London Embassy original docs Non-Immigrant Type O- A (Long Stay)

18 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Thanks for clarifying that but its all academic now as lovethailandelite has pointed out above.

It's like watching a slow motion train crash recently regarding immigration and embassy developments. Since savings and investment accounts don't produce regular monthly statements, it looks as if applicants are now required to transfer £20000 into a current account for several months? What normal person keeps that much money in a current account long term? 

• Like 1

But their website does say ...."or evidence of adequate finance for the past 3 months". So they might accept other interest earning accounts. Personally I would try to get phone and/or email confirmation of this beforehand.

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

But their website does say ...."or evidence of adequate finance for the past 3 months". So they might accept other interest earning accounts. Personally I would try to get phone and/or email confirmation of this beforehand.

I wouldn`t bother, I got an email which totally contradicts the website. Put the £20k in and have peace of mind.

thai embassy.png

On 3/9/2019 at 7:47 PM, Jim P said:

I wouldn`t bother, I got an email which totally contradicts the website. Put the £20k in and have peace of mind.

thai embassy.png

Mnnn Interesting - Mine says its three months of statements:

Dear Sir/Madam,
1. 3 months back original bank statement remain 20000 GBP in your account 

2. If you supply the bank statement you do not need to supply more

Please check from requirement below

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

Which one are you suppose to believe?

3 months or 1 month ?

Notarised or not ?

No wonder we are left scratching our heads !!

I’m looking at doing an OA in Aug/Sept this year and the way it’s going I think I’ll use the format I used 3 years ago.

3 months statement.

Original medical certificate ( from LOS ) and original ACRO certificate
PLUS notarised copies of both using a solicitor instead of a robbing notary ( who IMO is a failed solicitor who bought a rubber stamp !! ).

So much confusion, Im taking my lead from the updated information on the website, not from the email I received.. I will use the £20k deposit 3 months prior and submit original documents along with one copy, therefore they will not need notarisation. Having been submitted online after 1st April you I will be given an appointment to attend in person so I will already know that my submissions have been accepted. To me this seems the most sure fire way of a relatively hassle free application.

Edited by Jim P

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

Rules changed to allow original documents to be submitted in 2018. 

Thank you for the correction. From http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#7

Note: 

- Please submit the originals of bank statement, criminal record check, and medical record, as well as one photocopy of each document. In case that an applicant could not submit the original documents, the Embassy will accept the photocopies which have been certified by a Notary Public officer or Solicitors.

- The consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 5:04 PM, Jim P said:

So much confusion, Im taking my lead from the updated information on the website, not from the email I received.. I will use the £20k deposit 3 months prior and submit original documents along with one copy, therefore they will not need notarisation. Having been submitted online after 1st April you I will be given an appointment to attend in person so I will already know that my submissions have been accepted. To me this seems the most sure fire way of a relatively hassle free application.

When you describe "Submitted online" - what are you referring to, surely not the A-O application or is this a requirement to apply online before you can turn up in person i.e You can not turn up without an appointment?

On 3/12/2019 at 12:33 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

3 months or 1 month ?

Notarised or not ?

I’m looking at doing an OA in Aug/Sept this year and the way it’s going I think I’ll use the format I used 3 years ago.

3 months statement.

PLUS notarised copies of both using a solicitor instead of a robbing notary ( who IMO is a failed solicitor who bought a rubber stamp !! ).

Actually good thinking - I didn't realise that Original medical certificate ( from LOS ) could be used. Is there a cost saving from doing this?

Actually good thinking - I didn't realise that Original medical certificate ( from LOS ) could be used. Is there a cost saving from doing this?

Yes, I mentioned it on a few threads and have only seen one other poster say he also did it.

I did it as at the time posters were saying that uk gp’s were reluctant to sign the form as the diseases are “ obscure “, or they paid a lot for the service.

I paid 360 baht ( £8 at the time ) 3 years ago, but also paid £20 to my uk gp for a letter saying that from my records I didn’t appear to have any of the symptoms !!

My uk letter was refused, so I pulled out my trump card ( Thai med cert ) and all was good, a masterful stroke if I do say so myself [emoji51].

Later this year will just get Thai med cert obviously .
  • Like 1

When you describe "Submitted online" - what are you referring to, surely not the A-O application or is this a requirement to apply online before you can turn up in person i.e You can not turn up without an appointment?

This has been mentioned before:
“on April 1st the OA at Thai Embassy London will increase to £150 and will only be available online, documents supplied online and an arranged visit to have visa put in passport “

( this is the gist of what I read earlier not an exact quote )

Since then I have been unable to find anything online to back the above statement up.

If anyone has a link , please post .
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, I mentioned it on a few threads and have only seen one other poster say he also did it.

I did it as at the time posters were saying that uk gp’s were reluctant to sign the form as the diseases are “ obscure “, or they paid a lot for the service.

I paid 360 baht ( £8 at the time ) 3 years ago, but also paid £20 to my uk gp for a letter saying that from my records I didn’t appear to have any of the symptoms !!

My uk letter was refused, so I pulled out my trump card ( Thai med cert ) and all was good, a masterful stroke if I do say so myself emoji51.png.

Later this year will just get Thai med cert obviously .

Ha - Brilliant and I agree a masterful stroke indeed.

