Hat Yai: Car driver flees the scene on foot after motorcycle couple thrown off bridge

webfact

On 3/4/2019 at 3:31 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Doing a runner is enought to indicate total fault and DUI in my opinion. 

There should be no proof needed under such circumstances. Fleeing the scene should automatically come with the highest penalty - I think in this case its Manslaughter.

RE - Fleeing the scene should automatically come with the highest penalty

The reason behind a runner can be a result of everything from drunk and guilty to innocent in a state of shock - a reaction we cant predict not unlike you immediate reaction followed by an accusation without knowing the course of events ... :thumbsup:  

Almost certainly some pissed-up playboy on his way home from some dodgy late night watering hole or a bit of dodgy business, and deliberately gunning his car to piss off badly-equipped cops. (He/she/they would have had to pass the cop shop just before that accident.)

I frequently hear gunfire during late night racing. I believe cops deliberately try to blow out the tyres of such vehicles, and tend to hide around intersection corners waiting for the noisy ones to arrive. It also sounds like there is often return fire, but it really is best to stay indoors when these stunts are around. I was woken one night by what sounded like bullets bouncing off my roof after one passing racer. The reality was probably that a cop on foot or a hidden m/c took aim at the rear of a passing racer. He succeeded in punching a hole right through a meter box, shooting parallel to the road at street level.

Another thing seen here. A car demolishes a power pole at 4 am. Almost certainly drunken driving. Only an insurance agent turns up, and the driver has probably been replaced by a friend. As the agent is doing his stuff, two cops pass by on a small m/c. They take no notice of the wrecked car and demolished pole, and are seen disappearing around the corner of the next crossroads. Not long after, a car races past in the same direction and turns the same way. Blat, blat, blat, blat. the engine stops. No one at the original crash scene is stupid enough to go take a look. Best to leave these things well alone.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:51 AM, hotchilli said:

In Thailand it's around 500 baht & a wai !!

Last year my wife received a phone call from her sister saying her only son had been in a an accident and he had knocked two people off a motor bike. One person had a broken leg and the police wanted Bt 200,000 to prevent him going to jail and being dismissed from the army.

It transpired that he had fled the scene but had been caught on CCTV.

His excuse was being in the army and injuring a Muslim  in the deep south he felt endangered although he was not in uniform. He repaired his car within 24 hours of the accident. The injured persons family demanded Bt 400,000 as compensation but the police said Bt200,000. So it was Bt200,000 we paid. The Bt200,000 was handed over family to family at the police station to the highly delighted victims family.

Months later when we arrived in Thailand the wife's nephew presented us with a New Year gift box as a thankyou for keeping him out of prison. The wife's sister kindly reminded my wife the gift box cost Bt400. At no time has any mention of any part of the Bt200,000 been mentioned. 

This is Thailand.

Meanwhile the Red Bull Heir has never been to court for dragging a cop 200 yards under his Ferrari and killing him in the middle of the night and then  fleeing the scene and drinking alcohol. And recently a post on this forum stated the Police had done nothing to apprehend him.

12 hours ago, Sprog71 said:

Last year my wife received a phone call from her sister saying her only son had been in a an accident and he had knocked two people off a motor bike. One person had a broken leg and the police wanted Bt 200,000 to prevent him going to jail and being dismissed from the army.

It transpired that he had fled the scene but had been caught on CCTV.

His excuse was being in the army and injuring a Muslim  in the deep south he felt endangered although he was not in uniform. He repaired his car within 24 hours of the accident. The injured persons family demanded Bt 400,000 as compensation but the police said Bt200,000. So it was Bt200,000 we paid. The Bt200,000 was handed over family to family at the police station to the highly delighted victims family.

Months later when we arrived in Thailand the wife's nephew presented us with a New Year gift box as a thankyou for keeping him out of prison. The wife's sister kindly reminded my wife the gift box cost Bt400. At no time has any mention of any part of the Bt200,000 been mentioned. 

This is Thailand.

I suspect the pressure to pay was greater than what you could deal with.    I'd think the son involved with this would be  showing you gratitude constantly for the rest of his life but we all  know he'll forget about it soon.

Archived