London Embassy original docs Non-Immigrant Type O- A (Long Stay)

Yup - Only thing that they seem sure of is Cost will now be £150 and for O-A requires an additional process of online that will be added to offline. 

Yes, that’s the way I read your email reply.
Kinda makes sense because if it was done purely online how would they put the visa stamp in your passport ?
Can’t see them affixing the visa stamp when you visit, surely checking your passport out plays a big part of the process ??

I’m more confused now than I was before !!
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

See my post #49, I think there’s some confusion about this .

There is no confusion, as I said you will submit your documents online for approval. You will then be given an appointment to attend in person with the documentation and receive your visa. If you have originals you don`t need notarisation.

There is no confusion, as I said you will submit your documents online for approval. You will then be given an appointment to attend in person with the documentation and receive your visa. If you have originals you don`t need notarisation.

Don’t get me wrong Jim, I’m all for the online visa application I just don’t see that clearly stated for the OA on the Embassy Website.

Do you have a link, maybe I’m on an outdated version .

37 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, that’s the way I read your email reply.
Kinda makes sense because if it was done purely online how would they put the visa stamp in your passport ?
Can’t see them affixing the visa stamp when you visit, surely checking your passport out plays a big part of the process ??

I’m more confused now than I was before !!

I have tried to explain before how this works. Everything will be done online. You scan and upload all your documents. The Embassy as from 1st April, has no input in issuing or not the visa. The decision is taken in Bangkok, which where the system is based.The only input they have in London or wherever you decide to collect the visa, is checking your hard copies of whatever you have uploaded and your passport, then if happy, insert the visa in to your passport. The MFA in conjunction with VFS Global, have employed recently nearly 400 people to deal with this new world system and the actual E visa on arrival for those citizens entitled too VOA.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Seems according to the video it will be possible to visit consulates as opposed just the London Embassy to show original docs,  supply passport and pick up your visa into passport - Hence, Hull, Liverpool, Cardiff, Glasgow, Birmingham.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spambot said:

Seems according to the video it will be possible to visit consulates as opposed just the London Embassy to show original docs,  supply passport and pick up your visa into passport - Hence, Hull, Liverpool, Cardiff, Glasgow, Birmingham.

That would make a lot of sense.

16 minutes ago, spambot said:

Only a consulate or Embassy that is linked into the system at the time you apply.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have any updates to this excellent thread, particularly in relation to how the online process is operating / will operate?

I believe it’s been put back until May now.

I’m also very interested in seeing what changes have been made, if any, as thinking about obtaining a new OA in September.

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I’m also very interested in seeing what changes have been made, if any, as thinking about obtaining a new OA in September.

There is going to be an online system at some point and targeted for May as Andrew says.

I requested information from Hull and Liverpool consulates last week - asking if they're going to be part on the O-A process online appointments - Hull seems to have no idea about O-A (suggesting I could apply in Bangkok). Liverpool was a little more insightful identifying they knew the system was imminent, but they had not been invited to participate yet - So possibilities that making an appointment after the online application has not been ruled out or in with consulates yet.

I requested the following information from London Embassy 1). Is this new system going to be online application (followed by passport in person appointment) only or would the existing postal method still be available? 2). When the online system is available will the appointments also be available to visit Hull and Liverpool consulates?

The response I got back:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please contact us again when the online application starts to confirm the alternative method to submit later.

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer
Royal Thai Embassy
29-30 Queen's Gate,
London,
SW7 5JB

You can, however, sign up at their new online portal now - https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/Index in readiness, but, as of this morning, you cannot yet make the online O-A application online.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I too am interested Andrew. I have just obtained my final extension of stay (Retirement), based on my British Embassy income letter. I intend to get an OA in the UK next time but not until September 2020. The new process should have settled down by then. Let me know how you get on and also confirm please if the medical form will be accepted if completed in Thailand, which makes things so much easier.

• Like 1

I too am interested Andrew. I have just obtained my final extension of stay (Retirement), based on my British Embassy income letter. I intend to get an OA in the UK next time but not until September 2020. The new process should have settled down by then. Let me know how you get on and also confirm please if the medical form will be accepted if completed in Thailand, which makes things so much easier.

I’m hoping not to be the guinea pig on this one Jim [emoji51] hopefully others will use it and post their experience on here.

I was fully prepared to go in September and visit in person as I did 3 years ago but now I’m gonna wait and see what they are cooking up !!

The delayed start of the online process suggests, to me that they might be reviewing this visa !!

Regarding, the medical certificate, it certainly worked for me ( Oct 2016 ) but who knows.

I’m definitely going to get another medical certificate done in LOS before I go over as a backup and probably look into another in the uk also depending on availability and cost.

Last time I got a letter from my gp and it WASNT accepted so the Thai one saved my bacon.

As the OA obviously causes some expense I feel it prudent to dot the i’s and cross the t’s ....... several times !!

• Like 2

I got this answer to my question - If I could use a Thai medical certificate - I asked last week.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yes, you can contact a doctor in Thailand by using this form.  However, please make sure there is a doctor or hospital stamp on it. 

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer

Royal Thai Embassy
29-30 Queen's Gate,
London,
SW7 5JB

Thanks Spambot, that’s good news !
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, spambot said:

I got this answer to my question - If I could use a Thai medical certificate - I asked last week.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yes, you can contact a doctor in Thailand by using this form.  However, please make sure there is a doctor or hospital stamp on it. 

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer

Royal Thai Embassy
29-30 Queen's Gate,
London,
SW7 5JB

Excellent thanks Spambot I was going to ask the same, saves me the trouble. Cheers

• Like 2

I just got a new date for the online e-Visa application from London Thai Embassy.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We will start the online submission in the middle of June.

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer

Royal Thai Embassy
29-30 Queen's Gate,
London,
SW7 5JB

• Like 2