Trump slams Mueller, mocks critics in fiery two-hour speech

rooster59

15 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Will wait and see what the tax returns and other investigations turn up.............maybe not impeachment material but enough to show that he is the lying, cheating, dumb orange scumbag that many suspect!

Probably yes, but his fans don't care. He'll still get 40+ % of the votes.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Cohen laid it out and said "no russia collusion" so either Cohen lied about everything or lied about nothing... what is it? 

No, that is not what Cohen said.

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

How would I know what the correct link is?  Anyhow, I've got no problem with the Democrats going after Trump's tax returns, but it should be a very high hurdle to get access to anyone's tax returns. If they've got the goods, more power to them. If they haven't, I hope they don't turn it into a spectacle, giving nutty far right wingers the moral high ground.

10 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

How would I know what the correct link is?  Anyhow, I've got no problem with the Democrats going after Trump's tax returns, but it should be a very high hurdle to get access to anyone's tax returns. If they've got the goods, more power to them. If they haven't, I hope they don't turn it into a spectacle, giving nutty far right wingers the moral high ground.

Actually, no, it should be mandatory for Presidential candidates to share their tax returns. 

On 3/12/2019 at 1:24 PM, lannarebirth said:

Yes, it should be, but it's not, so they have the same protections as everyone else.

Not quite. The chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee is entitled by law to see the President's tax returns. 

"In the matter of tax returns, the law could not be more clear (see Code sec. 6103(f)????  Upon written request by either the Chairman of either the House Ways and Means Committee or the Senate Finance Committee, the Treasury Secretary “shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request.”  The Ways and Means Committee may share these tax returns and related information with the full House, assuming there is a legitimate purpose for doing so."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenrosenthal/2018/11/26/congress-can-and-should-demand-president-trumps-tax-returns/#6e9704b79b7a

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Yes, it should be, but it's not, so they have the same protections as everyone else.

But shouldn't they release them if they're happy to release them?

On 3/12/2019 at 1:33 PM, bristolboy said:

Not quite. The chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee is entitled by law to see the President's tax returns. 

"In the matter of tax returns, the law could not be more clear (see Code sec. 6103(f)????  Upon written request by either the Chairman of either the House Ways and Means Committee or the Senate Finance Committee, the Treasury Secretary “shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request.”  The Ways and Means Committee may share these tax returns and related information with the full House, assuming there is a legitimate purpose for doing so."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenrosenthal/2018/11/26/congress-can-and-should-demand-president-trumps-tax-returns/#6e9704b79b7a

I've got no problem with that as long as they can defend the "legitimate purpose". I'm guessing that would be in the court of public opinion.

22 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I've got no problem with that as long as they can defend the "legitimate purpose". I'm guessing that would be in the court of public opinion.

20 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Assuming they're not lying. That's not an assumption I would make.

Which means there is a legitimate purpose.

10 hours ago, keemapoot said:

I do agree that is those two things. She has been made privy to the Mueller report and knows though there may be a lot in that report that is damning, would not rise to the level of successful impeachment in a GOP controlled Senate. Also, as you state, Trump's base, who are notoriously "not snowflakes" could tear up the joint, and probably would.

There are two other possibilities. 1. Pelosi is smart. She is setting herself up as the one who said let's not impeach in advance of a damning Mueller report, and she knows there will be an impeachment and if the impeachment goes wrong, she will not be the sacrificial lamb., or 2. She knows that there is more value to the Dems to merely drag Trump through the mud until his term ends, with constant leaks and disclosure of his nasty acts in an attempt to sour normal Republicans for the next election.

I do agree fully with Lanna above too, that Pelosi has no concern with being divisive. That is who she is as a career survivor in that game. I am also certain the Mueller report will disclose a lot of nasty stuff about Trump and his clan and gang.

Hahahaha....youre too kind. I think she knows they got nothing but a bunch of circumstantial stuff and no 

collusion so it's time to cover her ass and continue to obstruct. Typical slime ball Pelosi.

11 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Cohen laid it out and said "no russia collusion" so either Cohen lied about everything or lied about nothing... what is it? 

That is a bold face lie.   Cohen said no such thing.   He said he knew of no direct evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.   

There is a big difference between saying there is no collusion and not knowing if there is collusion.   

19 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

...but you do realize that, if that’s the case, the country already is damaged if not completely broken? 

IMO the country is indeed already broken. As someone pointed out already, Trump was elected BECAUSE it's broken. If the liberal coasts are trying to take the country in a direction the center will not tolerate, big problems arise.

