Trump slams Mueller, mocks critics in fiery two-hour speech

rooster59

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

Thank God for the Electoral college.

https://www.historycentral.com/elections/Electoralcollgewhy.html

Without the Electoral college, the more populated states would have more voice than the less populated states. The founders were also concerned that "tyrants" could shape popular opinion.

{I would argue that the Democrat party are tyrannical with those who oppose their viewpoints on abortion, woman;s special rights, gender, and LBGT issues}  

Does it really fly straight over your head that your list of people who the democrats support is concerned with what people are 'allowed' to do with their OWN lives and bodies and whether people should have restricted rights because they are not heterosexual white men?  Yet you call the dems 'tyrannical'.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" "We're waiting for a report by people who weren't elected," Trump said of the Mueller report, "

There are two million federal employees, not counting postal workers. Does Trump want all federal employees to be elected? New amendment? Need to remind Trump that his daughter, son in law, incompetent heads of cabinets, etc weren't elected either. If Ivanka and Jared had been on ballot ticket, Trump would have lost even electoral college.

Oh, for those EC supporters, I did a little math (hopefully correct) it takes 6 votes in California to equal 1 in Montana. Is that fair?

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

Also part of his CPAC rant, but not included in the OP, is Trump's complaining about the "strong dollar." If you live in Thailand realize that Trump wants to drive the dollar down against the baht even more.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-02/trump-says-dollar-too-strong-swipes-at-fed-for-raising-rates

Actually, Trump doesn't understand even the most rudimentary elements of what the fed does, nor what impacts fiscal policy. He clearly doesn't understand other countries' economics either as he states other countries are doing very poorly but the US is booming. This cursory understanding of these issues is consistent with his similar level of understanding in everything from international trade to international diplomacy.

One big unread, unstudied, uninformed orange caricature of an important person.

So many comments without facts or basis. Attacking the President of the United States seems to give the unwashed-unknowing some sense of power where no brains exist. You, know nothings hiding out in the slums of Thailand, shirking responsibility while slurping your beer and trading bullshit with your equally ignorant friends have the guts to attack the most powerful leader in the free world. You couldn't even qualify as a toilet paper holder to this great leader. Go back to your Joeys and soccer pitches and leave a world leader to his tasks.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"Now Robert Mueller never received a vote and neither did the person who appointed him,"

Acting Attorney General Republican Rosenstein appointed Muller as Special Counsel.

Rosenstein did receive one vote to be nominated as Deputy Attorney General - from Trump who nominated him.

Rosenstein was then confirmed by a 94 to 6 vote of the Senate.

But leave it to Trump not to understand nor appreciate American representative democracy.

19 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

So many comments without facts or basis. Attacking the President of the United States seems to give the unwashed-unknowing some sense of power where no brains exist. You, know nothings hiding out in the slums of Thailand, shirking responsibility while slurping your beer and trading bullshit with your equally ignorant friends have the guts to attack the most powerful leader in the free world. You couldn't even qualify as a toilet paper holder to this great leader. Go back to your Joeys and soccer pitches and leave a world leader to his tasks.

So please give us ALL the facts and basis for commenting.

Only please make sure that they are true and verifiable facts and not the daily "facts" from

POTUS and the White House.

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

trump just confirming he has lost the plot - no new ideas, repeats BS and repeats again and again = Zzzzzzzz

And your credentials as a past President or qualifications to determine if someone "has lost the plot". That tired cliche lacks elaboration on specifics.

A failure in almost everything he does, and takes credit for the successes of others.  He mocks and calls people names like a child.  Only those with child like minds would follow this hollow human 

26 minutes ago, Benmart said:

And your credentials as a past President or qualifications to determine if someone "has lost the plot". That tired cliche lacks elaboration on specifics.

“You know I’m totally off script right now,” Trump said at the beginning of his speech. “I’m in love, you’re in love and we’re all in love together," the president declared. So everybody is having a good time, I’m laughing, we’re all having fun "

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/02/trump-claims-his-plea-for-russia-to-hack-clintons-email-was-a-joke-1199524

Seat back, relax, enjoy your flight...

49 minutes ago, Benmart said:

IMO using a two hour "speech" to repeat the same old, same old, sprinkled with a few more people to insult and demean is not Presidential, but pathetic. Clear example of a leader who has "lost the plot". However, up to you and others, who are in the minority, if you view trump as an good example of US Presidential leadership. I do not, in fact trump's leaning towards authoritarianism I find repugnant. 

2 hours ago, oldrunner said:

If you're gonna insult the intelligence of others you should as a bare minimum get you grammar correct.

If not you'll come across as smart as the semi retard you defend.

