builder in roi et

mike8888

By the way at the end of the day the land is what you get a chanote for and the banks name go on as owners when you borrow.

Houses can fall down, lose value so the banks main collateral is always land. So if the land is worth 60% of the total value then they cant lose if they only lend 60% of the total

A thread this week on here was about a bank refusing to let the borrower build on land they had borrowed money.

Apparently the bank never told them until after the deal had gone through.

39 minutes ago, Tanlic said:

The bank manager is with BAAC who's headquarters are in Bangkok 

Who said they MUST be built by a recognized developer?  I didn't don't you understand the word OR? 

What amazes me is suddenly right out of the blue you know 3 people who got loans in the last 3 weeks.........and boing!! said Zebedee

Personal insults?...never use them but I do believe I know who you might be.

Do you write stories for the TV program Jackanory...Jackanory Jackanory?

I wonder because your great at making up stories????

Without wishing to sound pedantic, using the word "or" in the negative would suggest that both clauses would be linked. You would need to re structure your sentence to mean either/or.

I said 6 weeks, not 3.

Calling someone "not the brightest" would suggest some kind of insult or even a personal attack.

You say you may know who I might be. Please feel free to pop round and I can introduce you to the people who got bank loans.

See you soon.

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No plans. In fact, I would doubt any houses in our village have been built by professionally made plans. Ours for one.

You just said they discussed plans now they don't have any?

Put your thinking cap on for one minute.

The criteria to get a bank loan is to show you have the ability to meet the payments plus give the bank something for collateral.

If you don't meet part one then the bank will not lend so lets assume she did meet part 1.

Part 2 the house has no plans so the bank most likely did not take it into consideration but took a lien on the land as security.

as far as head office goes....Must admit I cheated and spoke to the bank manger before I posted

4 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Without wishing to sound pedantic, using the word "or" in the negative would suggest that both clauses would be linked. You would need to re structure your sentence to mean either/or.

I said 6 weeks, not 3.

Calling someone "not the brightest" would suggest some kind of insult or even a personal attack.

You say you may know who I might be. Please feel free to pop round and I can introduce you to the people who got bank loans.

See you soon.

Yer heid is full of wee wheels LOL

4 minutes ago, Tanlic said:

You just said they discussed plans now they don't have any?

Put your thinking cap on for one minute.

The criteria to get a bank loan is to show you have the ability to meet the payments plus give the bank something for collateral.

If you don't meet part one then the bank will not lend so lets assume she did meet part 1.

Part 2 the house has no plans so the bank most likely did not take it into consideration but took a lien on the land as security.

as far as head office goes....Must admit I cheated and spoke to the bank manger before I posted

Yes, you are correct. I apologise for my error.

I meant to say no professionally laid plans.

In house construction, you get what you pay for.  Using local builders is great, if your not looking to a high spec build. Normally they build what they think you want, not actually what you ask for. They are great for low cost houses, and usually asking around in the village you can find a decent local builder. However, be prepared for a few headaches, as they will not always follow good building practices. Such as not using sufficient wall ties or re-bar. Concrete mixed by hand, and not always to the same strength or consistency. This can lead to problems later with cracks etc.

If you looking for a European style build, then can highly recommend “Alan the builder” Especially if you are not there to watch what is going on 24/7

He is very professional, and build to what I regard a very high standard for house built in Thailand. Not cheap, however as stated you get what you pay for. Being a ex carpenter, then feel the advice offered is the best recommendation I can give the OP.

This thread caught my interest for a couple reasons. I live in Roiet province and have been involved in 3 builds here. My house and helping friends find a builder. 

Agree, 15k baht per m2 will produce a quality build. 

There are some good builders but have a look at what they have built cuz that's what you will get.

Put together an agreement which defines progress payments and build schedule. A good builder will be familiar with this and have no prob accepting.

Professional plan drawings are preffered but I have seen good results with sketchup drawings. Being on site during the build is key no matter the type of plan.

Good builders I have worked with, as noted above, will not agree to buyer providing material and builder providing labor only.

Building a home in Isaan can be a challenge but if you do your homework in builder selection, should cost calculation, and be on site the majority of the build, all will be good.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:52 PM, Slugs11 said:

In house construction, you get what you pay for.  Using local builders is great, if your not looking to a high spec build. Normally they build what they think you want, not actually what you ask for. They are great for low cost houses, and usually asking around in the village you can find a decent local builder. However, be prepared for a few headaches, as they will not always follow good building practices. Such as not using sufficient wall ties or re-bar. Concrete mixed by hand, and not always to the same strength or consistency. This can lead to problems later with cracks etc.

If you looking for a European style build, then can highly recommend “Alan the builder” Especially if you are not there to watch what is going on 24/7

He is very professional, and build to what I regard a very high standard for house built in Thailand. Not cheap, however as stated you get what you pay for. Being a ex carpenter, then feel the advice offered is the best recommendation I can give the OP.

What's with the European standards? Which part of Europe do you come from? I'm from the UK and high end companies don't build cinder block kitchens covered in cheap tiles with a few 2,000 to 5000 baht units thrown in. Nor would they use a single skin of cinder block or those tiny red brick for external walls. If you are paying 20 to 25,000 baht which is 4 to 5 million baht for a 200 sqm bungalow with a Thai kitchen 60 x60 tiles that can be bought for under 200 baht per sqm and even if the builder uses 7.5 aerated blocks you are being ripped off big time.

Archived