Big Joke: E-cigarettes are bad for you and they are illegal

webfact

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

The BS  is your dismissal of substantiated scientific fact. You cannot  cite one recent peer reviewed public health study that backs up your position.

As for your claim that  ecigarettes are 95% less harmful, you are lying. Provide the established data that substantiates  your claim.  You don't even know what is in the liquids used, so how can you even claim they are not harmful.  Yes  a .38cal bullet fired from 100m is less harmful than a tossed grenade at 50 m. However, the  bullet can still be lethal sometimes.

Thailand is doing the right thing and it is supported by public health professionals around the world. Vaping is  harmful and causes serious and significant lung damage.

https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/news/innovation-medicine-2018-providing-smoking-cessation-patients-hospitals-will-save-lives-and

key recommendation:

• We should allow e-cigarettes to be used on NHS sites to support smokers to remain smoke-free and help to sustain smoke-free policies.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BS  is your dismissal of substantiated scientific fact. You cannot  cite one recent peer reviewed public health study that backs up your position.

As for your claim that  ecigarettes are 95% less harmful, you are lying. Provide the established data that substantiates  your claim.  You don't even know what is in the liquids used, so how can you even claim they are not harmful.  Yes  a .38cal bullet fired from 100m is less harmful than a tossed grenade at 50 m. However, the  bullet can still be lethal sometimes.

Thailand is doing the right thing and it is supported by public health professionals around the world. Vaping is  harmful and causes serious and significant lung damage.

https://www.nnalliance.org.au/uk-royal-college-of-physicians-recommends-promotion-of-e-cigarettes/

e-cigs are a much safer alternative to cigarettes, that is a fact.

they will be made legal here and that has already been discussed by government last year and the delay is down to tax and no other reason. using harmfulness is just an excuse to delay.

anyway BJ says whatever he is told to say by toad and toad is told what to do by the monopoly.

time will tell but i believe cigarettes will eventually be a thing of the past everywhere 

You wanted only 1 so to please you 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/sifting-the-evidence/2017/dec/29/e-cigarettes-vaping-safer-than-smoking

4 hours ago, a977 said:

The vaping fluid is imported into the country so it comes under immigration

I've never seen a passport let alone a visa for any brand of vaping fluid.

It might come under customs but immigration, don't think so?

I gave up Cigarettes after my Daughter bought me a Vape to use. Best thing I ever did. Have been using it for two years. My lungs are no longer congested. My taste buds have returned. It is much less expensive. The Aroma is more pleasant; and On the very odd occasion I have smoked a cigarette, it taste terrible and can't believe I smoked those things for so long.

Everybody knows that Thailand is doing this for the Cigarette Tax Revenue. The Gov't.  needs too find out solution for e-Cigs. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Big Joke: E-cigarettes are bad for you and they are illeg

Big Daddy has spoken: Unlike your parents, the State will not support you, however, they will punish you for putting substances in your own body.  You're not free to do so.  Big Daddy and the nanny-state will throw you into jail 
Now, time for a Johnney Walker Black and a good old-fashion Thai ciggie.  <puff, puff - inhales, blows a smoke ring>  Stick with the real thing children, they are legal because we say they are, and they are produced by our fine Thai tobacco monopoly.  It's patriotic too.  And remember - Big Daddy knows best! 

Tobacco cigarettes are legal and proven to damage health.

Alcohol is legal and proven to damage health.

Both are seemingly monopolized and taxed heavily to fuel the juggernaut called government, both here and worldwide. No one calls for an outright ban on either, less it interfere with these lucrative money makers and positions of power.

This preaching as to "being bad for you", could be left to those that hold degrees in health sciences, are experienced representatives from the appropriate departments and are members/appointees of an elected body.

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Thailand is to be commended for its stand on e-cigarettes aka vaping. The products are dangerous and encourage young people to  vape under the misleading claim that the vape is  not harmful.

The fact that one harmful activity has been grandfathered into  legal acceptance does not justify the permission for a new harmful activity. 

The obligation is not on BJ to support the  now established  view that vaping is harmful to physical health. The onus is on the promoters of the activity to show that it is not causing direct physical harm. Common sense tells us that the ingestion of unregulated toxic chemicals will cause damage. Because vaping is a relatively new activity, long term studies  have not been  available to show just how dangerous it is, but as time goes by, the evidence is becoming unassailable. For example;

E-cigarette vapor disables key immune cells in the lung and boosts inflammation: Effects similar to those seen in regular smokers and patients with chronic lung disease published British Medical Journal August 2018

Food and Chemical Toxicology, Volume 120, November 2018 recapped the  existing knowledge that smoking flavoured e-cigarettes can produce unacceptably dangerous” levels of formaldehyde and other carcinogenic compounds.