Blimey when I went to my Doc he wanted £35 just to sign the downloaded Medical form from the Embassy site and that was with no examination required.

Sounds like a good deal - Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This has been mentioned before:
“on April 1st the OA at Thai Embassy London will increase to £150 and will only be available online, documents supplied online and an arranged visit to have visa put in passport “

( this is the gist of what I read earlier not an exact quote )

Since then I have been unable to find anything online to back the above statement up.

If anyone has a link , please post .

Yikes it gets better,

The extra £25 can be easily justified if have long distance travel to London since it saves one night hotel fees and £12.50 on the postal order.

Yikes it gets better,

The extra £25 can be easily justified if have long distance travel to London since it saves one night hotel fees and £12.50 on the postal order.

I do have to say that, after a quick look at Embassy website, I believe my above statement is incorrect and the online application is for E-visa only.

( see photo for list of countries applicable)

IMG_1431.thumb.JPG.d415b3bc44824e2039b8494dabcf030c.JPG

Clicking on the [2] takes you to other visa types and the requirements seem unchanged ( need to supply passport on application so no online available ).

IMG_1432.JPG

A great shame as my hometown is in Yorkshire and will involve an overnight stay in London to obtain an OA.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I do have to say that, after a quick look at Embassy website, I believe my above statement is incorrect and the online application is for E-visa only.

The e visa is for applying in London a few other locations later.

You may be confusing the e visa with the e voa that is only for those from 21 countries that qualify for a 15 day visa on arrival.

I am not sure the OA visa can be applied for using the e visa.

Perhaps check here to see if you an apply for it using it for a evisa. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/LongStay

39 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

IMG_1431.thumb.JPG.d415b3bc44824e2039b8494dabcf030c.JPG

Clicking on the [2] takes you to other visa types and the requirements seem unchanged ( need to supply passport on application so no online available ).

IMG_1432.JPG

A great shame as my hometown is in Yorkshire and will involve an overnight stay in London to obtain an OA.

Yup - Pity indeed - Yorkshire Also my home town - So I share your pain!

• Like 1

The e visa is for applying in London a few other locations later.
You may be confusing the e visa with the e voa that is only for those from 21 countries that qualify for a 15 day visa on arrival.
I am not sure the OA visa can be applied for using the e visa.
Perhaps check here to see if you an apply for it using it for a evisa. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/LongStay

Thanks Joe, did the check and as a UK citizen cannot apply for an OA online.

Yup - Pity indeed - Yorkshire Also my home town - So I share your pain!

Last time I got a train to Leeds, got the midnight coach to London ( arrived 6.30 am ), quick bite to eat and a walk through the park to Embassy.
Then to the shoebox hotel room I had booked online, did a bit of wandering about then crashed.
Next day wandered down the river a bit taking in the sights then got the tube to Embassy for 11 am.
Got the passport then back up north on the coach again.

Wasn’t a bad little trip ( October ) weather was kind to me at least.

Probably do similar in September.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, spambot said:

You will submit your documents online after April 1st, you will then be given an appointment to attend in person, it`s all on the London Thai Embassy site.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:33 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

3 months or 1 month ?

Notarised or not ?

3 months statement.

If you want notarised documentation use the Post Office, it`s a flat fee of £10.50 per document. Up to you, but if your submitting originals you don`t need notarisation. Three months statements wont cut it unless you have £20k in the bank.

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/document-certification-service

• Like 1

I just a response a few mins ago from Embassy:

My email:

Can you confirm that on April 1st 2019 the O-A Visa.

1. Cost will increase to £150 
  2. Applications will ONLY be available online.
  3. The documents required for the application will be sent to Embassy online.
  4.  An arranged appointment to visit will be provided to present passport / have visa placed into the passport. 

(Copy paste) Response from Embassy:

1. From 1 st April 19 = 150 GBP 

2. Application might have to do same process and online at the same time according to the change 

3. For O-A you must submit online and hard copy as well

4. For passport submit please check from the website at that time 

5. Please wait for update from the website

If you want notarised documentation use the Post Office, it`s a flat fee of £10.50 per document. Up to you, but if your submitting originals you don`t need notarisation. Three months statements wont cut it unless you have £20k in the bank.

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/document-certification-service

Last time I used a notary and he charged me £20 a doc !!
Just recently in the uk I had to to have certifications of a couple of docs and used a solicitor - £5 each , lesson learned.

I just a response a few mins ago from Embassy:

My email:
Can you confirm that on April 1st 2019 the O-A Visa.
  1. Cost will increase to £150 
  2. Applications will ONLY be available online.
  3. The documents required for the application will be sent to Embassy online.
  4.  An arranged appointment to visit will be provided to present passport / have visa placed into the passport. 
(Copy paste) Response from Embassy:

1. From 1 st April 19 = 150 GBP 

2. Application might have to do same process and online at the same time according to the change 

3. For O-A you must submit online and hard copy as well

4. For passport submit please check from the website at that time 

5. Please wait for update from the website

Hmmm sounds like they are not too sure either, hopefully they update their website to make this more transparent !!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Hmmm sounds like they are not too sure either, hopefully they update their website to make this more transparent !!

Yup - Only thing that they seem sure of is Cost will now be £150 and for O-A requires an additional process of online that will be added to offline. 

• Like 1