Big Joke: E-cigarettes are bad for you and they are illegal

webfact

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

will you visit your friends in prison after you tell them it not not illegal?

First time I have seen you go on the attack about an issue NCC1701A. Might have to calm you down and get you a couple of women to spend the night with you:cheesy:

I never smoked cigarettes, so I dont need an e cig whatever it does.

When we were about 8 yrs old, we boosted a few Pall Malls from Dad and went in the woods to smoke them........the few times I tried.....Iturned green and puked my heart out..........it kept me from ever smoking.

Are they so adamant about banning E Cigs becauseyou can smoke weed in them, or is there another reason?

Just now, ubon farang said:

First time I have seen you go on the attack about an issue NCC1701A. Might have to calm you down and get you a couple of women to spend the night with you:cheesy:

you are right. i have been grumpy since i got back from Bangkok a week ago. Hua Hin just does not compare. 

5 minutes ago, inThailand said:

BJ should spend his time on more important issues like kicking out all the TV posters skirting immigration laws. 

Especially the non-smoker / non-vapers among them.  Law and Order for everyone they say, until it's them in the cross hairs, then there aren't enough tissues in the world to sop up their tears. 

14 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

I never smoked cigarettes, so I dont need an e cig whatever it does.

When we were about 8 yrs old, we boosted a few Pall Malls from Dad and went in the woods to smoke them........the few times I tried.....Iturned green and puked my heart out..........it kept me from ever smoking.

Are they so adamant about banning E Cigs becauseyou can smoke weed in them, or is there another reason?

Because

1. Not tax or tax category yet

2. Tobacco monopoly may start to loose money and people may start to quit smoking and switching to vaping 

Glad to see he's living up to his name. What a complete and utter .........n idiot. By the way I've seen plenty of BIB (not in uniform I have to say and or D's) vaping. Please, please tell me why this isn't a Third World country.???? 

6 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Sadly, I fear e-cigs will never be legal in Thailand, or even tolerated.  It's totally bizarre when one considers that mainstream science concludes that they are very much safer than cigarettes.  Public Health England estimates they are 95% safer than cigarettes.

Sorry, wrong AGAIN...
Look, read and UNDERSTAND post #28, two post above yours...

Would it be ok to pass this decree on to all foreign embassies to include in their "do not do in Thailand list" ? They have already lost my brother and his wife, Centara types, as returning visitors over this but I'm sure many intending tourists would be very unhappy to find out that having switched to vaping for health reasons they cannot enjoy this relatively safe alternative on holiday in Thailand and would succumb to the urge to return to smoking life threatening tobacco. 

At least it's good to know that before you decided where to drop your not unsubstantial holiday cash, unlike the now overwelcome Chinese running in packs behind a flag bearer and spending nothing ! 

It's a depressing country from a common sense prevails aspect and it's wearing me down. I no longer recommend a visit to friends as I have been admonished twice already and laughed at for not changing my multiple holiday destination to a country with a more mentally stable administration. 

50 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Smoking and using an e-cigarette has been illegal in Thailand since 2014.

No it's not, the laws are absolutely unclear and are about import and export of said devices. 

It's even unclear what said devices are as liquid is just vegetable glycerin, pg and aroma u can buy in every pharmacy. 

Mods are just battery packs with a connector... 

This is just thai bs law especially if u bought the ecig in thailand itself. 

5 hours ago, phycokiller said:

great that policemen are health experts too

Do NOT need to be an "policeman" to understand that this shit is no <deleted>...ing good for you.
JUST keep yourself nid noi updated at science...

My Thai B in L, was given a vaping kit, to help wean him off the 'hard' stuff, just a couple of years ago.

This was at the big rehabilitation centre, north of Khon Kaen, just off the H2.

Much better now: though the Listerine got to him.

thumbnail_listerine.jpg.a9cc5b9baa7c30e9dc2acf16e1840073.jpg

8 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Thailand is to be commended for its stand on e-cigarettes aka vaping.

You have been hopefully misinformed regarding the safety of e-cigs.... unless of course you know better than Health England, the Royal college of Physicians, Cancer research UK, American Academy of Sciences. etc.

33 minutes ago, pellets said:

Sorry, wrong AGAIN...
Look, read and UNDERSTAND post #28, two post above yours...

Here's the mainstream science view from the UK, which leads to the conclusion that vaping is 95% safer than cigarettes:  you'll notice at the end is a comprehensive list of studies from peer reviewed submissions.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/684963/Evidence_review_of_e-cigarettes_and_heated_tobacco_products_2018.pdf

Tell Mr. Big Joke...

Cigarettes are Bad for you too! But they are 100% bad for your Health also. But they are not Banned Why??? (Reason... Big Money Talks!!

E cigarettes might be Bad for you also... But less then 20% Bad for your Health... But they are Banned.....?? Why?? (Reason because they reduce profits Big Money is making every day on "Real Cigarettes"

Health Department cannot prove E-Cigarettes are more dangerous then real Cigarettes!! Only thing they can prove is that E-Cigarettes are a Danger to Profits made in Thailand on Sale of real Cigarettes! Period!

Alcohol is Dangerous to your Health also, So is Beer... Sales to under age buyers. Not once in 15 years in Thailand have I seen someone checking I.D. of Cigarette or Alcohol Buyers.... Start here! Ban sales of shops who get caught! Take away their right to sell!!  Police would make More Money on Fines of Shops and underage smokers... But they will never do this because it will interfear with Big Money's Profits!

License and let Thai Cigarette Monopoly here sell E-Cigarettes...? Yes? Ban would be gone by Midnight Time! Proof? Read below...

"Here's the mainstream science view from the UK, which leads to the conclusion that vaping is 95% safer than cigarettes:  you'll notice at the end is a comprehensive list of studies from peer reviewed submissions."

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/684963/Evidence_review_of_e-cigarettes_and_heated_tobacco_products_2018.pdf

(I borrowed your quote... Mommysboy!)

Prove us wrong!!!

Archived