Wanted - Used Teak logs for gazebo

Dean1953

Sometime within the next year, I’ll have someone build a teak gazebo at my house.  My plan is to have it a little over 6 feet off the ground. It’s been 17 years since I had my teak house built, with 21 teak logs for support.  Fortunately, I only need 4 of them this time.  Last time, I drove around with a Thai friend in areas that she recommended, until we found teak logs sitting around.  Since I only have 2 weeks at the most to find them, does anyone know of someone selling teak logs?  Any information would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

As you know, since 1986 when the teak logging ban was put in place it became harder to move wood around without a permit stipulating it was pre 1986 teak house wood. Most wasn't and still isn't. If I was you I would buy old logs/timbers from a timber yard as close to your residence as possible and have the seller deliver it and have the holes dug and the logs/timbers in place as soon as possible. I would also request a 'receipt' of some kind. I built a teak house 30 years ago and considered selling the wood last year and found no market due to the inability of obtaining a permit, which never was a problem in the 'good old days'.

Archived