BANGKOK
mike8888

builder in roi et

looking to build 160 sq meter two story house in roi et any builders you could recommend ? have drawings for the home and looking to get budget and process started 

Check out Alan the Builder. He has been in business building all across Isaan for a long time. He will be more money than other locals, who call themselves builders but less expensive than paying for errors (if they can be remedied afterwards).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

used Alan sometime ago - great bloke, easy to deal with.

• Like 2

I can recomend a local builder we been using many times, but depends on whereabout in roi et are you located? 

On 3/8/2019 at 1:38 PM, sanook 1 said:

I can recomend a local builder we been using many times, but depends on whereabout in roi et are you located? 

Hello Sanook, I’m new to this website and signed up after seeing this post and in particular your message. I’m also looking to build a house in Roi Et and would prefer to do it by way of local builders and buying materials ourselves. My wife does know a few builders in the village but we aren’t that confident in them. Therefore any recommendations of good builders would be gratefully received. We are in Chaturaphak Phiman. Many thanks. 

On 3/15/2019 at 4:03 AM, paradiver said:

Davlin construction Thailand find them on Facebook 

I look at you facebook page and see only one job you do and only new company ?

Do you have any other job I can see

Thanks

On 5/2/2019 at 10:14 PM, adannyboy said:

Hello Sanook, I’m new to this website and signed up after seeing this post and in particular your message. I’m also looking to build a house in Roi Et and would prefer to do it by way of local builders and buying materials ourselves. My wife does know a few builders in the village but we aren’t that confident in them. Therefore any recommendations of good builders would be gratefully received. We are in Chaturaphak Phiman. Many thanks. 

Hi Danny,Im afraid its a bit to far for him to travel,its about 100 km from Us one way. But from experience..ask around in the village and see there is someone who most people recomend,order all material yourself, ask for a fixed price before start. Try him on a smaller project before..good luck.

You could try chaikorat see him advertising on bahtsold these days. He did most of the bars in Soi Cowboy including my friends. Has a team who will go anywhere, builds tin sheds for sleeping in or rents cheaply locally.

If your wife is apprehensive about the locals you should be terrified.

Your problem is that you want a good job but you want to buy everything yourself. The best builders simply wont work that way

I guarantee you locals will walk halfway through the job and go pick rice or you'll have plumbers doing electrical work and you will be pulling your hair out in a month

Budget for 15k per sqm and get yourself a proper builder.......most like Alan or PD house are 20 to 25,000 baht these days but they don't build cinder block huts with tin roofs and call them houses

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Tanlic said:

You could try chaikorat see him advertising on bahtsold these days. He did most of the bars in Soi Cowboy including my friends. Has a team who will go anywhere, builds tin sheds for sleeping in or rents cheaply locally.

If your wife is apprehensive about the locals you should be terrified.

Your problem is that you want a good job but you want to buy everything yourself. The best builders simply wont work that way

I guarantee you locals will walk halfway through the job and go pick rice or you'll have plumbers doing electrical work and you will be pulling your hair out in a month

Budget for 15k per sqm and get yourself a proper builder.......most like Alan or PD house are 20 to 25,000 baht these days but they don't build cinder block huts with tin roofs and call them houses

15k per square metre is easily enough that you won't end up with a "cinder block hut with a tin roof".

Our build was slightly under that, built by my wife's uncle and was built to my spec and completed on time. Sure there were occasions when there was a death in the family or a wedding that needed attending but that is part of living in Thailand.

Like anywhere in the world, you need to check out the builder first. Look at some of his own work, ask others if they know about him.

Just take a look at all the very houses popping up around places like Roi Et. Usually belonging to teachers, doctors or government officers and being built by local builders.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 1

Hope they are not as unlucky as our local bank manager.

1.4 million and the crack runs side to side and right through the kitchen at the rear.

Had a look for him only solution is a partial rebuild but he can't afford  to fix it just now

He had a local patch it but it's opened up again.  

The problem with some locals is materials have changed and are heavier but they still build the old way

20151030_145107.jpg.1fe9ce39b9cdfdefc77eff5869242a7b.jpg

20181014_153644.jpg

20181014_153754.jpg

vinyl-tile-expansion-gap-1.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like there were no wall ties.

A fundamental error that should have been picked up by said bank manager.

Looks like there were no wall ties.

A fundamental error that should have been picked up by said bank manager.

Why, What should a bank manager know about construction? (Or a rice farmer).
You pays your money, you take your chances. Mistakes are usually very expensive to remedy, if they are possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk