad as it is without me and my small bag is adding to the problem.    :biggrin:

Archived