Pattaya Restaurants

White Christmas13

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Well, living in Pattaya and eating out several times a week, I was going to point you towards a few decent Western restaurants in Pattaya. However, after that inane comment, you can get stuffed!

BTW. Chinese and Indian restaurants are neither Western nor European. The Chinese and Indian restaurants in Pattaya, (esp. Indian) are uniformly dreadful, despite what Jingthing might tell you. The latter guaranteed to give you Dheli Belly. Happy holiday.

I never said Indian or Chinese is Western food I only mentioned that is the food I enjoy

and don't be upset about Fish and Chips I love that too but I was talking about real cooked meals

what you cook in any countries I am not British and I still love mushy peas

4 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I never said Indian or Chinese is Western food I only mentioned that is the food I enjoy

and don't be upset about Fish and Chips I love that too but I was talking about real cooked meals

what you cook in any countries I am not British and I still love mushy peas

So fish and chips isn't real food and isn't cooked? 

You should source good quality fish, create a tasty and light batter, hand cut the chips and perhaps parboil and double fry them.

You should stop digging. You are beginning to make a fool of yourself.

6 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

So fish and chips isn't real food and isn't cooked? 

You should source good quality fish, create a tasty and light batter, hand cut the chips and perhaps parboil and double fry them.

You should stop digging. You are beginning to make a fool of yourself.

I don't dig I was referring to a poster who said western food is MC Donalds KFC is western food

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

"fish and chips is english junk food" So you didn't say this then?

Yes i did say this but it is not the normal English staple food you have many other beautiful

dishes in England I can name a few but I will get abused by not British

4 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Yes i did say this but it is not the normal English staple food you have many other beautiful

dishes in England I can name a few but I will get abused by not British

It is very normal British staple food. Back in the day, pretty much every family had a fish and chip supper on Friday night. The highlight of my week when I was young.

14 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

I like to hit the Wednesday or Saturday International buffet at Cherry's in Pattaya. 

http://www.cherrys-restaurant-pattaya.com/

If you find yourself over the hill in Jomtien, check out Rich Man Poor Man for breakfast, or anytime really. 

https://www.facebook.com/Richman-Poorman-Guesthouse-1507499469486571/ 

Cherry's is just terrible in my opinion. Well past it's sell by date. Surly staff. Hidden card charges and rules made up on the spot and the food reminiscent of school dinners.

I keep giving it another try and it's always the same. Poor.

They think they are a lot better than they actually are.

Gourmet, my posterior. It's not in any sense of the word a gourmet restaurant. They should have long been disabused of that notion.

Just standard fare.

9 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

lets call it quiets I never intended to make enemies with my British friends

Fish and chips in Australia and New Zealand is a somewhat different affair. In Australia they overcook the fish for fear of getting food poisoning and in New Zealand, you need to look far and wide for a place that doesn't utilise frozen chips. In fact many are proud to advertise that they use McCains Oven Chips.

So perhaps I can understand from where you are coming. 

30 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Cherry's is just terrible in my opinion. Well past it's sell by date. Surly staff. Hidden card charges and rules made up on the spot and the food reminiscent of school dinners.

Gourmet, my posterior. It's not in any sense of the word a gourmet restaurant. They should have long been disabused of that notion.

Just standard fare.

Funny, I've never looked at their website until today, finding and posting a link to it. Guess I can see where you're coming from, they oversell themselves a bit.  LOL.  For me, once a year or every other year in Pattaya, it's fine for the buffet, not emotional about it.  

43 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Just standard fare.

Used to be better.  I only go for the international buffet 450 baht.  Last time I went I was the only Farang in the place. 

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Gee, why not make it 2000.

For a guy who seems to consider himself some type of food expert in Pattaya do you have any suggestions for the OP other then falsely attacking others who are actually making an effort to help him?....

Yeah, right, I really don't make any suggestions on this forum as to where to eat. None at all. Thanks for that. I'll go flog myself with a wet ramen noodle. 

14 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Used to be better.  I only go for the international buffet 450 baht.  Last time I went I was the only Farang in the place. 

Was there about 2 or 3 Saturday's ago. Pretty busy and 70% foreigners who were not Chinese.......

Food to me was about the same standard as it has been for the last 3/4 years. 

The roast lamb that day was however excellent :thumbsup:

Hi

I will try.

French - La Petite Planete, soi Day Night near Tukcom.

Reasonable prices, 3 course set menu 380 baht. Portions slightly on the small side but v/good quality IMO.

Drinks prices pocket wallet friendly.

Can also order a la carte if you wish, still works out a good value proposition

https://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Petite-Planete-Restaurant/319590311388496

Italian   - Grottino soi 33 naklua, near the Doplhin roundabout.

Extensive menu, indoor air con section , and some seats & tables outside,

Sample prices. Tagliatelle 200 baht, spaghetti 240 baht, lasagne 280 baht.

Pizzas, large choice, from 200  baht basic to 380/400.

Drinks prices maybe a touch above average, not bad though.

Excellent food, excellent service.

https://www.facebook.com/Grottino-Restaurant-Pizzeria-533421586792058/

Greek/Mediterranean  El Greco, somewhat hard to find.

Very modest pricing, also there is an option to order half size on several of the mains ( handy if you want to try a small selection) Greek chef/owner couple, nice people.

Service good, prices very fair, including drinks.

http://www.elgreco-pattaya.com/

Hope that helps a bit

17 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Unbelievable. If you just want reasonably priced decent Non-Thai food Pattaya has loads of places. The real high end leaves a little to be desired and Bangkok is the better option here if that is what you are looking for. 

I enjoy the seafood in Pattaya. Always good. Mostly Thai. 

54 minutes ago, seasia said:

Hi

I will try.

French - La Petite Planete, soi Day Night near Tukcom.

Reasonable prices, 3 course set menu 380 baht. Portions slightly on the small side but v/good quality IMO.

Drinks prices pocket wallet friendly.

Can also order a la carte if you wish, still works out a good value proposition

https://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Petite-Planete-Restaurant/319590311388496

Italian   - Grottino soi 33 naklua, near the Doplhin roundabout.

Extensive menu, indoor air con section , and some seats & tables outside,

Sample prices. Tagliatelle 200 baht, spaghetti 240 baht, lasagne 280 baht.

Pizzas, large choice, from 200  baht basic to 380/400.

Drinks prices maybe a touch above average, not bad though.

Excellent food, excellent service.

https://www.facebook.com/Grottino-Restaurant-Pizzeria-533421586792058/

Greek/Mediterranean  El Greco, somewhat hard to find.

Very modest pricing, also there is an option to order half size on several of the mains ( handy if you want to try a small selection) Greek chef/owner couple, nice people.

Service good, prices very fair, including drinks.

http://www.elgreco-pattaya.com/

Hope that helps a bit

Have eaten at La Petite Planete. It was fine. Would eat there again for a change. I had a Cous Cous Royale there. Which is not something you find easily in Pattaya.

This link shows a bit more about Grottino

14 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Unbelievable. If you just want reasonably priced decent Non-Thai food Pattaya has loads of places. The real high end leaves a little to be desired and Bangkok is the better option here if that is what you are looking for. 

I enjoy the seafood in Pattaya. Always good. Mostly Thai. 

I enjoy any food but I am not to keen on seafood I can eat Thai food but not every thing

Archived