6 hours ago, simple1 said:

trump just confirming he has lost the plot - no new ideas, repeats BS and repeats again and again = Zzzzzzzz

Getting worried I would say...

I would think there are more than a few Republican Senators who must be thinking about their own credibility, continuing to support Trump just means they are going to go down with him.

14 minutes ago, Becker said:

You're not alone. Seeing the draft dodging traitor p***y grabbing the American flag just makes me sick.:bah:

My thoughts, I know where I would like to shove that flag ...with pole. :whistling:

May be just the pole as not to offend Americans.

So Don the Con is on the hustings already for 2020. Trying to stir some passion into the uninformed sheep who make up his dwindling base. Next will be some illegally started war to divert attention away from his lies and upcoming impeachment. 

11 minutes ago, isaanjohnno said:

So Don the Con is on the hustings already for 2020. Trying to stir some passion into the uninformed sheep who make up his dwindling base. Next will be some illegally started war to divert attention away from his lies and upcoming impeachment. 

Have you been Watching House of Cards?

“How the righteous love to bemoan their role in middle-management, and condemn those who might actually have an effect on the world”.

~President Frank Underwood

24 minutes ago, isaanjohnno said:

That's the way it is done...

In voting for a man who is obviously so unwell psychologically, a man who knows no boundaries when it comes to serving his own internal needs through the office of the President of the United States of America Trump has, in my eyes anyway made the USA a lamentable laughing stock as a nation and as a people.

For a people to vote for a man who conducts himself in such shamelessness, such obviously immature, insecurely attached ego needs goes to show how psychologically sick and myopic the USA people are.

6 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

And that is a damning indictment of the country's education system. Young people ought to have the intelligence to work out who you can trust and who you can't.

And you ought to have the intelligence to work out that not every one shares your political view; and that having a different political view to yours is not an indication of lower or higher intelligence in them and you.

Oh how the left just love to position themselves as deep thinking intellectuals. 

Perhaps some found the Clinton machine, which cheated Bernie so she could contest Trump, even more reprehensible, untrustworthy and unworthy of office. 

Mr and Mrs Clinton are both proven liars.

48 minutes ago, Becker said:

If you're gonna insult the intelligence of others you should as a bare minimum get you grammar correct.

If not you'll come across as smart as the semi retard you defend.

Interesting.

So your sole measure of intelligence is based on someone's knowledge of a particular language's grammar.

Using the term "semi retard" as a derogatory insult speaks volumes for your humanity and empathy though.

5 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

In voting for a man who is obviously so unwell psychologically, a man who knows no boundaries when it comes to serving his own internal needs through the office of the President of the United States of America Trump has, in my eyes anyway made the USA a lamentable laughing stock as a nation and as a people.

For a people to vote for a man who conducts himself in such shamelessness, such obviously immature, insecurely attached ego needs goes to show how psychologically sick and myopic the USA people are.

Or there again, it showed just how appalling the alternative choice was.

Maybe explains why so many Americans didn't cast a vote?

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Interesting.

So your sole measure of intelligence is based on someone's knowledge of a particular language's grammar.

Using the term "semi retard" as a derogatory insult speaks volumes for your humanity and empathy though.

1. No, it's not the only measure. I also looked at what he actually wrote. Besides, I didn't insult anyone's intelligence, only pointed out that since he did so he should at least get his grammar straight. Understand now? 

2. Yes, because the one I'm insulting is such an emphatic humanitarian who would e.g. never insult a handicapped person or a war veteran tortured in captivity!

But you're right, I should aspire to be better than the moral monstrosity in the WH. 

35 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

And you ought to have the intelligence to work out that not every one shares your political view; and that having a different political view to yours is not an indication of lower or higher intelligence in them and you.

Oh how the left just love to position themselves as deep thinking intellectuals. 

Perhaps some found the Clinton machine, which cheated Bernie so she could contest Trump, even more reprehensible, untrustworthy and unworthy of office. 

Mr and Mrs Clinton are both proven liars.

But but but ...

The comment you were reacting to had nothing to do with political leaning btw, but with the lack of insight if people vote for a proven conman.

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

Its been clear for some time now that both Trump and his dwindling band of supporters have nothing new to say.

Oh, I beg to differ. In his speech, he also vowed to issue an Executive Order requiring "free speech" at colleges. Evidently, some conservative activist was punched at Berkeley.

Huh? Is he so dense or his followers so gullible & dense that they do not know the First Amendment does that already? Well, the good thing is that I hope that also applies to Fordham University to release his grades.

After his continual trashing of the free press, I never thought I would now be writing: Trump, Champion of Free Speech. ????   Soon, Trump will be tweeting: "who knew, the USA didn't have free speech until I created it?"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-sign-executive-order-requiring-free-speech-190554773.html

Archived