Road Trip Saphon Mon

CeeGee

Hi, not sure if this should be in Travel but as it starts in Pattaya, I thought I would put it here(Mods please move if you think it should be)

Thinking if doing a drive Pattaya, Kanchanaburi, Saphon Mon, Pattaya over three or four days(five if needed)

I will have GPS and a Thai speaker with me.Anyone have any thoughts or observations having done this trip before.Google maps make it look straight forward and is it worth the three/four hour drive from Kanchanaburi to Saphon Mon or is it once you have seen the bridge thats it!

Cheers

I had to look up the place you are asking about.

Seems to be the "mon bridge"/"saphan mon" (wooden bridge) in Sangkhlaburi district (far west near Myanmar border).

I'll ask(report) mods where to put this.

You will enjoy the trip. It is is very popular with tourists and well on the tourist trail so no chance of getting lost on the drive.

You will pass hellfire pass and the  museum on the way which is an interesting visit with some nice walks. Some nice waterfalls on the way too.

Try to avoid traveling on the weekend as can get very crowded especially the waterfall nearest the road which is free to visit. Forget its name but was stacked with Russians when I went.

Thanks for the replies, but has anyone have more specific information on the Saphan Mon part of the trip,ie is there anything to do or see apart from the bridge,is the extra three hours or so from Kanchanaburi worth the trip or do you spend an hour looking at the bridge and thats it.

Cheers

Walk the Wooden Bridge, visit Sangkhla Buri - Wat Wang Wiwekaram Temple, rent a long tail boat and have a river trip, stay overnight by the river and visit the Three Pagodas Pass.

Visit Thong Pha Phum and Vajiralongkron Reservoir on your way back or the other way around.

Win ????

Archived