Pattaya Restaurants

White Christmas13

So i will be spending 10 days in Pattaya in June i am curious if any of you ex-pats know some decent

restaurants which are not to expensive I am not to keen on Thai food or sea food I love most western

food and Chinese and Indian food any suggestions for me ? And if you have please mention prices so

I can compare

Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, champers said:

Tripadvisor, or similar, rank restaurants and provide reviews.

For tourists that don't know any better.

To be taken with a boatload of salt not to mention many of the actually good insiders places aren't even listed, and the site is littered with listings for closed restaurants that they almost never bother to update.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

For tourists that don't know any better.

To be taken with a boatload of salt not to mention many of the actually good insiders places aren't even listed, and the site is littered with listings for closed restaurants that they almost never bother to update.

Yes I agree that is why I ask here for ex-pats honest opinion I don't really like to venture in to

walking street I will be staying in south Pattaya and restaurants listed on the net have never

listed a price list

30 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

but it is not focused  just on Pattaya I think

Not sure why you think that as it is in the Pattaya forum..........

Obviously go to the end of the thread as it has been runnning for a while but quite a few recent reviews for Indian restaurants.

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Seems there are lots of Indian places near where you are staying.

For duck and Chinese I like Leng Kee on Pattaya Klang.  To me it is not expensive for the quality.

Leng Kee isn't Chinese. It's Thai and Thai Chinese. 

43 minutes ago, champers said:

Tripadvisor, or similar, rank restaurants and provide reviews.

True but hotels and restaurants and more can and do pay Tripadvisor to add positive reviews to their sites and Tripadvisor and numerous hotels and restaurants have confirmed this is true. 

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

this is American junk food and not western food maybe you never eaten good western food before

Really, I didn't know. McDonalds says it is a restaurant.

And I thought good Western food might be fish & chips, or Holland's steak & kidney pudding

26 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

And I thought good Western food might be fish & chips, or Holland's steak & kidney pudding

You need to go back to school or maybe spec savers McDonalds is classed as a restaurant and fish 

and chips is english junk food

European cuisine, or alternatively western cuisine, is a generalised term collectively referring to the cuisines of Europe and other Western countries, including (depending on the definition) that of Russia, as well as non-indigenous cuisines of Australasia, the Americas, Southern Africa, and Oceania, which derive

2 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

You need to go back to school or maybe spec savers McDonalds is classed as a restaurant and fish 

European cuisine, or alternatively western cuisine, is a generalised term collectively referring to the cuisines of Europe and other Western countries, including (depending on the definition) that of Russia, as well as non-indigenous cuisines of Australasia, the Americas, Southern Africa, and Oceania, which derive

I would never have guessed what you just said.

They will not let me back into school, or Specsavers actually.

32 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

fish 

Well, living in Pattaya and eating out several times a week, I was going to point you towards a few decent Western restaurants in Pattaya. However, after that inane comment, you can get stuffed!

BTW. Chinese and Indian restaurants are neither Western nor European. The Chinese and Indian restaurants in Pattaya, (esp. Indian) are uniformly dreadful, despite what Jingthing might tell you. The latter guaranteed to give you Dheli Belly. Happy holiday.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

The Golden Ferret occasionally has pudding and chips on the menu as a special. Don't know if they are Hollands but in terms of quality they are up there. Australian puddings are only fit for feeding to pigs.

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The "Chinese" food that they have there is definitely Thai Chinese style. Pattaya now has scads of actual Chinese restaurants. Not saying they're all good but you can say "wrong" 1000 times and I'll say you're wrong. 

Gee, why not make it 2000.

For a guy who seems to consider himself some type of food expert in Pattaya do you have any suggestions for the OP other then falsely attacking others who are actually making an effort to help him?....

Shanghai on Third Road, not far far from the junction with North Pattaya road is not bad and also priced reasonably. They make their own noodles by hand.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d4166920-Reviews-Shanghai_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

The fish and chips comment was a bit out of order. Clearly you haven't a clue. Of course you can get crap fish and chips, just like you can get crap any kind of food. But when properly done, it is excellent.

Archived