Big Joke: E-cigarettes are bad for you and they are illegal

webfact

11 hours ago, keith101 said:

Tobacco is much worse than E-cigarettes and should be banned as well but as with most countries around the world it brings in a heap of money in taxes and lives seem to matter less here than elsewhere .

Alcohol, cheese, french fries, soda, salt, sunshine, sex - the list goes on and on - are all bad for you.  Maybe the state should outlaw everything that is unhealthy, fit ever person with a monitoring device, and administer electrical shocks to people who don't exercise enough. Then we could all live dreary, miserable, controlled lives for as long as humanly possible. Wouldn't that be wonderful.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, SammyT said:

So are normal smokes, so why are they still legal?

Companies providing normal cigarettes have been established for a long time and through that fact may have established some high profile connections who do not see it expedient with competitorsThis is not a claim, but a thought only ... :sleep:

Anytime Thai cops become so serious about something this absurd, it's usually a case of follow the money... 

The Thai cigarette market raises massive money for locals and taxes for Thai government. That will be protected at all costs. Everything else is just noise

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Gen No Joke strikes again. Is there any pie which this guy doesn't have a finger in?

I'm pretty certain he isn't on the immigration officials after hours visa processing jackpot committee..

But... then again.  Who can say? TIT.

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Gen No Joke strikes again. Is there any pie which this guy doesn't have a finger in?

Hopefully not in a LB's pie ... :shock1:

In the UK you can walk around Heathrow airport vaping just told by security guard to be discreet and respect other people (ie no big clouds) this is because it is almost accepted fact that vaping has much less health affects (ie 95% and 2nd hand vape no health affects)

You can buy in Tescos and gas stations...2-3 vapeshops in every town.  

In the UK if you're departing from Heathrow, vaping is actually permissible as far as the gate

8 minutes ago, richiejom said:

In the UK you can walk around Heathrow airport vaping just told by security guard to be discreet and respect other people (ie no big clouds) this is because it is almost accepted fact that vaping has much less health affects (ie 95% and 2nd hand vape no health affects)

Unfortunately for some and fortunately for others UK is UK and Thailand is Thailand for the better or worse depending on the eye of the beholder ... :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Unfortunately for some and fortunately for others UK is UK and Thailand is Thailand for the better or worse depending on the eye of the beholder ... :thumbsup:

I don't mind I was trying to point out a fact...  if an authority told you something was bad for you who are you more likely to believe

34 minutes ago, richiejom said:

I don't mind I was trying to point out a fact...  if an authority told you something was bad for you who are you more likely to believe

The fact is that the use of EL cigarettes are unhealthy as it contain several carcinogens substances and that it remain to see how it impact the smoker and the surroundings on a later stage when it exist accurate data ... :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, richiejom said:

Well for some they are throwing their lot in with Thailand, and East Timor????

Others opt for cranky studies that are soon countered, such as the one that incinerated the liquid such that it would dissolve a person's mouth.????

39 minutes ago, ttrd said:

The fact is that the use of EL cigarettes are unhealthy as it contain several carcinogens substances and that it remain to see how it impact the smoker and the surroundings on a later stage when it exist accurate data ... :thumbsup:

Actually, the study to which you refer was discredited long ago...the power used was so high that anyone trying to vape at those levels would have experienced a ‘dry hit’ with a terrible taste, and would have stopped immediately.

You might be interested in something a little more current...

E-Cigarettes Are Toxic Chemical Free Says US Government

BJ the mouthpiece...whether vaping is bad for you or prolongs your life the issue here once again is that BJ who started out as a conscientious copper has become nothing more than a political mouthpiece and puppet to his masters. I have been raped, there's BJ immediately stating no rape took place, tourists dont get raped in Thailand, then I have been blackmailed for vaping, no you haven't as that would never happen in Thailand, vaping is illegal here and you were legally arrested, hey look I just arrested some other vapers too, its all a bit sad and pathetic...

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

who is the smoker?  vaping is not smoking, to have smoke you need fire. Vaping has no fire so I think you need to change your vocabulary

Doctors have already stated 2nd hand vapor has no health affects to surrounding people and heating liquid does not create new carcinogens as explained below

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

Really........ Certainly they could never be considered healthy and I agree there isn't definitive long term data, but scientific bodies maintain they are much safer than cigarettes which is the only comparison that really matters- 95% less dangerous according to Health England.

The substances you refer to are either absent in e liquid or at much lower concentrations- this is proven fact.  

