Cheap oven for rental condo

banagan

Lots of condo management won't allow gas..also Thais don't seem to do much baking...maybe chicken and egg situation they dont normally have an oven so dont bake.
Lugging the gas bottles around is a bit of a pain they are heavy.

Maybe go for a microwave oven that can also bake.

As the others have said a compact toaster oven can be used for many things beyond toast. But I would suggest not going for the cheapest option as it might be a source of repair problems. A known brand is better. Pair this with a microwave and an induction hob and you have a good working kitchen.

4 hours ago, johng said:

Maybe go for a microwave oven that can also bake.

Yes, that's a good point and something I did a few years ago and have never regretted it.

The microwave I have is a Sharp "Perfection" with a double grill, and it can do just about everything from the obvious microwaving through to grilling and also act as a convection oven with even a few programs in between which utilise part microwave and part convection options.

Never needed anything else even though I do a lot of cooking (but I do have a small gas cooker outside on the balcony for cooking the smelly Thai stuff) and think that this microwave is wonderful, although I think the model has been superseded, so the OP might want to look around.

Archived