IMO, the US is divided irreparably between the liberals all for PC and social justice ( whatever that means ) and the rest of the country.

It's just going to get worse too- remember who has all the guns.

21 hours ago, keemapoot said:

I do agree that is those two things. She has been made privy to the Mueller report and knows though there may be a lot in that report that is damning, would not rise to the level of successful impeachment in a GOP controlled Senate. Also, as you state, Trump's base, who are notoriously "not snowflakes" could tear up the joint, and probably would.

There are two other possibilities. 1. Pelosi is smart. She is setting herself up as the one who said let's not impeach in advance of a damning Mueller report, and she knows there will be an impeachment and if the impeachment goes wrong, she will not be the sacrificial lamb., or 2. She knows that there is more value to the Dems to merely drag Trump through the mud until his term ends, with constant leaks and disclosure of his nasty acts in an attempt to sour normal Republicans for the next election.

I do agree fully with Lanna above too, that Pelosi has no concern with being divisive. That is who she is as a career survivor in that game. I am also certain the Mueller report will disclose a lot of nasty stuff about Trump and his clan and gang.

I heard on talk back radio this morning, that it's possible that the Dems are becoming a collection of extreme liberals and she is trying to present herself as a centrist, standing for rationality.

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I heard on talk back radio this morning, that it's possible that the Dems are becoming a collection of extreme liberals and she is trying to present herself as a centrist, standing for rationality.

That is maybe a possibility as the Dems are floundering, looking for a direction and looking for a leader. If Biden enters the race, that will bring the centrists back to the table, so look for that.

8 hours ago, keemapoot said:

That is maybe a possibility as the Dems are floundering, looking for a direction and looking for a leader. If Biden enters the race, that will bring the centrists back to the table, so look for that.

If Biden runs his only means of financing at this time is major corporate, rich people and interest group PACS. All the grassroots money is sewn up already. The other Democrats are going to make a big deal out of that which will just soften him up for the Republican he might face. THat happens even if the Republican candidate finds his financing in exactly the same way. It is an expectation for REpublicans but it no longer is for Democrats.

On 3/12/2019 at 1:15 AM, tlandtday said:

Absurd assumption.  You are claiming that Cohen is either 100% incapable of ever telling the truth, or 100% incapable of ever telling a lie.

Yes, Cohen is an admitted liar, but he is capable of telling the truth.  I assume statements he made under oath that can be verified by documents, the SDNY, or Mueller are true.

15 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

If Biden runs his only means of financing at this time is major corporate, rich people and interest group PACS. All the grassroots money is sewn up already. The other Democrats are going to make a big deal out of that which will just soften him up for the Republican he might face. THat happens even if the Republican candidate finds his financing in exactly the same way. It is an expectation for REpublicans but it no longer is for Democrats.

OMG are you saying he's a corporate stooge?

16 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

As long as "the Republican he might face" is Trump, Democrats and independents aren't going to care if his money comes from Satan.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

As long as "the Republican he might face" is Trump, Democrats and independents aren't going to care if his money comes from Satan.

But, why would Trump finance his opponent's campaign?

nothing bizarre about mr. president tellin the plain truth about mentally sick dems and their mob unfit to present a workable political agenda .

however reackoning is closing in for their left wing fake news media now nbc, hbo with bill maher face multi million dollar law suits, hopefully lots of journalists will get fired.

wbr

roobaa01

2 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

nothing bizarre about mr. president tellin the plain truth about mentally sick dems and their mob unfit to present a workable political agenda .

however reackoning is closing in for their left wing fake news media now nbc, hbo with bill maher face multi million dollar law suits, hopefully lots of journalists will get fired.

wbr

roobaa01

During the campaign Trump said "I love the uneducated."  Your post reminded me of that.

45 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

This is a good example of fake news.  

No, it's not fake news and here's where it comes from:

"We won the evangelicals. We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated," he said during his victory speech.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/02/24/donald-trump-nevada-poorly-educated/80860078/

56 minutes ago, Credo said:

No, it's not fake news and here's where it comes from:

"We won the evangelicals. We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated," he said during his victory speech.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/02/24/donald-trump-nevada-poorly-educated/80860078/

Thank you.  Allow me to add:

" In the 2016 election, a wide gap in presidential preferences emerged between those with and without a college degree. College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%. This is by far the widest gap in support among college graduates and non-college graduates in exit polls dating back to 1980. "http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

Although this may be called "fake news".  It seems among Trump supporters referenced facts are fake news.

2 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

This is a good example of fake news.  

And this is a good example of the fake world the trump supporters live in.........they live a lie just as trump does because they, like him, just cannot help themselves.

Archived