Wife dies after German, 68, drives CRV into a tree in Kamphaengphet

webfact

Wife dies after German, 68, drives CRV into a tree in Kamphaengphet

4pm.jpg

A 68 year old German man from Chiang Mai is in hospital after he hit a tree in Tha Phusa district of Kamphaengphet early Sunday morning. 

His wife sitting in the front passenger seat was pronounced dead at the scene.

They were named as Fa Ham sub-district couple Gunter Hermann Wagner and his wife Nitjaree Wagner, aged 60. 

Chiang Mai News reported that fire broke out by the driver after the collision with the tree. He suffered severe burns. 

The license plate of the car is ขอ (khor or) 6777 (Chiang Mai). 

Source: Chiang Mai News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-04

The licence plate of the car is necessary for??? (Lottery users ?)...

No facts or info in this report. A tragic loss for the German chappy. 

I hope the crash wasn’t the fault of another car / truck / bus overtaking or on the wrong side of the road running him off of the road.

Dash-Cams: In the event of an accident, even one I am unable to indicate cause there will be recorded evidence of blame *(I have cams on both my car and my Motorcycles (FWD & Rear facing)). 

Not that it would help this guys wife, but cam evidence may protect him should suspicion be placed on his driving. 

I hope the crash wasn’t the fault of another car / truck / bus overtaking or on the wrong side of the road running him off of the road.

Dash-Cams: In the event of an accident, even one I am unable to indicate cause there will be recorded evidence of blame *(I have cams on both my car and my Motorcycles (FWD & Rear facing)). 
Not that it would help this guys wife, but cam evidence may protect him should suspicion be placed on his driving. 

Why would suspicion not be placed on his driving?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wife did this sometime back on a car that had 4 dead.???? She said "bad luck gone only good luck now".???? Kiss my grits she won 6k on that license number.???? R.I.P.

2 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

So we don't know what caused the incident . Headline said ........German drives CRV in to a tree. His fault then.

Headlines are notoriously clumsily and are rarely indicative of anything more than an attempt a sensationalism - particularly in Thailand where the headlines often lack any consideration of what implications they may have on dumb readers believing a headline to be fact... 

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Headlines are notoriously clumsily and are rarely indicative of anything more than an attempt a sensationalism - particularly in Thailand where the headlines often lack any consideration of what implications they may have on dumb readers believing a headline to be fact... 

There is nothing sensational about this headline at all. It just states the facts as ascertained from the CMN report. There was no word of any witnesses.

Rooster

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Maybe brake failure. The road does not look very wide to justify fast driving - whatever the drivers nationality is or if there was another vehicle coming from the wrong side.

Looks a narrow country road...Driver fault should be suspect.

RIP to the lady.

3 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

There is nothing sensational about this headline at all. It just states the facts as ascertained from the CMN report. There was no word of any witnesses.

Rooster

The headline could imply the German drove the CRV straight into a tree.... 

Perhaps a less clumsy headline could be... “Wife of German dies after their honda CRV impacts a tree”....

I know this is semantics - but the headline seems to imply blame ‘drives into a tree’... not looses control for reasons as yet unknown, skids into slides into etc...  I find the headline somewhat clumsy and questionable. 

52 minutes ago, Borzandy said:
2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

So we don't know what caused the incident . Headline said ........German drives CRV in to a tree. His fault then.

It's rarely the tree's fault.

Sadly, in Thailand it can often be the fault of a 3rd party who has fled the scene... i.e. the CRV had no choice but to take evasive action and avoid a head on collision etc... 

Of course, there is no witness etc.. so its only his word.. there are many causes of an accident. But it may not necessarily be the 'fault' of the German CRV driver, equally so, he could have fallen asleep at the wheel etc... no one knows.

As I wrote earlier - I hope he has Dash-cam footage which would clear up any question of blame. 

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

777 came out on the Lao lottery last Wednesday. 

6 hours ago, Sealbash said:

It should... suspicion should be placed on every and any possible cause of the accident until there is more information or evidence. 

Hence my input that Dash-Cam evidence could absolve the driver of any blame (if he was blameless) when otherwise suspicion could be placed on him. 

4 hours ago, ravip said:

Maybe brake failure. The road does not look very wide to justify fast driving - whatever the drivers nationality is or if there was another vehicle coming from the wrong side.

Looks a narrow country road...Driver fault should be suspect.

RIP to the lady.

What you see is the shoulder of Asian Highway 1 (AH1), it's 2 lanes in each direction and a divider in the middle.
It look something like this:

image.png.65a1237e7ff3202f6c82548119d4f238.png

I'm 50/50 if he hit the first or the second tree on the left as the car is facing basically 90 degrees of initial direction! 

(It's about 500m from my friends house so I could identify the place from the photos in Chang Mai News original report)

7 hours ago, Sealbash said:

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No he is a foreigner, we drive perfect. If its a Thai its their driving. If its a foreigners i can't be our driving we are perfect something Thais should aspire to be. 

So don't you dare blaming it on driving when a farang is behind the wheel. ????

7 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Rooster

Damage to the poor tree, was sensational to me ????

I'd suspect a heart attack of the driver. My question is the fire, how did it start, when did it start, the water truck was there already when it started?  I'd also wonder if seat belts were used by both? The CRV is a fairly safe vehicle.

9 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I wouldn't blame the tree.

According to the article it was just 1-one ... :whistling:

RIP & Recovery

The reasons some cast aspersions on the driver is because such "accidental" things have been known to happen in the past, and often when the driver knows that the passenger typically does not wear a seat belt and was not wearing a seat belt.  Strange and sad but true. 

19 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Wife did this sometime back on a car that had 4 dead.???? She said "bad luck gone only good luck now".???? Kiss my grits she won 6k on that license number.???? R.I.P.

christ the mentality!!

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Did you just call toofarnorth dumb?

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Complains about a news item that is unusually sparse on detail thus depriving one of anything to comment on or contradict... and then ploughs right on with their own theories and postulation with a sprinkling of irrelevancy just for variety.

I love the smell of ThaiVisa in the morning! Smells like... ennui.

Archived