Two week wait for tourist & non-immigrant visa appointments at Thai Embassy in Vientiane

17 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

After we have confirmed our appointment with the Vientiane Embassy do we then have to either email or phone your company to book our trip? 

Your website is not very clear on this

we still happy if you just walk in. Thank you

It's not like you don't know 90 days ahead of time when you need to go.  If you plan ahead, I think this is much better no worries about huge crowds waiting for hours etc.  If you need a visa today go to KL or something and schedule appt next time.

Edited by Peter702
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter702 said:

It's not like you don't know 90 days ahead of time when you need to go.  If you plan ahead, I think this is much better no worries about huge crowds waiting for hours etc.  If you need a visa today go to KL or something and schedule appt next time.

Like some one already said...This will have little affect on the professional tourist....But it will have a big impact on the regular tourist....And they could reduce the available openings any time they want....

No surprises here it's just another turn of the screw to get rid of those pesky farangs.   They've just about wiped out the possibilities of retiring here for most people and now they're starting on tourist visas....... Who didn't see this one coming ?   ( How to destroy your countries tourist industry in one go)   La la land, where the inmates now the control the asylum.......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BestB said:

According to some posts on Facebook , people try to make money out of it by booking out slots and then selling it.

That sounds like work for financial gain.

Those clowns have a work permit?

How about a link to those posts? Figure out who they are and open up some slots real quick...

4 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

" How to destroy your countries tourist industry in one go)  "

Not true at all tourism is booming. They have 11 million Chinese, projected to have 6+ million Indians. Thais are blinded by numbers so a few million pissed off falangs doesn't bother them at all. 

I'm taking that to be scarcasm.........  If not, where do i buy a pair of those rose tinted spectacles that TAT look through ?  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, visarunner said:

Savannakhet is more strict, you need to show onward ticket within 60 days and Bank Statement for Tourist Visa, in case of Non Immigrant visa you have to address your documents to Royal Thai Consulate Savannakhet.

I was in savannakhet in January and the only thing they asked me for was 20,000 baht in the bank, but yes they usually ask for onward ticket.

I just checked and for tomorrow some slots are available and for Tuesday too.

Wednesday still full.

I wonder about Thursday, why it is full, Friday is a holiday.

Just plan ahead, slots after 21st March are still plentiful.

For April no schedule open yet.

12 hours ago, ebean001 said:

All countries have immigration issues. I wish all countries would understand a few things.

1. You beg tourist/expats to come. Remember that. They advertise, etc. They are inviting people to be in their country. Please come.

2. There is a ‘cost of business’ when millions come. Yes, you might have to clean up a mess or 2. Yes, someone might end up in the hospital. Paperwork required at immigration. Countries, for the most part, complain about these costs as they continue to beg for people to come.

3. I spend 100,000b a month. If I leave I assume some people will have less income. If you leave, the same. If many leave then the economy suffers.

4. If many leave and fewer tourist because a country does not recognize the ‘cost of doing business’ then the economy suffers and it is even better for expat/tourist to be in that country. The cost of living goes down.

There are silver linings. I lived in Russia. That was easy…very easy to live there. Too easy. The average woman wage went from $300/month to $1,000/month quickly for that reason and many more. The ‘mail order bride’ business is almost nonexistent there after many years of thriving.

sounds like you are living in Thailand too..  If you're living in Thailand, then you are no longer a tourist.  A real tourist that will come for a few days, weeks has no issues. 

7 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Like some one already said...This will have little affect on the professional tourist....But it will have a big impact on the regular tourist....And they could reduce the available openings any time they want....

Why would it have a big impact on a regular tourist?? Most tourists have plans and this is just one embassy (at this time), they can use another embassy, enter Thailand on visa exempt, etc..  

16 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Same thing. Meanwhile, I dont have to worry about it till Jan 21, 2020 when my current Extension expires

I thought you'd had enough and were going home?

On 3/3/2019 at 8:11 AM, edwinchester said:

“The number of visa applicants at the the Royal Thai Embassy, Vientiane has increased significantly in the past years”, the Embassy said on its website.

Not exactly a problem that's suddenly appeared overnight is it so wait so long before trying to fix it?

Thainess

20 hours ago, wharria said:

The Thai Embassy in London will only accept visa applications online from the 1st of April, If approved you have to make a appointment to go to the Embassy to have the visa put into your passport.

The visa fees are also going up From £125 to £150 for a non 'O' multiple entry with all other visas rising pro rata.

Thought they did that by post ??

23 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I suspect the visa run companies can pay for overtime for some of the officers needed...  so they likely are still getting service.

So correct.. this is great for visa run companies and Thai visa officers.. will be more efficient... user pays.

5 hours ago, rott said:

I thought you'd had enough and were going home?

I havent had enough ????

Im just not dealing with the weather here from April to September. 

I have a great summer tenatively planned (if my xgf doesnt interrupt it):

Fly to Shanghai, visit my Kid

Fly into LAX, get some concentrates, bang xgf, explain why our relationship wont work.

Fly out to East Coast, bond with family.

Beach house on the Carolina/Virginia coast or Country house by a Lake in the Mountains

Month in Alaska (Caribou season?)

Edit photos, eat burgers, fight off xgf

Fly to Thailand October

Life is grand

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2019 at 12:29 PM, Steeple said:

There's an agent here that has some sort of connect at Vientiane consulate and is able to legit book people on any date. The bookings appear on the booking site and all, with the requested date and correct name.

Is that fact or just something that you think happens ?

On 3/3/2019 at 12:29 PM, visarunner said:

Savannakhet is more strict, you need to show onward ticket within 60 days and Bank Statement for Tourist Visa, in case of Non Immigrant visa you have to address your documents to Royal Thai Consulate Savannakhet. 

In the past, they were ok with an onward ticket within 90-days (I did this, back when they first became more difficult - wanted flight + money + residence/hotel).  Has that changed?

On 3/3/2019 at 12:11 PM, hotchilli said:

At least you can turn up for an appointment time & guarantee being seen. As apposed to sitting in a queue all day hoping your ticket number is called out.

Just can't please some people !!!!

As long as you got in the daily-queue before the cut-off time, you always got service at Vientiane, before.  There could be a wait, but you could eat/drink at the place across the street to kill time. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...