Where is a Consumer Protection Center to claim my condominium problems?

TransAm2002

It's called the Office of the Consumer Protection Board. You will find the office in the basement level of the Ratthaprasasanabhakti Building (Building B) of the Government Complex at Lak Si (same level as 7-Eleven, the banks and shops). The Office is close to Chester's and directly opposite the banks.

This is the same building that Immigration is based in. This link should get you there:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/qVDzE

The street address is:

120 Thanon Chaengwattana, Thung Song Hong, Lak Si, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, 10210.

20190305_103715.thumb.jpg.9ae04368277ec9a3a80f9b9480ba193d.jpg

20190305_103806.thumb.jpg.b6d2699da70be64a736beadaaafcea2f.jpg

It's called the Office of the Consumer Protection Board. You will find the office in the basement level of the Ratthaprasasanabhakti Building (Building B) of the Government Complex at Lak Si (same level as 7-Eleven, the banks and shops).

This is the same building that Immigration is based in. This link should get you there:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/qVDzE

The street address is:

120 Thanon Chaengwattana, Thung Song Hong, Lak Si, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, 10210.
Thank you for the perfect information that I wanted, blackcab.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

it would be interesting to know the problems that you are facing at the condominium, if you could elaborate it would be mostly appreciated. I had (still have some) problems at my condominium unit relating to poor management, the manager thought the building was his, all moneys coming in were profit and nothing left for preventive maintenance, did try to contact the consumer board without any success, hope you have better luck and I am not alone hoping that you can keep us updated

TransAm2002 ... Already been said, but, Good Luck with that one.

Here's a little 'light reading'' on the matter:

Consumer Protection Act - B.E. 2522 (1979)

https://www.samuiforsale.com/law-texts/consumer-protection-act.html

I'd consider making a flask (or three) of hot tea and a pile of sandwiches.

Do you have neighbours that you could talk with. Worth a try do you think?

(Maybe they have experienced problems that were similar to yours?)

I was not being flippant by posting the Consumer Protection Act document.

Copy & Paste the document and hi-lite anything that may be of use to you.

You never know your luck ...

• 4 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 7:47 PM, inThailand said:

Without further explanation hard to imagine a condo management issue falls under the Consumer Protection Agency

He bought a condominium apartment(or several). He is paying common fee for maintenance every month. 

3 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Consumer protection in Thailand for a foreigner?????

are you serious?

your condo fees are going straight into the pockets of someone, <deleted> for maintanence etc!

This is a good bet. The lack of owners interest, communication and transparency makes it as easy as stealing from a baby. 

Archived