I can cite 20+ studies and presentations in the past year which all  discuss the damage done and  harmful effects of vaping. Those who claim there are no harmful  effects have a vested interest. The positions adopted by some health agencies that vaping was less harmful than heavy cigarette smoking have been taken out of context. What they said was common sense: If vaping could be used as a smoking cessation  tool then it was less damaging than continuing to smoke cigarettes. No one has greenlighted the activity, nor the  dangerous chemicals  used,

The notices are on many foreign service websites as a travel advisory. A quick google search will show many articles warning against vaping.

Although vaping in itself is technically not illegal. The import, sale and servicing of the products is. Therefore, if a foreigner is vaping, the foreigner has illegally obtained the product. The concept is no different than  being in possession of stolen merchandise. The holder need not have stolen the merchandise.

Vaping helps people stop smoking cigarettes. Vaping is 0.5% as harmful as cigarettes. 

I am not claiming they are harmless, but in comparison to real cigarettes, they are effectively harmless. But you're right, I do have a vested interest, my health. 

Ha..ha..ha..as they all choke to death in Bangkok and Chiang Mai shrieking that Thai oxygen is good for you and come buy a condo (which you will never own) in one /both of the most polluted cities in the world..

But those E-Cigs-they are the very devil..

What a dishonest farce.

7 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Vaping helps people stop smoking cigarettes. Vaping is 0.5% as harmful as cigarettes. 

I am not claiming they are harmless, but in comparison to real cigarettes, they are effectively harmless. But you're right, I do have a vested interest, my health. 

As an ex smoker I welcome the idea of another method to quit smoking. The problem with this situation is that it being a underground activity and the fact the world is full of unscrupulous people, the possibility of substandard materials being used in both the liquid and the charge units increases. Even if I did vape, I would not be using some street market material to breathe into my lungs - who knows what's in the solution? There also has been countless tales of batteries/chargers burning people when they've failed. To eliminate the thousands of chemicals from smoking by vaping while quitting is in the right direction but the gear has to be top notch and fully inspected, not like in this situation. 

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Would be good if he also provided some medical study to back his assertion it was bad for you.

But got to love the irony , after the fiasco he raids a few dozen shops to prove the point .

what is more ironic is that he is the boss of immigration and last time I checked immigration had nothing to do with raiding shops for illegal products 

one might start to think BJ is the boss of all police as he is involved in all sectors of it from immigration to road blocks 

Do you really need medical evidence to show they are bad for you?.

Their is  nicotine in these things, so yes they are bad for you.

6 minutes ago, irishken said:

Do you really need medical evidence to show they are bad for you?.

I use a herbal vape ...... only cannabis in mine, no nicotine.

(Not in Thailand of course)

Lots of legal herbs you can vape, tea is popular.

https://kingpenvapes.com/kpv-blog/what-kind-dry-herbs-vaporize

Latest medical research shows that vaping is at least 95% less harmful than smoking. In the UK, doctors can now prescribe vaping materials in an effort to ween smokers off the dreaded tobacco. So, the joke's on Big Joke, though it's quite scary that he and his beloved men in khaki can actually deport someone for being in possession. A man in his elevated position should be expected to display more intelligence 

The problem with vaping is the addictive nature of nicotine.  I had a friend quit smoking went to vaping wound up in the hospital 2 times due to heart racing from all the nicotine in fact the company JUUL the major American supplier and now owned by Marlboro prides itself on its nicotine salts 10 times more powerful than normal.  vaping should be required with a doctor's prescription to help people quit smoking it should not become an alternative.  And for years JUUL has been targeting the teen market.  Sound familiar?

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Do you really want to post rubbish without having any clue at all?

Plenty of ejuice withOUT nicotine, incase you missed it nicotine 0, thats ZERO, thats no nicotine at all.

Next

How many people do you honestly believe are using vaping minus nicotine?

10 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

The problem with vaping is the addictive nature of nicotine.  I had a friend quit smoking went to vaping wound up in the hospital 2 times due to heart racing from all the nicotine in fact the company JUUL the major American supplier and now owned by Marlboro prides itself on its nicotine salts 10 times more powerful than normal.  vaping should be required with a doctor's prescription to help people quit smoking it should not become an alternative.

you posted same crap before , so i will tell you again, JUUL is NOT major supplier and JUUL makes mods not the ejuice.

People have a choice which ejuice to buy, 0 3, 6, 12,18 or 24 mg nicotine

If you friend was stupid enough to buy 24 mg nicotine and chain vape it then no need to blame anyone else for his own stupidity

4 minutes ago, irishken said:

There is nicotine in these things only if you want it. You get varying strengths of nicotine according to what you want -- or you can buy nicotine-free vaping liquid. The idea is to start at a strength suitable to you, and as you wean yourself off cigarettes, you reduce the nicotine strength in your vaping liquid. When I quit smoking several years ago, and liquid was hard to find, I sometimes had to buy fairly strong liquid, but I reduced the nicotine strength myself with distilled water. Vaping was a great help to me in quitting cigarettes (I no longer vape, BTW). Hope this information helps you to understand vaping better. 

Archived