Mini heatwave to hit northern Thailand next week

rooster59

Mini heatwave to hit northern Thailand next week

11.jpg

People living in northern Thailand are being warned to take extra care as temperatures are set to soar over the next couple of days.

Thailand’s Met Office is advising residents to prepare for an increase in temperatures by staying out of the sun during the hottest time of the day and making sure they stay properly hydrated.

Forecasters have said that due a high pressure weather system, temperatures in upper and northern Thailand could reach 39 degrees Celsius during March 3rd to 5th.

People living in the northeast of Thailand will experience slightly cooler temperatures but with an increased chance of light rain and thunderstorms. 

The news comes after it was announced that Thailand officially entered its summer season on Feb 21.

This year forecasters are predicting scorching temperatures and “an extraordinarily hot and arid summer” following what was an unusually warm winter season.

The summer temperatures are expected to reach up to 44 degrees Celsius in provinces such as Kanchanaburi, Lampang, Uttaradit and Sukhothai.

Thailand’s Met Office also warned that if their predictions prove to be accurate, this year will be the second hottest summer ever recorded in Thailand.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-03

56 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand’s Met Office is advising residents to prepare for an increase in temperatures by staying out of the sun

Luckily, even if anyone is out at the hottest part of the day they'll be no need for suncream. The farmers and the motorists and big agriculture have seen this heatwave coming for months and have been kind enough to cover the region with a thick grey blanket to catch any harmful UV rays that may cause trouble to people, especially the gingers. Thank you to all who have contributed to the protective UV blanket and for the beautiful sunsets.

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

People living in the northeast of Thailand will experience slightly cooler temperatures but with an increased chance of light rain and thunderstorms. 

I long for.

Cooler: only 36 or so :biggrin:

(just in time: Thai Met website down since yesterday :saai:)

I can always get cooled down and comfortable in spite of high temperatures. Wish I could get warmed up and comfortable just as easily in sub zero, blowing snow conditions. I can't!

I live in Lampang. I have hardly seen a cloud for more than two weeks. The temperature has been as hot as I have ever known it (16 years in the North) already. Do they mean even hotter? Anything to do with Climate change?

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

I live in Lampang. I have hardly seen a cloud for more than two weeks. The temperature has been as hot as I have ever known it (16 years in the North) already. Do they mean even hotter? Anything to do with Climate change?

Similar over here in Isaan but it is the high humidity that I find excruciating.

10 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

this is what you call warm

marble bar.png

That is funny but true. Marble Bar is the most constantly hot town in Australia. And I lived near there for 25 years.

There is no way you get too much of a sweat up, the sun instantly dries that away. It is just hot.

Where I live on Thailand plains now, it is hot (36c) but humid. I step outside the house and - instant sweat up.

I miss the Pilbara temperature where it did get cooler for about 5 months of the year.

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

yes I lived in Port Hedland for many years it's ok but some times it gets really hot 

Nothing to do with the topic so... I worked in Karratha. On the salt mine that is also in Port Hedland.

And we toured to Marble bar and Wittenoom Gorge. Newman...

Bloody hot in summer, quaintly cool at up to 27c in winter. But little humidity. Dry heat.

And beautiful stark dry semi desert vista. Not Thai humidity. I love them both, but I do wish it would rain in Thailand

Archived