There is great pizza in Thailand

I was recently in Bangkok and after leaving a doctor appointment wanted to have lunch.    After checking Google Maps I read  about Pizza Pala Romano on Trip ADvisor and made a decision I don't regret.

I can sincerely say the pizza I ordered was not just good it was excellent.       Can't remember exactly what kind it was but based on the ingredients in mine I suspect most of their dishes would easily pass muster.

The place was clean and run efficiently.    And the prices were very reasonable.

Alas pizza cravings can be easily (depending on your location) satisfied.

2104219462_pizzapizza.png.19cf28f3454f66cf3e61e18c76f8f468.png

Pizza preferences country specific.

Aussies overall would vote Pizza company ahead of New York pizza imo but Americans vice versa. As the title suggests.

Pizza company buy 1 get 1 free (every march) which makes choice easy in march anyway. 

My favourite is Aussie style capriciossa. Cant find in Thailand?

Pizza is fantastic in all its styles, and there is indeed some great pizza in Thailand.

Pala Pizza Romana is solid pizza, though their pastas, especially the handmade, are where they really shine. Their little imported deli mart also has a surprisingly strong selection.

Delices de Capoue on Ekkamai is a fantastic pizza, dough risen over 72hr and very very high quality ingredients. This is currently my favorite for "best in Bangkok."

Peppina has a solid Neopolitan style pizza, and a convenient satellite location in Central Embassy.

Bacco near Thonglor is not frequently mentioned for pizza, but has a great Neopolitan selection.

For delivery, shouldn't leave out the old stalwart Pizza Mania. Short of Pizza Company, there isn't a more convenient, available pizza in central Bangkok.

Another that gets frequent mention is Pizza Massilia. And 2 relative newcomers with good feedback (both New York style) are SoHo, mentioned above, and Pizzeria Mazzie.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 4:46 PM, Sam Lin said:

Pizza is fantastic in all its styles, and there is indeed some great pizza in Thailand.

Pala Pizza Romana is solid pizza, though their pastas, especially the handmade, are where they really shine. Their little imported deli mart also has a surprisingly strong selection.

Delices de Capoue on Ekkamai is a fantastic pizza, dough risen over 72hr and very very high quality ingredients. This is currently my favorite for "best in Bangkok."

Peppina has a solid Neopolitan style pizza, and a convenient satellite location in Central Embassy.

Bacco near Thonglor is not frequently mentioned for pizza, but has a great Neopolitan selection.

For delivery, shouldn't leave out the old stalwart Pizza Mania. Short of Pizza Company, there isn't a more convenient, available pizza in central Bangkok.

Another that gets frequent mention is Pizza Massilia. And 2 relative newcomers with good feedback (both New York style) are SoHo, mentioned above, and Pizzeria Mazzie.

I agree with you about Bacco. I don't know Delices de Capoue on Ekkamai, but will look for it.

One of my favourites is Solo Mio on Thong Lor.

• 3 weeks later...

I would add that Gallery Pizza in Sathon is quite good...its more American style. Fast delivery too until 4am. That saved me from dying of starvation once or twice.....

Still can't find a pizza similar to what I used to eat in western Canada where the Greeks made a pizza with a lemony tangy tomato sauce and piled high premium meats and cheeses.  I couldn't find one like that in Los Angeles either lol.

Archived