Thai Tourist Police arrest taxi driver caught cheating South Korean tourist

rooster59

Thai Tourist Police arrest taxi driver caught cheating South Korean tourist

Screenshot 2562-03-03 at 08.27.18.png

Tourist police have arrested a taxi driver who allegedly intimidated and overcharged a South Korean passenger.

The arrest came after a Facebook user had tagged the Tourist Police Bureau (TPB) in his comment in a Facebook post accusing a taxi driver of allegedly intimidating and overcharging a South Korean passenger using the service from Siam Square to Rangsit. The cabbie charged him 700 baht, almost doubled the fare.

The cabbie initially charged 950 baht, but the passenger found the fare was overcharging.

This prompted the TPB to look into the allegation and contact the owner of the post to seek further details about the incident. Tourist police then began tracking down the taxi driver, who was subsequently apprehended.

A taxi fare estimator tool shows that the fare for the distance from Siam Square to Rangsit at the same time (around 8pm on Saturday) is about 357 baht.

Source: Thai Tourist Police

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-03

HUH?? 

I would be very surprised if this punk is a licenced taxi driver.

Look how he presents himself. Never seen such a dirty looking slob drive a cab in Bangkok.

He probably 'borrowed' it from a relative to make a quick buck from tourists then slink back to NakonNothing province.

And this "exemption" for your own? You break the law, then Thai or tourist, go directly to jail and NO brown envelopes. the late king - although safeguarded from all the corruption,  would be disgusted to see what his country has become.

To those people who constantly say Tourist Police 1) are not "real" police 2) Tourist Police "can not arrest" you, 5 words of wisdom: Tourist Police arrest taxi driver!

{  And I really don't think the taxi driver was a TOURIST  }

Breaking news:

Tourist Police have presented their much-coveted Gold Medal to taxi driver Terdsak Lotsamunee. The driver's altruistic behaviour led to the return to his Chinese passenger of 108 tiger penises, 24 bear paws and 52 Pangolin skins that had been inadvertently left in his taxi's trunk outside Don Muang airport, from where the passenger was due to fly to Guangzhou.

I can't imagine he needed the money. I've just made a couple of brief visits to Bangkok and found it almost impossible to get a taxi to take me along Sukhumvit. Both times, something like 8-10 drivers refused, one wanted 200 to go from Nana to Asok and another 400 to go from Asok to Nana. When so many can't be bothered to take paying passengers I can draw only one conclusion - they are so well off they don't need the money. Yet they complain they are poor. Perhaps someone can explain to them that if they take passengers in their taxi then those passengers will pay them. It doesn't appear to have occurred to them.

And before anyone comments on why I wanted to take taxis in that area when I could have walked or used the Skytrain, I had my reasons.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I can't imagine he needed the money. I've just made a couple of brief visits to Bangkok and found it almost impossible to get a taxi to take me along Sukhumvit. Both times, something like 8-10 drivers refused, one wanted 200 to go from Nana to Asok and another 400 to go from Asok to Nana. When so many can't be bothered to take paying passengers I can draw only one conclusion - they are so well off they don't need the money. Yet they complain they are poor. Perhaps someone can explain to them that if they take passengers in their taxi then those passengers will pay them. It doesn't appear to have occurred to them.

And before anyone comments on why I wanted to take taxis in that area when I could have walked or used the Skytrain, I had my reasons.

took a lady boy back from nana but didn't want too many people to see? ???? ????????

Archived