19 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Really........ Certainly they could never be considered healthy and I agree there isn't definitive long term data, but scientific bodies maintain they are much safer than cigarettes which is the only comparison that really matters- 95% less dangerous according to Health England.

The substances you refer to are either absent in e liquid or at much lower concentrations- this is proven fact.  

Many people, Thai people I've known still think nicotine is the dangerous part about smoking... I had to explain to them its the burning/tar but I don't think it sunk in.   Theres little point trying to explain to a lot of people who don't take the time to learn about how vaping is 100x healthier

Also I went in a Thai Ambulance a few months back and the driver had a vape mod on the seat when I got in and I saw a IO officer using one of those IQOS things.

Love these who say vaping is bad for you without knowing anything about it. but he's correct its is bad for you as i dropped my wismec box mod on my foot. while  in the cop shop with no shoes on . police came to my house i had 18 mods all the juices on the shelfs .but they said was ok . added it was a nice smell from the vapour . 

mabey where i live is a different law 

15 hours ago, keith101 said:

Tobacco is much worse than E-cigarettes and should be banned as well but as with most countries around the world it brings in a heap of money in taxes and lives seem to matter less here than elsewhere .

The jury is still out on which is the worst. Regardless, the hypocrisy is evident.

30 minutes ago, quandow said:

The jury is still out on which is the worst. Regardless, the hypocrisy is evident.

No, the jury most certainly isn't.  Only in your head!  Major health bodies around the world now acknowledge that vaping is substantially less harmful than smoking.  The latest country to reverse its ban is UAE.  The latest major body to declare in favor of vaping is NYU.

Thailand will look increasingly stupid imo.  

21 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And minister of health.

Are you sure the picture is the police or the Tobacco lobbyists group??? 

E Ciggs are better than tobacco smoking, not any where near as harmful.

They are looked upon by the health sector in NZ as being a step to weaning off the terrible real smokes.

Although they do not condone smoking E ciggs.

The problem as I see it and do many on TV, is that they can not control the TAX on E ciggs and juice.

2 hours ago, Shiver said:

Just buy Phillip Morris.  Job done.

Or buy government.... oh wait, that's a nest of rats right there.  Rat poison will be made illegal, but at whose expense [/rhetorical]

can't just buy philip morris. can buy their cigarettes but the IQOS is still illegal in thailand.

Philip Morris, the largest tobacco company in the world, says it will be going smoke free in the future. 

https://www.pmi.com/who-we-are/designing-a-smoke-free-future

9 hours ago, mommysboy said:

The air we breathe is more harmful 

12 hours ago, richiejom said:

In the UK if you're departing from Heathrow, vaping is actually permissible as far as the gate

Hmmm, I think that has changed unfortunately. I remember several years ago being told it's fine to vape inside the terminal, as long as discreet, etc. But as of a year or so ago I'm sure they changed policy and now have signs up specifically saying no vaping. One can still be discreet of course.  

As it happens I once asked at Suvarnabhumi and was told it was fine to vape. I did so, discreetly. Now I would not dare.

16 hours ago, BestB said:

So is vaping , problem is they do not know how to tax it , tax it as tobacco or electronics? Also for ejuice , some do not contain nicotine , just flavoured oils 

Like so many things these days.  It is a knee-jerk reaction by ill-informed people.  They use misinformation with the intention of spreading disinformation.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:36 PM, geriatrickid said:

The BS  is your dismissal of substantiated scientific fact. You cannot  cite one recent peer reviewed public health study that backs up your position.

As for your claim that  ecigarettes are 95% less harmful, you are lying. Provide the established data that substantiates  your claim.  You don't even know what is in the liquids used, so how can you even claim they are not harmful.  Yes  a .38cal bullet fired from 100m is less harmful than a tossed grenade at 50 m. However, the  bullet can still be lethal sometimes.

Thailand is doing the right thing and it is supported by public health professionals around the world. Vaping is  harmful and causes serious and significant lung damage.

Care to post a link with scientific evidence that it is harmful?

2 minutes ago, bizboi said:

Care to post a link with scientific evidence that it is harmful?

How can we know which is more dangerous? More damaging? We can guess. But the fact is we will have a hard time of it until someone dies, who was never a smoker ,but was a vaper the whole life. Does their lungs have damage from the heat of vapes? The metallic composition of the vape debris? Are they genetically effected?

What we know is that vaping contain carcinogen substances, however, a portion less than cigarettes and for the same reason we can assume it is harmful - how much remains to be seen ...

Archived