BANGKOK 25 March 2019 14:41
ThaiRebound

City to live in Thailand, inland, where it is quiet?

There are many homestays and resorts in all price ranges that are in lovely private quiet settings... usually having a vehicle helps but not always necessary.. 

I would say in the Isaan area.Khon Kaen,Udon Thani or possibly Nong khai.

• Like 1

Yes Prasat would fit the bill nicely.

14 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Prasat, i would call it a satelite city off the hub of Surin city, dead as heaven on a saturday night but some snug little bars and eatery's, also very close to chong chom boarder and immigration office 20 bht van trip also 20 bht to surin city for a bit of night life.

Yasothon

• Like 1

Ask simon43, he is a champion to find the best spots and manage a life, he can teach you everything that you need to know !

If you wish for REAL quiet, may I suggest Savannakhet in Laos, opposite Mukdahan on the Mekhong. There you will find that even the dogs cannot be bothered to bark, nor the roosters to crow. However, you run the risk of terminal boredom - and I mean terminal literally.

Ubon Ratchathani > Nartsiri Hotel (best value hotel I have ever been in - squeaky clean, all comfort, very good buffet breakfast > 850 THB for double room).  It is situated in quiet area but close to city center.

I also liked very much Nan and Mae Hong Son in North Thailand.  And Nong Bua Lamphu, Loei, Nakhon Phanom and Mukdahan in Isaan. If you stay little bit out of the center, you are by definition in a quiet place.

All of them (including Ubon) not very touristy but nice and interesting.

• Thanks 2

Prachuab Khirikhan, nice and cosy, at least two comfortable hotels in direct coastal setting, overlooking the fantastic bay, breathtaking. Very few tourists, very few expats, no bars, very affordable prices, good travel connections via the rail line. As a province capital a very relaxed place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Go to the Windsor Resort in Lopburi. $18 a night with a pretty damn tasty breakfast. The cleanest room I have ever been in anywhere. Its a new place 500 meters away from the center of old town  and the rooms are huge. Its dead at night in Old Lopburi, walk from the watering hole back to this place at 9pm and you would wish you had both dog spray and ghost phasers. 

Khao Kalok - few decent hotels, pick your own beach most days, very small market comes marginally more alive at weekends but generally very quiet