BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Big Joke: E-cigarettes are bad for you and they are illegal

8 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Exactly, should ban them before these e cigarettes, so many people still hooked on them knowing full well the consequences.

what are the consequences of ecigs, do tell

11 hours ago, keith101 said:

Tobacco is much worse than E-cigarettes and should be banned as well but as with most countries around the world it brings in a heap of money in taxes and lives seem to matter less here than elsewhere .

Alcohol, cheese, french fries, soda, salt, sunshine, sex - the list goes on and on - are all bad for you.  Maybe the state should outlaw everything that is unhealthy, fit ever person with a monitoring device, and administer electrical shocks to people who don't exercise enough. Then we could all live dreary, miserable, controlled lives for as long as humanly possible. Wouldn't that be wonderful.

11 hours ago, SammyT said:

So are normal smokes, so why are they still legal?

Companies providing normal cigarettes have been established for a long time and through that fact may have established some high profile connections who do not see it expedient with competitorsThis is not a claim, but a thought only ... :sleep:

Anytime Thai cops become so serious about something this absurd, it's usually a case of follow the money... 

The Thai cigarette market raises massive money for locals and taxes for Thai government. That will be protected at all costs. Everything else is just noise

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Gen No Joke strikes again. Is there any pie which this guy doesn't have a finger in?

I'm pretty certain he isn't on the immigration officials after hours visa processing jackpot committee..

But... then again.  Who can say? TIT.

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Gen No Joke strikes again. Is there any pie which this guy doesn't have a finger in?

Hopefully not in a LB's pie ... :shock1:

In the UK you can walk around Heathrow airport vaping just told by security guard to be discreet and respect other people (ie no big clouds) this is because it is almost accepted fact that vaping has much less health affects (ie 95% and 2nd hand vape no health affects)

You can buy in Tescos and gas stations...2-3 vapeshops in every town.  

In the UK if you're departing from Heathrow, vaping is actually permissible as far as the gate

8 minutes ago, richiejom said:

In the UK you can walk around Heathrow airport vaping just told by security guard to be discreet and respect other people (ie no big clouds) this is because it is almost accepted fact that vaping has much less health affects (ie 95% and 2nd hand vape no health affects)

You can buy in Tescos and gas stations...2-3 vapeshops in every town.  

Unfortunately for some and fortunately for others UK is UK and Thailand is Thailand for the better or worse depending on the eye of the beholder ... :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Unfortunately for some and fortunately for others UK is UK and Thailand is Thailand for the better or worse depending on the eye of the beholder ... :thumbsup:

I don't mind I was trying to point out a fact...  if an authority told you something was bad for you who are you more likely to believe

34 minutes ago, richiejom said:

I don't mind I was trying to point out a fact...  if an authority told you something was bad for you who are you more likely to believe

The fact is that the use of EL cigarettes are unhealthy as it contain several carcinogens substances and that it remain to see how it impact the smoker and the surroundings on a later stage when it exist accurate data ... :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, richiejom said:

Well for some they are throwing their lot in with Thailand, and East Timor😀

Others opt for cranky studies that are soon countered, such as the one that incinerated the liquid such that it would dissolve a person's mouth.😀

39 minutes ago, ttrd said:

The fact is that the use of EL cigarettes are unhealthy as it contain several carcinogens substances and that it remain to see how it impact the smoker and the surroundings on a later stage when it exist accurate data ... :thumbsup:

Actually, the study to which you refer was discredited long ago...the power used was so high that anyone trying to vape at those levels would have experienced a ‘dry hit’ with a terrible taste, and would have stopped immediately.

You might be interested in something a little more current...

E-Cigarettes Are Toxic Chemical Free Says US Government

BJ the mouthpiece...whether vaping is bad for you or prolongs your life the issue here once again is that BJ who started out as a conscientious copper has become nothing more than a political mouthpiece and puppet to his masters. I have been raped, there's BJ immediately stating no rape took place, tourists dont get raped in Thailand, then I have been blackmailed for vaping, no you haven't as that would never happen in Thailand, vaping is illegal here and you were legally arrested, hey look I just arrested some other vapers too, its all a bit sad and pathetic...

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

who is the smoker?  vaping is not smoking, to have smoke you need fire. Vaping has no fire so I think you need to change your vocabulary

Doctors have already stated 2nd hand vapor has no health affects to surrounding people and heating liquid does not create new carcinogens as explained below

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

Really........ Certainly they could never be considered healthy and I agree there isn't definitive long term data, but scientific bodies maintain they are much safer than cigarettes which is the only comparison that really matters- 95% less dangerous according to Health England.

The substances you refer to are either absent in e liquid or at much lower concentrations- this is proven fact.