Two week wait for tourist & non-immigrant visa appointments at Thai Embassy in Vientiane

5 hours ago, mstevens said:

Wow, this is going to cause a lot of worry and anxiety for many, and it must play havoc with the visa run companies. I wonder if other embassies and consulates in the region will see an increase in visa applicants in what could be a spillover from people who would have otherwise used Vientiane?

I would think that this is a load of crap and it is typical of Thai mind games. Over egging the actual reasons trying to make it look like Thailand is the place that people want to come to because of the dwindling numbers

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Please God don't make this destroy the wonderful, quiet, easy, peaceful, pleasant Muk-Sav border crossing & visa processing.

Spotlight comments like that....will.

But some cannot show the financial requirememts at savana to get a TV (hand-to-mouth) and so must go Vient....also they can reject at the window prior to paying at Savana. if they don't like the look of the inside of your passport....= stuffed to gills with TVs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Please God don't make this destroy the wonderful, quiet, easy, peaceful, pleasant Muk-Sav border crossing & visa processing.

I was about to mention Mukdahan. But now I better don't do. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Your post will help to make it happen ! 555

• Like 1

There's an agent here that has some sort of connect at Vientiane consulate and is able to legit book people on any date. The bookings appear on the booking site and all, with the requested date and correct name.

19 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

..go to Savanaket..

Savannakhet is more strict, you need to show onward ticket within 60 days and Bank Statement for Tourist Visa, in case of Non Immigrant visa you have to address your documents to Royal Thai Consulate Savannakhet.

• Like 1

The Thai Embassy in London will only accept visa applications online from the 1st of April, If approved you have to make a appointment to go to the Embassy to have the visa put into your passport.

The visa fees are also going up From £125 to £150 for a non 'O' multiple entry with all other visas rising pro rata.

30 minutes ago, visarunner said:

Savannakhet is more strict, you need to show onward ticket within 60 days and Bank Statement for Tourist Visa, in case of Non Immigrant visa you have to address your documents to Royal Thai Consulate Savannakhet.

Onward ticket isnt required for TV at Savanakhet and bank statements are not always required either 

• Like 1

Is it possible (from the online application request) to work out how many available slots there are per day ?

Somedays there would be 600 + TV applications and if they have limited them to 400 per day , that would explain why the bookins are full

I think the Thai Embassy in Vientiane just became Americanized!

(i.e., We are required to help you, but we really do not want to be bothered. So we will change the long established rules (1979), and Outreach Schedules to make it as inconvenient as possible.)

Edited by KenKadz
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

I think the Thai Embassy in Vientiane just became Americanized!

(i.e., We are required to help you, but we really do not want to be bothered. So we will change the long established rules (1979), and Outreach Schedules to make it as inconvenient as possible.)

Just modernised , not "Americanised" .

31 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Just modernised , not "Americanised" .

Same thing. Meanwhile, I dont have to worry about it till Jan 21, 2020 when my current Extension expires

Just now, Nyezhov said:

Same thing. Meanwhile, I dont have to worry about it till Jan 21, 2020 when my current Extension expires

OR October when you will have to decide to have the 800k or 65k p/month or.

• Like 1

It could well be a trick from the TAL (tourism authority lao)

to decrease their stock of Laobeer. Instead of seeing these

runners skipping strolling through the stalls that Laos offers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Is it possible (from the online application request) to work out how many available slots there are per day ?

Somedays there would be 600 + TV applications and if they have limited them to 400 per day , that would explain why the bookins are full

after the 20th March they reduced to actual 250 bookings....

13 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Their reasoning that the number of applicants has grown a lot is ridiculous. For each visa, they collect a princely 1000 (tourist) or 2000 (non immigrant) baht. You'd think they could hire some extra consular officers to cope with the increase in applications.

what they loose due to this is peanuts against the offer they do to lure the Indians and Chinese. Not forget FREE Visa on arrival from November to April, each valued at THB 2,000.-. This leave me speechless, but further comments are sensitive..... BTW I also enjoy the statistics from TAT. 

7 minutes ago, tukadadoll said:

Last month on my way back I went to Malaysia and Indonesia. Quite a different feeling there. 

Don't confuse feelings with visa requirements. Indonesia retirement visa requirements are risible and Malaysia has higher hurdles than Thailand and seemingly changed the deal on people.

4 hours ago, visarunner said:

as part of a visa run company, this is not possible. The slots are handled online. There are also holidays on 8th and not announced by Embassy that 11th and 12th is a voting day , so no slot available, even visa run companies can not go. 

We update our website daily. 

After we have confirmed our appointment with the Vientiane Embassy do we then have to either email or phone your company to book our trip? 

Your website is not very clear on this